[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo I'm new to this board but I haven't seen any Twisted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5751.jpg (114KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5751.jpg
114KB, 500x500px
Yo I'm new to this board but I haven't seen any Twisted Metal talk, 2 was always my favorite, thoughts?
>>
>>4044489
Shut up.
>>
File: virtuafighter1u.jpg (687KB, 850x1095px) Image search: [Google]
virtuafighter1u.jpg
687KB, 850x1095px
>>4044489
>>4044503
Youtuber reddit parrotor thinks 5th gen made 3d.
>>
>>4044454
tm: head on is a direct sequel to 2 story wise but it's not retro
>>
>>4044489
>>4044496
>>4044503
Sorry about your thread OP.

Twisted Metal 2 is probably my favorite as well, I think it got the balance of campiness with 90s edginess just right. It also does everything a good sequel should. 4 plays and looks better and has a good soundtrack, but doesn't nail the tone as well - I think they went too far camp with it.

I've never played 3, but I know it's seldom brought up for a reason - what makes it so bad?
>>
>>4044521
>4 plays and looks better
How does it play and look better?
Tremendous slowdown during multiplayer.
No ramming damage. chaingun does almost none damage.
It takes forever to kill a car, so it ends up in health goose chase if player vs player.
Cars glue themselves into the wall, especially Quatro.
Cars are humongously unbalanced(orbital and zombie>shit>rest)(ok that's mechanics, not play and looks).
>>
>>4044521

I had 3 and liked it, but none of the maps seemed quite as expansive with hidden routes 'n shit like TM2. Also, when your car flipped it'd often stay upside-down for a bit followed by your car respawning in place, which was kinda weird.

I don't remember the game being bad though, just not quite as memorable as 2.
>>
my niggah.

love it.

spectre vs shadow matches..all night
>>
>>4044454
The best of the retro TM franchise. 1 is second best, and I have a soft spot for Small Brawl. I think 3 and 4 are mostly poopoo. In 2, Grasshopper is my favorite, followed by Warthog. Most of the cars are fun and look cool, too.
>>
>>4044454

Definately my favorite growing up. I loved the first one almost as much, but the fact that it didn't have the great ending videos with calypso killed me.

Three was neat in its own way but just didnt have the charm of the second. The crappy 3d rendered videos at the end disappointed, stage design wasn't that memorable and I guess after the third game, the concept just gets tired if not improved upon.
>>
1 = solid and charming
2 = the definitive (classic) version
3 = controls phenomenally well with UltraRacer
4 = uhm... yeah haven't played that one yet.
>>
>>4045826
lel really, Grasshopper? What is it about her? She's not that fast, piss weak armor and probably the worst special in the game. I actually killed myself using her special against one of the bigger players.I guess the one good thing you could say about her is her handling, and her ending is probably one of the best.

I main Mr. Grimm btw, so feel free to lay it on
>>
>>4046128

Not that anon, but I'm guessing he probably uses his shield when he uses his special, and follows it up with a remote bomb or napalm.
>>
File: Tm2twister.jpg (29KB, 481x358px) Image search: [Google]
Tm2twister.jpg
29KB, 481x358px
>>4045826

grasshopper kind of is my favorite too, but the special is so sketchy to use. like 1 out of 6 uses was suicide. and unlike Twister, it was hard to get away for health after.

Twisters special made me wish tm2 had 4 player mode.
>>
>>4046643

I used to jerk off to this screen (it was before I had internet and my parents were sorta Puritan).
>>
>>4045826
Never seen anyone who played Grasshopper until now. I always thought she was garbage, even if her special is fun to use. I was a Shadow/Roadkill guy.

But damn, was she annoying to play against as a CPU.
YEEHAW!
YEEHAW!
YEEHAW!
YEEHAW!
YEEHAW!
>>
>>4046643
>ULTRA TIGHT
Describes that driving suit too
>>
>Dat cheat that lets you look under Flower Power's skirt on TM3
Muh dick
>>
>>4046128
>>4046643
>>4046717
>>4046785
>>4046890
I'm just good with her, for starters, oddly enough. I practiced with her because I liked the name and car and found myself decent with her. I don't have any problems with her special, and like that it's homing, unlike a lot of other specials. I also get hard thinking about how hot she is and what her feet smell like.
>>
>>4046643
That place she talks about going to sounds like something you'd hear about in a eurobeat song.
>>
Just loaded this up today for the first time. It's actually fairly challenging!

And fuck sweet tooth. I finally get to Paris and like a minute in I'm barraged into the bushes and all I can hear is HUE HUE HUE HUE while I'm continually pummeled by his pink rockets
>>
>>4047842

If you think that's bad, just wait until you fight Dark Tooth...
>>
>>4046643
Just use the shield combo beforehand.
>>
Has anyone here has experience with the PC port of TM2? Is it playable on modern systems? Does it has a functional online multiplayer?
>>
Would anyone be interested in helping me put a fresh coat of paint on TM2? maybe add online play? Should I ask Jaffe for permission first?
>>
>>4048172

I bet they'd be jews about it, but if you did make TM2 HD I'd play it. Maybe making a vehicular combat game "inspired by" Twisted Metal might be a better idea if you want to avoid that, I'm assuming you'd be rebuilding the game from scratch anyway since I don't imagine modding a PS1 game is easy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.