[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's a genre of gaming you avoided while growing up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Lord_Xeen.jpg (140KB, 650x651px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Xeen.jpg
140KB, 650x651px
So what's a genre of gaming you avoided while growing up but are going back to and exploring (or have explored) in your adult years?

Western/computer RPGs for me.
>>
>>4044105

jrpg translations
>>
>>4044105
retro
>>
>>4044105
Jrpgs, I didn't pick one up because I thought they were boring till about 3-4 years ago
Final Fantasy is in my top three favorite series now
>>
>>4044105
FPS games. I was a sheltered Nintendo kid my whole childhood but then Sonic Robo Blast 2 convinced me to play Doom.

It's my favorite game now.
>>
>>4044238
But N64 was king of FPSes that generation.
>>
>>4044241
No it wasn't. PC was always the king of FPS, always.
>>
>>4044105
I enjoyed western RPGs as a kid. These days I can't even stand going through the effort of rolling an entire party. Takes so damn long and 90% of them don't even let you manually distribute stats.
>>
>>4044292
I mean, besides PC of course.
>>
>leaving your comfort zone

There lies the path to madness.
>>
>>4044241
It was, but I never really got to play them. I had GoldenEye for a little bit but my dad took it when he left

>>4044292
I presume he meant compared to other consoles.
>>
>>4044241
Does Ghost in the Shell on the PS1 count as a FPS? Because that was the best game of its kind in that generation.
>>
>>4044105
JRPGs, but to be more specific older turn-based stuff.
As a kid I grew up on dime a dozen platformers and action-adventure titles.
I never played a jrpg outside of pokemon because I found the gameplay boring.
It wasn't until I tried FFVII two years ago that I fell in love with the genre and now I've been slowly going deeper and deeper while building a huge backlog.
>>
>>4044408
We have SaGa generals here on /vr/. Have you thought about checking those out?
>>
>>4044105
Sports. Didn't realize some of them were actually fun before they got serious.
>>
>>4044105
Platform games. Yeah, I was a weird kid.
>>
I always viewed beat-em-ups as mindless quarter-munchers back in the day. I never really considered the idea of playing them skillfully or for 1cc or whatever. There's a huge amount of depth to these games that I never knew of (...but some are still mindless).
>>
Uh, fishing games. not kidding I actually kind of want to take up fishing for real now
>>
>>4045768
Any recommendations? All I've ever really played is The Blue Marlin and Legend of the River King.
>>
>>4045768
I loved fishing with my dad when I was a kid and I'd love to do it again someday. I can't personally see the appeal of fishing games/sims because, to me, the end goal of fishing is all about cooking & eating the fish that you caught. More power to ya though!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.