[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just bought a functioning cabinet with only the trigger being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2281.jpg (96KB, 574x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2281.jpg
96KB, 574x1024px
>Just bought a functioning cabinet with only the trigger being broken for $250

Was it a good purchase? The cabinet is in good condition too
>>
File: 1483702053302s.jpg (1KB, 90x89px) Image search: [Google]
1483702053302s.jpg
1KB, 90x89px
>good condition
>>
>>4043054
>good purchase
>good condition
100% faggot
>>
>>4043054
Why did you pay $250 just to beat it with a bat?
>>
>>4043054
Box that takes half of your room for single game, anything in that box goes ploof and you shit out of luck.

Seriously, why not just a single good and large CRT and $500 PC that will run 2D arcade beautifully.
>>
>>4043176
>$500
Why would you spend that much on hardware for the sole purpose of playing old school arcade games?
>>
>>4043054
Not good condition. Not a good purchase. WTF are you going to do with it? You don't know what it's worth so you're obviously not a zaxxon enthusiast or have the skills to convert it to play anything else.
>>
>>4043191
Because you spend it once and yo have 80's-00 systems.

One cabinet and your family will ask someone to strip it out so your poverty stricken ass be buried in one when you get hit by pulmonary embolism.
>>
Man, so much hate in this thread.

Zaxxon is a cool game and a true classic from the golden age of arcade machines. Your cabinet appears to be all original but it's certainly not in good condition and it's probably going to be impossible to fix the trigger, the whole stick will need to be replaced and an authentic one will be expensive. I'm afraid that you probably overpaid.

As someone who seems to be a single cab guy, you'll probably not stay entertained by Zaxxon for a very long time. My advice is that while it's still new to you and you like it, get the stick fixed and freshen up the cabinet. Repaint the brown parts and if you're good at masking consider running a band of black around the edges of the decals. Then when you're tired of playing it look for an arcade collector that wants to trade it for something with more expansion potential like a Neo Geo or CPS-2 cab.
>>
File: wholecab.jpg (126KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
wholecab.jpg
126KB, 510x680px
>>4043054
Cool as shit, anon. It was always my dream as a kid to own a cabinet. I didnt give a shit what it was. Yours needs some lovin' but honestly, if you treated that cabinet as a project, you're going to have a ton of fun fixing it up.

Do you know the history of that particular cabinet? Where it was or anything?
>>
Ignore the /v/ level trolling OP, you done good.
Does the game board and monitor work ok? They're the most costly/difficult parts to fix, so if they're working fine you're golden.

The cabinet is a bit tatty looking, but $250 is a good price and it looks like the most difficult external parts like the control panel are fine. Get some new side art and repaint it and you could easily get it good as new condition for not that much money (well, good side art ain't cheap..).
>>
Arcade collecting isn't something you can just do half assed unless you have a ton of money to throw at pristine cabinets. There's a hell of a lot of work involved in repairing these machines yourself.
>>
>>4043054
What kind of retard wold buy this machine for any amount of money? id rather buy sinstar then that garbage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.