[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wondering, what's the common technique for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I've been wondering, what's the common technique for looking up words in Kana only games? How do you differentiate between same sounding homonyms?
>>
>>4038740
Scene context, sentence context, and consideration of the target age group. If it's a game for kids, it's easy enough to assume they're not going to be throwing around a lot of difficult or uncommon words.
>>
>>4038740
Common sense, generally.

Honestly, kana only is a poor choice for a first game, those titles only existed because of screen and memory limitations. You're much better off with slightly later children's titles that have furigana. Games aren't a great choice for learning, especially early on. When you reach an intermediate level with a few VNs under your belt, you'll find stuff like this completely trivial.
>>
>>4038753
>You're much better off with slightly later children's titles that have furigana.
I've never found a retro game that uses furigana, not even in the 32bit generation.
>>
>>4038758
I'm not being a jerk, btw, just honestly curious.
>>
>>4038758
I was implying a move to non-retro consoles, really. You could probably find some PC titles that got there earlier.

Kanji aren't hard, anyway. You can learn the vast majority in a few months, and they help a lot with memorisation.
>>
>>4038753
For MM you can just play the PC98 versions instead of the GG ones.
>Games aren't a great choice for learning, especially early on. When you reach an intermediate level with a few VNs under your belt, you'll find stuff like this completely trivial.
I disagree. VNs overwhelm you and have too little interaction to make sure you understood things. In RPGs you get time to think about information and expect you to act according to them.
Much of the SFC, PCE-CD or PS1 libraries is suited for starters.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.