[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi! I really love retro games, so I decided to have my own collection.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: help_please.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
help_please.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
Hi!
I really love retro games, so I decided to have my own collection.
In my local store there are a GC and a N64. They cost 55€. I saved about 80€, and I only have the money to buy one. Is it a good deal? Which one would you choose? They don't have the box. It's a problem. Where did you buy all your game consoles? What TV ports are necessary?
Sorry, I'm new, and all the people I ask is like:
>You have a PS4, why do you want all that old things?
>>
>>4037617
I know it isn't retro, but I don't know where to post it.
>>
>>4037619
>>>/v/
>>
>>4037645
Sorry. I will post it there.
>>
>>4037617
i got all mines when they came out when i was a kid.....if i was going to get into retrogaming new these days i would get a raspberry and say fugg it lmao :D
>>
This post is cute.

I've only ever got consoles as they came out, so I'd probably go for the GameCube if you've never owned one.
>>
>>4037647
Lurk for two years and then post it.
>>
Buy the N64. Play your GC games on a Wii you scare up for free or near it - and emulate all the pre-n64 consoles on it until you decide the next real one you want to buy but your next purchase will probably be an N64 flash cart.
>>
>>4037954
I hate to agree with the shitposting tripfag but this is actually good advice. This is the advice most of this board would give you.

But the N64. GC can be emulated near-perfectly or played on a dirt-cheap Wii if you want real hardware, which will also allow you to use composite without shelling out over a hundred for the cables. The only reason to buy a real GC is for the GBA Player... but just buy a GBA or emulate if you need it to be on TV.

Then invest in flash carts. If you haven't wasted the cash on a collection yet, you'll be making a fantastic investment.
>>
>>4038006
>shitposting tripfag
kek gramps usually isn't the one shitposting. not that his tripfagging wasn't irritating at first, it's just that whining about it became more irritating
>>
>>4038009
Reminder that you can add trips to the filter settings.
>>
File: 1495865922934.png (106KB, 350x425px) Image search: [Google]
1495865922934.png
106KB, 350x425px
>>4037617
>Sorry, I'm new, and all the people I ask is like:
>>You have a PS4, why do you want all that old things?
are the only people you converse with 12 years old?
>>
I recently found that like 5 of the 6 SNES controllers I own have some problem with them.

Broken L, Broken R, Broken Start, etc.

I want to get a new one, and I wanted one with Turbo/Auto-Fire, mostly for old JRPG's and grinding.

I was gonna ebay one, any suggestions?
>>
>>4038267
>>4038267
There should be a repair general up. I would recommend taking them apart and giving them a good cleaning as there may be just a bit of gunk in there that blocks the contacts. If that doesn't work post pics of the PCB.
>>
>>4038257
read the post ffs, ofc they are. OP is 12 years old.
>>
File: m07888__1[1].jpg (108KB, 720x442px) Image search: [Google]
m07888__1[1].jpg
108KB, 720x442px
>>4038267
Rubbers can be replaced with new ones. Retro-centric online stores usually sell them and I think you can even get them on Amazon. Or you can just mix and match parts from the six pads you already have to make one or two fully-working pads. As this guy mentions >>4038280
, opening them up and cleaning them would be a good idea.

Or, if you're not fussed about third party pads you can get a Cirka S91 pad, pic related. They're very high quality and very close to the original official pad and you can get them in both SNES and SFC styles.
>>
>eceleb general deleted in minutes
>shit like this is left to fester
>>
>>4037617
Game cube is useless because of the Wii and the n64 games are usually over priced
Never pay more than 40 bucks for a console op, that's my golden rule
that I keep breaking
>>
depends nigga what games do u like
get a wii and hack it to run nintendont
>>
>>4038464
>Rubbers can be replaced with new ones
I suggest you do this every time you use one. Reusing a rubber is just fucking disgusting.
>>
>>4037617
>What TV ports are necessary?
>€

I'd suggest you getting a french N64 with RGB scart. You will need it to play ntsc games in color and it's the most common connector in Europe anyway.

Only use I have for GC is to play GBA games with gameboy player, normally i play GC games on wii because i can force 480p this way and component cables are cheaper for wii.
>>
>>4038681
Yeah wtf is going on? If e-celeb threads are suddenly against the rules, the mods need to say something. There's no rule against them at the moment and they've been a staple of this board for ages.
>>
File: you keep using that word.png (181KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
you keep using that word.png
181KB, 400x345px
>>4038957
>staple
>>
>>4039735
>doesn't know that staple can be an adjective
lrn2english bud

> Staple (adjective)
> 1. used, needed, or enjoyed constantly usually by many individuals
> 2. produced regularly or in large quantities
>>
>>4040368
>thinks his ecelb shit is used, needed, or enjoyed constantly usually by many individuals
>>
>>4040937
It was used constantly. It was also produced constantly. It and the Doom threads were constant fixtures of this board. It doesn't have to be good to be a staple, dumbass.
>>
>>4041162
It was used by a few underage shitposters who shouldn't even be here. Not a staple.
>>
>>4042040
>a few
It moves much faster than that and contains a ton of shitposting. I'm for it. Easy thread to hide rather than have it spill over, which if does frequently.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.