[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know that Inafune not only created Mega Man, but is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Did you know that Inafune not only created Mega Man, but is the reason Resident Evil was a success?

http://comcept.co.jp/en/projects/publication/publication03.html
>>
Don't trust that translation. They mix up the whole context.
>>
>>4037305

Here is the Japanese original.

http://comcept.co.jp/projects/publication/publication03.html

This is what Google Translate spits out:

>Everyone can make hits! "Rockman" "Onimusha" Birth, Charisma Creator 's Job Surgery that Made "Monster Hunter" "Biohazard" Succeeded

It seems to be saying the same thing.
>>
>>4037310
The word order is important.
>>
>>4037315

Alright, how would YOU translate it?

>『ロックマン』『鬼武者』を生み
= creator of mega man and onimusha

>バイオハザード』を成功に導いたカリスマクリエイターの仕事術
= lead biohazard to success
>>
>>4037317
Note that's not the translation they went with.
The biggest blunder is adding charismatic to the front. カリスマ is practically a bullshit buzzword without any real connotations nowadays.
Star designer would probably fit best for カリスマクリエータ.
>>
File: Inafune created everything.jpg (179KB, 1373x593px) Image search: [Google]
Inafune created everything.jpg
179KB, 1373x593px
>>4037327
>カリスマ

So that's why every Inafune bio keeps calling him "charismatic". Every single Convention bio does it, and I thought it was a strange word to use.
>>
>>4037327

>を生み
= "birth" or "to spawn"

Context, the one who created those games.
>>
>>4037335
translating that as "charismatic" is really lazy and misinformed, one of those cases of Japanese-English where you should not do it 1:1
>>
>>4037341

You're dodging the core issue. The original Japanese says that Inafune was responsible for RE's success, and that he created mega man.
>>
>>4037363
im someone else, just came to post about the translation
>>
>>4037363
It's an advert for his book. What do you expect it to say?
>>
>>4037372
>What do you expect it to say?

Not blatantly lie? Is that so much to ask?
>>
>>4037376
You also won't make a million seller by following this book.
>>
>>4037383

No shit. Inafune's is a hack, and his companies are dying or dead.

His books would only be worth reading as a joke.
>>
I like how he properly credited Kitamura in that one interview then went on to call himself the creator of Megaman in the MN9 pitch video. Kamiya was right, I guess.
>>
>>4037409

He either calls him his "mentor" or "a planner". He doesn't name him directly.

>"I'm often called the father of Mega Man, but actually, his design was already created when I joined Capcom,"
>"My mentor, who was the designer of the original Mega Man, had a basic concept of what Mega Man was supposed to look like. So I only did half of the job in creating him."
>>
>>4037409
>then went on to call himself the creator of Megaman in the MN9 pitch video.

He never said that. First he says he worked on these games, and then that these characters have become iconic. But later he refers to them as "my games". It's implied that he's super important, but he never quite outright lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvmiOQoBP4
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.