[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever bought a defective Nintendo, Super Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (50KB, 714x369px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
50KB, 714x369px
Has anyone ever bought a defective Nintendo, Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis from an official store in the 80s/90s?

Where would someone buy these products, how much were they worth? Where can I find a website of the top selling stores that sold these 3 products, I'm very interested in this era of gaming.

Nintendo Employee Training Video (1991)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43CuRWu5V3E
>>
>>4037232
By the SNES/Genesis era, you could walk into almost any store and buy one. Liquor stores sold consoles, department stores had kiosks, fucking gas stations sold them sometimes.
>>
>>4037232
>Has anyone ever bought a defective Nintendo, Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis from an official store in the 80s/90s?
No i was too young back then to remember anything my earliest memories go back to 2001/2002 and it depends on what you mean by official store as well.

When it comes to defective products it mostly is a game of chance it sure has happened but i do not know the rates of it and when it happened i'm damn sure both the companies fixes the mistake
>Where would someone buy these products, how much were they worth?
How do you know it is defective from the beginning and not due to accident?
>Where can I find a website of the top selling stores that sold these 3 products, I'm very interested in this era of gaming.
Walmart had video games, toys r us had video games, kb toys had video games, kmart had video games, sears had video games etc.
>>4037398
I remember supermarkets having them even when it was far past the 90's (back in the PS2 slim days).
>>
So you're asking how much a broken console is worth?

Not much, unless it's an easy fix then just what someone will give you for parts.
>>
>>4037232
All the SNESs I ever got were defective. Fortunately Nintendo solved the problem by putting the missing pieces inside cartridges. kek
>>
>>4037232
You're talking about an extremely rare occurrence. Any console with known batches that have high failure rates is documented.

As for value they are worthless.
>>
File: sega genesis 6pac cart.jpg (73KB, 799x597px) Image search: [Google]
sega genesis 6pac cart.jpg
73KB, 799x597px
OP here interesting stuff.

Been trying to research my childhood I was always interested in games like Golden Axe, Sonic, Shinobi from the Sega Genesis. I never had a defective console I just hear so many storie's of consoles being unplayable today.

Any possibility to see why these console's were defective in the first place? Are there any record's to show that the older consoles had lesser problems then the Nintendo Switch launch. Not to be nosy but very interested on the least amount of fuck's given during the time.

news report of sega genesis 1989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKj_4ArfcYg

computer chronicles sega 1990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UExsRds7RlE

sega genesis documentary 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCnaw07LaS0
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.