[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any consistent storyline in the Zelda series? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Legend of Zelda, The (U).png (7KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Legend of Zelda, The (U).png
7KB, 256x240px
Is there any consistent storyline in the Zelda series?
I'm just getting into this series, never having owned a Nintendo system in my childhood. I like the first game, but I want to jump around to some later ones. I assume I won't be missing much?
>>
>>4036681
>Is there any consistent storyline in the Zelda series?
Yes.
Ganon gets released/revived and a Princess named Zelda gets kidnapped, so some random dude in a green tunic named Link shows up and ends up going through dungeons to collect gear and MacGuffins to finally reach Ganon and fight him, using the Master Sword and Light Arrows to defeat him and free Zelda.
Then everyone lives happily ever after until the next time Ganon comes back.
>>
File: atl[1].jpg (2MB, 1124x1927px) Image search: [Google]
atl[1].jpg
2MB, 1124x1927px
No. There IS some consistent (and lots of inconsistent) iconography from game to game that some people notoriously including the authors of Hyrule Historia have tried to organize into a grand epic but I'm sure the original devs just did it superficially.

We should have a thread where we attempt to create the most ridiculous possible version of these for prolific game series like Point Blank or something.
>>
>>4036814
Attempting to piece together a valid timeline from clusterfucks like Zelda involving timetravel and alternate dimensions, is just fun. Imagine doing it with a mess like the entire DC universe, and it's an impossible task, but I admire the dedication.
>>
>>4036681
>Is there any consistent storyline in the Zelda series?

No. They made shit up as they went along. As a kid Nintendo Power confirmed there were different... what the fuck's it called, not a trilogy if there's two, a duology? Original and Zelda 2 on NES were the same Link so 2's a sequel to 1. Then you got Link to the Past which is basically what we would now call a reboot, totally ignores the first two games, and has a sequel in Link's Awakening. Then OoT came out and ignores all the previous games and is in a lot of ways just a 3D remake of LttP but with less depth and has its own sequel, Majora's Mask. Wind Waker reboots the series again and had some shitty sequels on the DS. I'm pretty sure the Oracle games are just related to each other and stand alone otherwise, not connected to Link's Awakening or LttP but who fucking knows at this point, lord knows Nintendo doesn't. They just put out games that were fun and didn't go back and try to half-assedly cram it all into one canon until sometime after Wind Waker or maybe even Twilight Princess when fans wouldn't stop bitching to high heaven to have some story structure. The resulting "official timeline" is a fucking joke of a mess so just ignore it and have fun with the games. Make up whatever overarching story you want that will help you enjoy the games the most.
>>
File: NoAchange.png (132KB, 349x674px) Image search: [Google]
NoAchange.png
132KB, 349x674px
My understanding from reading Reddit, and lore anon's accounts of BotW on /v/, and playing a few Zeldas myself is that they connect but the English canon always deviates slightly which led to some plotholes in BotW not fitting into the English timeline.
>>
>>4036681

LOL no the Zelda series is a mess of a storyline that needs information outside the games themselves to make any sense ( though Zelda fan tards will argue this because..well Zelda fans are fucking nuts )

Outside of direct sequels that star the same Link, the only time the Zelda storyline has ever felt consistent is going from Ocarina of Time to the Wind Waker.
>>
>>4036681
Zelda sucks
>>
File: dumbob.jpg (87KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
dumbob.jpg
87KB, 678x678px
>>4037085
>ZeLda sErIes iS a meSS oF a stOrYlinE tHat nEeds iNfoRmaTion
>thE oNLy tiMe the zEldA sTorYlinE hAs Ever feLt coNsIsTentT.

MuH Fee-Fees Guide Me To Comprehend Canon.
>>
>>4036913
>remake of lttp but with less depth

what? depth is literally the only thing it adds to the table dude.
>>
>>4037030
there is not timeline, this was confirmed. the legend aspect defines this as a legend. the timeline does not exist. each is an independent story.
>>
File: dumbob.png (745KB, 1012x651px) Image search: [Google]
dumbob.png
745KB, 1012x651px
>>4037128
>tHeRe Is NoT TimEliNe, tHis Was cOnFirMed.

And Jumpman is not Mario, and the original Donkey Kong is not Cranky.
>>
File: 1493466849803.png (521KB, 788x739px) Image search: [Google]
1493466849803.png
521KB, 788x739px
>>4037114
>>4037140
funi twitter memes xd
>>
>>4037030

I have no clue what this person is talking about but it definitely sounds like some made up Zelda fan conspiracy shit

.>>4037148
Basically the internet's equivalent of repeating something back in a mocking voice like a 10 year old.
>>
Christ almighty what a shit filled thread

OP the games will have nods to each other but for the most part you can play them in whatever order. I would recommend playing Ocarina before the other 3D games though, as oot is a pretty big part of the lore in most of them.

Also play Link to the Past before Link Between Worlds, and Wind Waker before the DS games.

Besides that stuff, play in whatever order you want.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.