[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Bubsy could of been a decent series if they didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Bubsy01.jpg (25KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
Bubsy01.jpg
25KB, 450x350px
Do you think Bubsy could of been a decent series if they didn't try so hard to combine Sonic speed and Mario platforming?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>4036105
>could of
>>
No.
>>
>>4036105
Maybe. The 2nd game is not really as good as the first, they added a lot more stuff but it lost a lot of the platforming charm.
The 3D game was just terrible and killed the series, they should have done like Rayman instead.
>>
Bubsy is great, it only got a bad rep due to youtube e-celeb shitters.
>>
>>4036117
No... no it wasn't great. My brother got it for his birthday on release and it was always a piece of crap. There's no excuse to have such a fast-moving character with such bizarre momentum in a game where not only one hit from an enemy kills you, but you take fall damage too. There are simply too many situations where you find yourself dead from clipping something you shouldn't and it being completely out of your control.
>>
>>4036123
>but you take fall damage too.
You can glide with X.
>>
>>4036123
You're not FORCED to go fast, if you can't take the speed, take it slow.
>>
>>4036127
Why the fuck can a cat glide.
>>
>>4036127
can't glide when coming off the water slides so you just die.
>>
>jump forward
>try to control where you land with the d-pad
>let go of it
>Bubsy returns to his original sideways speed
>>
>>4036162
All water slides end off in safe locations. Don't blame the game when it's just you that sucks.
>>
>>4036123
You can float. In flat you should usually float every time you jump unless you are bouncing on enemies you can see.
Enemies also don't come back after you kill them, so you really should only be running full speed in an area if you know everything is dead.

It's difficulty starts off hard then moves to very hard after the 2nd area though. A good challenge is fun though.
>>
File: Q8JuEowA.jpg (24KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Q8JuEowA.jpg
24KB, 256x256px
>>4036105
Bubsy was a good game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09MzaJVH5b4
>>
>WAAAH The game kills me when I go fast
Then don't go fast, you fucking moron.
You're the type of retard that unskippable hand holding tutorials were designed for.
>>
>>4036189
See this isn't a game like Mario where you have a run button.

Bubsy just moves really fucking fast. All the time. Period.
>>
>>4036202
Just tap forward, you dumb nigger. Release the fucking dpad every once in a while to maintain an acceptable pace.
>>
>>4036189

In Bubsy, that means gingerly tapping the forward button.
>>
>>4036202
Holy shit you're stupid. Don't just hold forward like you're finger is glued to the dpad, release that shit a bit once in a while to pace yourself. I could figure this out when I was like 6.
>>
>>4036209
You don't even need to tap like micro dodging in a shmup, just let go off the direction for a bit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSkSqtgmBrM
This is how you play bubsy you fucking mongrels, if your not sure where you're going just pace yourself
>>
I liked Bubsy as a kid. I doubt it could've been made into a decent series. It was best as a one-off.
>>
MORE LIKE A BRIDGE TOO SHORT
>>
>>4036107
came here to post this
>>
File: tmp_24156-NPxT2D51607115287.png (757KB, 609x457px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24156-NPxT2D51607115287.png
757KB, 609x457px
>>4036105
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=09MzaJVH5b4
>>
>>4036105
i remember liking 1 and 2 because of all the contextual animations. that wasn't really common back then.

it wasn't terrible, I think the devs just tried to bite off more than it could chew and didn't have a chance to make all the bits work together very good.
>>
>>4036453
LEGENDARY!
>>
>>4036453
Uli should make a new bubsy game after he never finishes platform masters
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.