[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's too much negativity on this board, especially "what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Bad_Day_on_the_Midway_Coverart.png (161KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Bad_Day_on_the_Midway_Coverart.png
161KB, 256x256px
There's too much negativity on this board, especially "what went wrong?" threads. Let's have a positive thread for once /vr/.

What do you think about Attack of the Mutant? I know it's a kids game but it's hilarious in the way the characters act and the cutscenes themselves. The only games that I can think of that are similar to this are Normality and Bad Day on the Midday. Can we talk about these games? I found the last one to be especially horrific.
>>
>>4032169
>especially "what went wrong?"
Those threads are just shitposts and they're only spammed because they get attention from people and thanks to you making a thread with the opening post mentioning them in a bad way we're going to get more.
>>
>>4032169
I remember bad day at the midway, pretty interesting game. The art direction is pretty bizarre and the game is pretty unnerving honestly. The concept of switching between each character's perspective was cool.
>>
>>4032169
I had Attack of the Mutant as a kid and loved it, not sure how you can compare it to Bad Day on the Midway, which I briefly played as an adult and yes found horrific. Normality is good, you say? Maybe I will try.
>>
>>4032181
>The art direction is pretty bizarre and the game is pretty unnerving honestly.

Well it is by The Residents so that's par for the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDVXlEG-_I
>>
File: Berenice.jpg (71KB, 636x475px) Image search: [Google]
Berenice.jpg
71KB, 636x475px
>>4032169

The Dark Eye is also pretty infamous for how eerie it is. I think both Mid Way and Dark Eye were developed (at least released) by Inscape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05EjOaha-xk

A real shame, since they weren't afraid to do a lot of weird shit. I wouldn't necessarily call them "adventure games," but I wish I could see a similar level of tone and risk in other games.
>>
>>4032250
It's similar to Attack of the Mutant, but less streamlined. Also the story is less wacky but coherent. Atleast, compared to the other title.

>>4032287
I like the message they have in their music. It's like telling a story. Too bad the music isn't great.
>>
>>4033997

Not that guy, but I'm personally a fan of their music just for how weird and different it is. It's not necessarily "good" music, but it does have this weird atmosphere to it that I find appealing.
>>
>>4033997
>Too bad the music isn't great.
To be fair a lot of it is multimedia stuff so just listening to the music on its own won't do it justice. That being said they have made great albums that stand on their own merit such as God in Three Persons.
>>
Has anyone played Drowned God? I believe it's by the same publisher as The Residents game. Back story of the creator stabbing his wife and himself is cray
>>
>>4032169
Is this game actually good? I haven't played it but the residents as musicians are pure mad genius, so I'd expect it to be at least memorable even though they weren't exactly proficient in game design
>>
>>4034846
It's slightly artistic and ambitious. You'll probably get stuck as in any other game similar to this at the time but it's interesting. The game itself feels just like their music videos which are both imaginative yet creepy
>>
File: 1495317921843.jpg (125KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495317921843.jpg
125KB, 540x540px
>>4034846
>>4035129

The style reminded me of the edutainment games designed for toddlers, where you really just blunder around an unpredictable interactive environment and occasionally watch a nice video presentation that tells a "story."

Expect a lot of dark humor and don't expect any of the characters you meet to have happy endings and you'll probably be fine without a guide. If you want to get all the different endings, then you'll definitely want to use a walkthrough to make it easier on yourself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.