[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best SOTN version? I want to start this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_4261-images(46)1151726131.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4261-images(46)1151726131.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
What's the best SOTN version? I want to start this game but I have the following choices: PS, Saturn, PSP Dracula X bonus and XBLA. Wich one with provide me the best experience?
>>
they all acceptable, bra.
saturn has the secret garden and kung fu maria
psp/360/ps3 has rondo maria and a new writing and voice work
the rest of the additions frankly don't matter
>>
Saturn is also full of lag and bad loading times. There is nothing wrong with the Playstation original.
>>
Maria mode is so short and easy I honestly don't see what the fuzz is all about.
>>
>>4030306
Which Maria mode? She plays totally different between the Saturn and PSP versions.
>>
https://youtu.be/MSaFln_q3zs
This song actually IS in the Japanese Playstation version it was just omitted from the US release for some dumb reason. It got remade with English vocals for the psp version.
>>
>>4030307
They are both short and easy. Saturn is easier I guess.
>>
Real answer: you've got to play them all
>>
>>4030301

How does playing PSX disc SOTN on PS3 affect gameplay/graphics and stuff?
>>
>>4030302
>psp/360/ps3 has rondo maria and a new writing and voice work
PSP is different from 360/PS3.
360 and PS3 is just the PS1 version, I think the only difference is that the ending theme is a song from lament of innocence or something.
PSP has Rondo Maria, the cut familiars from the japanese version, and the option to play in japanese with subtitles, as well as a completely new ending track composed by Michiru Yamane exclusively for this version, not found in either the original PS1 version, Saturn, or the PS360 versions.
>>
>>4030365
PS3 will output it in 480p instead of its native resolution. If you're not playing on a CRT display this won't matter, but if you are the graphics will look significantly worse compared to playing on a PS1 or 2.
>>
Are the versions of SoTN and Rondo included with the PSP remake using a proprietary emulator or are they actual ports?
>>
>>4031007
The only reason to play Dracula X Chronicles is for the remake of Rondo. SotN is best played on the PlayStation.
>>
>>4031007
They did many changes to the controls and gameplay so it's probably an actual port.
>>
>>4030629
The 360 version has the different ending theme and I think cuts the terrible CGI cutscenes because early XBLA filesize restrictions. The PS3 version is literally just the PS1 version being emulated.
>>
>>4031020
PSP SOTN has more content than the PS1 version.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.