[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to play some obscure strategy games (be it RTS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: dune-2000-full-disc-pc-49764.jpg (4KB, 96x120px) Image search: [Google]
dune-2000-full-disc-pc-49764.jpg
4KB, 96x120px
I'd like to play some obscure strategy games (be it RTS or TBS) with (at least comparably) good or interesting story, from the late 90s.

What would you recommend?
>>
Seven Kingdoms II is worth a playthrough, the game tried to do a completely randomly generated story campaign which is fascinating if somewhat nonsensical to follow.
>>
Myth: The Fallen Lords
The Tone Rebellion
>>
>>4029923
Ground Control
its resource-less RTS with tanks in desert maps
>>
>>4029923
Outlive
RTS, has an atmosphere like like CnC Tiberium Sun
>>
>>4029923
Kohan has an okay story, with squad based battles and RPG elements.
>>
Onimod Land obscure enough?
>>
>>4029923
Total annihilation: kingdoms and expansion Iron plague. Game had a lot of shit from the fans of the original, mainly because of fantasy setting, but was really fun to play and had a great story.
>>
>>4030356
Seconding Myth for the story

Warhammer: Dark Omen
>>
>>4030356
is myth really obscure? 1 and 2 are definitely worth playing
>>
theres 2 or so star wars RTS's that look decent if youre into that.
Tzar really cool game with some interesting designs and massive campaign with hero units
Metal fantigue great RTS where you can build your own mechs with different parts
Warrior kings, dont really remember much but i liked it
>>
Probably not exactly what you're asking for, but Horde: Northern Wind has an open-world campaign where you can move freely between maps with a single fixed objective.
>>
You need The Settlers.
>>
File: dune2000.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dune2000.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
>>4029923
>Dune 2000

God I loved this game, spent countless hours playing it in my early teens.

Kinda want to play it again now but I'm afraid it wont be as good as I remember
>>
>>4029923
Conquest: Frontier Wars
>>
>>4029923
read the book faggot
>>
>>4035245
This. Underrated gem.
>>
>>4029923
Warwind (Warcraft 2 clone)
Rage of Mages
>>
File: sword of aragon.png (211KB, 327x491px) Image search: [Google]
sword of aragon.png
211KB, 327x491px
>>4029923
Sword of Aragon, late 80s TBS/fantasy RPG if you wanna go seriously retro. But it really is an overlooked gem.
Emperor of the Fading Suns if you want something Civ1 like but larger in scope. Too bad it's sort of unfinished and the mods afaik don't actually fix shit. Still worth it to explore the game tho.
>>
>>4035856
> from the late 90s
welp, not from the late 80s I guess.
>>
>>4029923
Check out Warzone 2100. They released the source code a while backso you can play it free on PC. It was also released as a ps1 game if you prefer that route.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.