[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth my money? I've emulated the game and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Silenthillpal.jpg (48KB, 250x254px) Image search: [Google]
Silenthillpal.jpg
48KB, 250x254px
Is it worth my money? I've emulated the game and I don't find it anything special after a couple of hours.
I also remember the mixed reviews when the game came out.
>>
>>4029180
>I've emulated the game and I don't find it anything special after a couple of hours.
Sounds like you've already made your decision, then. Thread over.
>>
Resident Evil clone done in full 3D environments and with multiple endings. If you're into that sort of thing it's pretty good.
>>
Legendary atmosphere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEUS4uh4c4Y
>>
>>4029180
Go on youtube and marathon the first10 minutes of gameplay
>>
>>4029182
>Resident Evil clone
They don't play the same at all, though.
Also this>>4029181
>>
File: help.gif (460KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
460KB, 500x375px
>>4029180
I don't think it's anyone's job here to sell you a game and if you're fine with emulation why bother buying it?
>>
>>4029192
>They don't play the same at all, though.
They both survival horrors with tank controls, Tim.
>>
>>4029181
I'm a collector but I'm not sure of owning a game that I'm not planning on playing.
>>
>>4029195
I don't see the point of collecting games you never played in your childhood or developed an emotional bond with.
>>
>>4029192
Both of them have light adventure elements and require you to solve puzzles in order to progress, Tim.
>>
>>4029180
It's a genuine greatest game ever made material.
You don't deserve it OP.
>>
>>4029197
Or just with no intention of playing.
Why not collect stamps instead?
>>
>>4029197
I wanted the game as a child, but the other games I bought for this reason where fun. I'm not sure about this one.
>>
>>4029201
LOL what a ripoff.
>>
>>4029212
Honestly it's not worth it. It was considered ground breaking at the time because of the fmv movies but now it's aged like milk. The dubbing is awkward, the story is simple and forgettable and the combat sucks a million dicks but survival horrors are supposed to control badly on purpose because it aids the feeling of hopelessness or some shit.
>>
>>4029215
Are you retarded?
>>
>>4029180
It's one of the scariest games to play period. Great Story that launched a franchise.
>>
>>4029182
>Resident Evil
oh you mean that Alone In The Dark Clone?
>>
>>4029360
Cute, but Alone in the Dark 1 had no combat
>>
>>4029365
you better be pretending to be retarded
>>
>>4029180
it's not really that great compared to SH2; if you're gonna buy a Silent Hill game it should be that one
>>
>>4029180
>is it worth the money

how much is it where you are? its pretty inexpensive everywhere i see it. i got a basically new copy for 30 bucks. love the series. have you tried 2?
>>
>>4029215
the japanese designer didnt know anything about america or Caucasians so he used american movies as examples.
>>
>>4029360
More like Sweet Home, faggot.
>>
>>4030665
right, that game that plays nothing like RE but mikami uses to cover his tracks
sure
>>
>>4029180
t. fucking pleb.
>>
>>4029182
Silent Hill > Resident Evil
>>
>>4029221
>The dubbing is awkward
That's kinda the point. It's supposed to give off an eerie vibe, kinda like a dream.

>the story is simple and forgettable
A game with multiple endings has a simple story? Ok...

>combat sucks a million dicks
you clearly haven't played RE, then. It's much worse. I never had a problem with SH control scheme.

>survival horrors are supposed to control badly on purpose
be you're thinking of Clock Tower.
>>
File: 38zcw.jpg (56KB, 871x651px) Image search: [Google]
38zcw.jpg
56KB, 871x651px
>>4030175
35-40 euros. I did tried it, but I'm not in love with the gameplay.

>>4029502
Tell me a survivial horror game that is as good or better than SH2? I don't find that fair.

>>4030897
I really love both.
>>
>>4029502
I disagree.
Silent Hill 2 is good, but as an overall experience it pales in comparison to the atmosphere and all of the little details the original has to offer.
2 being the begin and end all game in the series is a meme I've never really got.
>>
>>4030665
Try War of the Dead, retard.
>>
>>4031942
I agree with you, I remember getting the SH1 demo disc in a copy of PSM(which I still own) and falling in love with it, while I enjoy 2, 1 will always be better IMO
>>4031919
Id argue SH1, Haunting ground, and rule of rose as better horror games.
>>
>>4031942
I like the atmosphere, the music and even the graphics of the original. But the puzzles and the combat are not that great.

>>4031972
>Id argue SH1, Haunting ground, and rule of rose as better horror games.
OP here. I don't have a 100 euros for Rule of Rose, I will watch a let's play some day in the future.
I own a copy of Haunting Grounds and beat it when it came out. I didn't saw anything special, maybe I should revisit the game. (I didn't like Code Veronica when it came out but now I adore it.)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.