[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize nothing like this game will ever be made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: clive-elza.jpg (65KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
clive-elza.jpg
65KB, 320x240px
>tfw you realize nothing like this game will ever be made again.
feels bad man
>>
What game is that?
>>
>>4028841
Suikoden 2
>>
Didn't they make a bunch of Suikoden sequels on PS2 and they all sucked? Be careful what you wishe for.
>>
>>4028872
They don't make them like they used to. OPs point still stands.
>>
>>4028817
listening to it's soundtrack, and seeing it's character design, you realize just how much of a mammoth effort konami was putting into this franchise. Small sequences had dedicated music riffs (those who eat must work). Designing 108 recruitable characters along with all the other actors on the stage is a huge undertaking. As graphical fidelity increases that becomes impossible.

Finally there was also a huge amount of diversity in the game, but because of the number of characters they had to work very hard to create distinct personalities for each one. There was no generic fiery anime girl, since there had to be like 3 or 4 of them per game. so each one was slightly shaded different.
>>
>>4028817
Ironically that pic is the only thing I hate about the game.
>>
>>4028817

So many games yet i'm still on the snes (and most of the rpgs i wanted to play on the nes got remakes anyway).
>>
File: nikea concept.jpg (70KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
nikea concept.jpg
70KB, 800x601px
>>4028872
it must have been kind of hard to keep thiings interesting.
i liked V though, had some top class waifus.
still ended before i realized what was going on like the other games.
>>
How do I get into Suikoden?
I heard a few times that Suikoden 1 has a "bad translation" or something, there's a alternative patch/port? Is Suikoden 2 translation fine the way it is? Are Suikoden 3~5 (non-retro) worth playing?
>>
>>4028958
The scene itself, or the fact you have to rush the game to get it?
>>
>>4029013
The rushing part. Also the fact that we get that faggot Clive instead of Elza.
>>
>>4028872
whydoyousaythatwewontknowifwedonttry
>>
>>4028817
this is cool
>>
>>4029092
That looks so girly and lame. What the fuck happened to Japan in the 2000s?
>>
>>4029123
Too much radiation got to their heads.
>>
>>4029135
You know theres more radiation in murica cos ya dumb fucks kept testing bombs out on yourselves?
>>
>>4029146
That explains the current generation of numales.
>>
>>4028872
Suikoden 3 was ok. The series has always been pretty easy and only worth it for the plot and characters which is a lot more grounded than Final Fantasy.
>>
>>4029154
yeah exactly. The world was pretty engaging. I enjoyed the combat for what it was, the combat is nice and fast since all the characters can attack at once
>>
>>4029003
Suikoden 1+2 are both easy-peasy, relatively short jrpgs, with basic mechanics. They're super simple to get into.
PAL version of S2 has some bug fixes, but nothing worth worrying over, and the scripts aren't exactly stellar, so no patch short of a rewrite could fix the writing.
>>
File: seneca 3.jpg (14KB, 290x499px) Image search: [Google]
seneca 3.jpg
14KB, 290x499px
>>4029154

3's biggest problem was that it kept reminding us of a better story we should be playing instead

4 was shit

5 was really good

Tactics was really goddamn good
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.