[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play Final Fantasy VII now if I never played it before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

Should I play Final Fantasy VII now if I never played it before or just wait for the remake?
>>
>>4027963
The remake will be qte trash combat much like kingdom hearts.

The original is still the original.
>>
translation is shit.
>>
>>4027963
Remake is going to suck, play the original. Playstation, PC, or PSP.
>>
>>4027963
You should play it for the blocky character designs when you're not in battle because they're actually really charming to watch act out dramatic sequences.
>>
It's a fun game, only use a guide after you've beaten it.

Actually, use a guide to figure out how to get Yuffie because there is no rhyme or reason to it.
>>
>>4027963
never played it till like 2 weeks ago. love it. i say go for it. i never was a JRPG fan growing up so i didnt grow up with memories of this like a lot of people.
>>
>>4027963
Play both, original first. Might as well, it'll be a while still before all 3 parts are out. FF7 is pretty linear as far as rpgs go. It's not a long game.

I'm excited for the remake, turn based combat is old and tired and needs to go to sleep.
>>
It's worth playing just for the OST
>>
>>4027963
The remake is going to be a radically different game, far moreso than a standard FF remake, even. If you want to play the game that actually matters then of course you'll play the original. There's no sense in waiting for the remake, it's not the same game in any way, and you'll never be able to understand what the fuss about FF7 is by playing it.
>>
>>4027964

Xenogears starts out good and then spirals into an annoying religion pandering bible game
>>
>>4027965
>qte trash combat much like kingdom hearts.

This is why I like the original Kingdom Hearts. Everyone calls me crazy.
>>
>>4027965
Kingdom Hearts gameplay is literally flawless, I don't know where you got that qte garbage stuff from but thats one really hot steaming opinion you got there my friend.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>4028392
Not sure why you kids try to ignore QTE trash. Like you think if you ignore it then it's good? Idk but you're not the first person I've seen to say Kingdom Hearts series has no QTE. I'm not sure to attribute to underage or just cancer.
>>
>>4027963
Only if you can stomach the horribly outdated graphics.
>>
>>4028392
Not him, but Kingdom Hearts 2 is the main offender here. Outside of a very few boss battles (mostly optional ones), it's literally Press Triangle To Win.
>>
File: wtf_mister.jpg (156KB, 492x460px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_mister.jpg
156KB, 492x460px
>>4028358

>Xenogears starts out good and then spirals into an annoying religion pandering bible game
>>
>>4027964
So just regular FF7 except even more tedious and up its own ass?
>>
>>4027963
Of course. The remake won't be out for years so you have all the time in the world to play the original. Also make sure you purchase a retail copy or download it from the PSN store, avoid the DRM-ridden Steam port like the plague.
>>
>>4027963
>wait for the remake?

Depends, how long are you willing to wait pham?
>>
File: Legend_of_Legaia_Coverart.png (123KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Legaia_Coverart.png
123KB, 256x256px
>>4027964
This, but Xenogears is also overrated garbage. Play this instead.
>>
>>4028594
sauce
>>
>>4028594
Yeah I don't understand what I meant by "Xenogears starts out good" either.
>>
>>4027963
Hold O through every battle, you'll do fine.
>>
Play the original. Maybe get a retranslation patch but idk if there is one
>>
>>4028398
FF7 already was QTE trash lol
>>
>>4029187
>FF7
>qte
Millennial revisionist history.
>>
>>4028615
Now this is a good game.
Also, sorry for derrailing the thread, but is any Final Fantasy from I to IV good? My brother told me to start playing since V, which is when they start having a good and memorable story. Or should I start with VI?
>>
>>4029294
4 has a more memorable story than 5 does.
>>
>>4027963

I still remember when I first saw this. I kept thinking about who I would I put on my team; of course being 7 years old I chose Cloud, Tifa, and Sephiroth. Then when I played the game I put my name as Cloud and my brothers as Barret and stuck with them.
>>
>>4029294
None of the Final Fantasy games have good stories. Playing V is a good idea though.
>>
>>4029481
Kind of related to FFV, I really wanna play the Advance version, but, the sound restoration patch sounds like the audio is going through a Rice Krispies factory. I have the GBA bios when I boot it up in mGBA and VBAM, but, nothing really alleviates the issue. Would you know anything to help fix that?
>>
>>4028358
no it doesnt, Japanese people don't know how to pander to the bible, they just think heavy catholicism is a cool aesthetic the way white people think other religions are
>>
>>4029294
1 and 3 are pretty good Nes rpgs. not as good as dq3 and 4 but still good. 2 is interesting but kinda bad
>>
>>4029508
Bad rom? Someone on /vr/ posted links to sound restored roms, look for them on warosu
>>
>>4029521
I downloaded it from Emuparadise, so it could be an issue. I'll take a look when I get home, but, if you don't mind could you please find me a link friend because I'm driving right now.
>>
>>4029354
Ok, thanks.
>>4029519
Hmm, so I should play every FF game except II...?
>>
>>4029294
FFV has the best gameplay. Story is alright, I guess.
>>
>>4029545
You don't have to. Each one is radically different from the other, so if you skip one you're not missing much.

I has customization and little to no handholding - you must explore and talk with NPCs to figure out where to go.
II is either a broken down mess or the easiest game in the franchis if you know what you're doing. Too easy to exploit the stat system, so it's difficult to enjoy in a casual playthrough.
III is Grinding: The Game. Unless you enjoy that, I'd avoid unless you're prepared for an incredibly hardcore difficulty.
IV has a memorable plot, and is a little more standardized compared to the previous games in terms of gameplay. Either the best entry or a mediocre entry in Final Fantasy depending on who you ask.
>>
>>4029748
Okay... I've played a lot of JRPGs, but I have only completed Earthbound (Mother 2), so I'm not a hardcore RPG player. I just want a fun experience.
Seems like FF IV is the way to start, then?
>>
>>4029765
FF4 and FF7 are both, in my opinion, the optimal starting points for the series. So yes, go right ahead.
>>
>>4029775
Ok. I will start with FF4, then go all the way up to 8 included, then 1-3, and finally 9. I think it's good enough. Thanks.
>>
>>4029294
Start with IV and continue onwards from there.
>>
>>4028392
>y-you can't insult what I liked as a kid
Generation Z is the worst. Don't post here.
>>
>>4027963

The remake is going to be a completely different game from a gameplay and presentation standpoint, even if it does retell the main plot of FF7.

You might as well give FF7 a try and see if you like it. If you don't you can wait for the remake.
>>
>>4028358
>missing the point completely
>being this much of a retarded faggot
>>
>>4029832
After you've had a dose of Final Fantasy, you can go back and play 1, 2, and 3 if you wish just to see what they're like. They're definitely different from the rest of the series, that's for sure.
>>
>>4030351
I heard that FF IX has references of the first games, so yeah, I'm willing to play them too.
>>
>>4027963
The remake will likely fuck up how the eco-terrorists are the good guys.

And you likely have at least a decade before the remake comes out so you have plenty of time to play the original.
>>
>>4029527
So this Anon here, I've been trying on and off since I got home from work. I've tried a few different rom sources and applying the patch to multiple versions. I didn't really get anywhere till I tried it on VBA 1.7.2. I noticed the sound was much better than on mGBA or VBAM. I thought this may be related to the declicking the emulator uses, however, I think it also may be related to the bios I'm using. I'm not really sure yet, I need to look into it more to find a better set of GBA bios since the ones on Emuparadise nor the ones on the Wiki seem to be working well.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.