[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ I'm thinking about getting a used vita as a portable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /vr/ I'm thinking about getting a used vita as a portable ps1 machine. Is that a good idea? Also any recommendations?
>>
Get a used PSP instead; its far cheaper. easier to hack and PS1 games run flawlessly on it.
>>
>>4027361
>its far cheaper
Sure
>easier to hack
Not really. The only issue is having the right firmware.
>and PS1 games run flawlessly on it.
Same as a vita

OP, get a vita if you want to play vita games. Get a PSP just for PS1 games.
>>
>>4027361
Flawlessly.. Minus the missing joystick and l2/r2.

Vita is easier to hack, if you get it below 3.60.
>>
>>4027361
vita has a second stick and multiple touchscreens to make up for the missing buttons, plus save states
>>
>>4027368
>Not really.
Not the samefag. It IS easier to hack, had multiple systems in my life, the psp is by far the easiest console to install a cfw on it. It is a matter of a minute and being able extract zip files and drag and drop content
>>
>>4027368
it's infinitely easier to hack and has zero requirements or limitations based on what kind of hardware you get be it psp 1000 2000 or 3000 are you braindead
>>
Vita memory cards cost more than a psp. You can use micro sd to duo adapters on the psp models except the pspgo which takes m2 cards. I still prefer the pspgo since it has video out and dual shock support (only model with bluetooth) and its very small
>>
>>4028593
hacking Vita if you're on the right firmware is as easy as visiting a website, then opening the email program.

Then you use an FTP program to install the homebrew market VPK and you can install PSP mode via a simple button press.

From there, you get full direct memory card access via USB.
>>
>>4027357
Good idea. Especially is you don't want to pay >9000x as much for a meme mememulation thing.

>>4028593
>had multiple systems in my short life
Thought you youglings kept up to date with your twits and front pages of teh intarwebz. It's easy.
>>
>>4027368
>Same as a vita
No it isn't. PS1 through RA on the Vita is still a work in progress, and they still have quite a few bugs in PSP mode.
>>
>>4029027
>and they still have quite a few bugs in PSP mode.
Like what?
>>
It really depends what you want to play. If the games you want to play most are on the store (and be careful about this, games availability is dependent on region for some stupid reason) then it's really great for PS1. The emulator is for the most part really nice, with little to no discernible lag and the d-pad and screen are really great.

Problem is, the cards are expensive. As are the games. It has a far better D-pad and screen than the PSP, especially if you get the OLED model.
>>
>>4029041
Some games have no audio, graphical glitches, crashes or simply don't boot.
>>
If you get a psp get a rubber grip or battery grip. Your hands will thank you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.