[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /vr/ Can somebody redGill me on the different Street Fighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: welcome-to-your-death.gif (290KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-your-death.gif
290KB, 640x640px
Hey, /vr/ Can somebody redGill me on the different Street Fighter III versions?

I just got the Third Strike DC port, but I hear the first two ones are worth playing as well. What are the pros and cons of each version?
>>
just different variations of shit
>>
>>4027089
This >>4027092
But at least the music and graphics where better on the first two versions.
>>
If anyone talks about how amazing and "godlike" 3rd strike was, I can guarantee that they are full of shit. NO ONE was playing 3 stateside back in the day. It was all about marvel.
>>
>>4027123
>NO ONE was playing 3 stateside back in the day. It was all about marvel.

Not even close. They attracted different groups. Typically retarded /vr/ fighting games talk though.
>>
>>4027123
Americans are dumb and ill-informed, what else is new
>>
>>4027123
This

everyone was playing Alpha 3 instead
>>
The first two are only worth playing for deep LORE
Second Impact is simply an upgrade to New Generation. Second Impact does have Shin Akuma though, which even 3S doesn't
>>
>>4027089
>I hear the first two ones are worth playing as well

They're not.
>>
>>4027176
kill yourself you faggot smug euro cunt
I hope Muhammad in his pals burn your continent to the ground.
>>
>>4028081
I think you just proved his point...
>>
File: sf3-2nd-w2.jpg (38KB, 331x280px) Image search: [Google]
sf3-2nd-w2.jpg
38KB, 331x280px
>>4027089

3rd strike is the best versus game ever, not necessarily the DC version... but still the finest hour in versus gameplay. It's Street Fighter tweaked to perfection.

Street Fighter III: New Generation: game play wise it feels a little stiff and slow. Parries aren't as fluid as in 3rd strike. Still its a beautiful game, large sprites, luscious backgrounds, GET IT.

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, introduces HUGO, GET IT. But seriously 2nd impact plays a little better while its still somewhat slow and unpolished compared to 3rd strike. Still its great fun against someone who knows what he is doing.

Whenever it comes to fighting games ignore the opinionated amerifats on here, they are mostly FULL OF SHIT.
>>
>>4027193
>>4027176
>>4027169
He's right. 3 only became a meme recently, kiddos.
>>
>>4028639
Hardly. We all know Islam is taking over Europe. Europe is committing cultural suicide.
>>
>>4028703
>Doubling down on the racist bigoted bullshit

Really not helping your case any there, Jim Bob.
>>
File: elenaqjn3ro1_250.gif (17KB, 216x161px) Image search: [Google]
elenaqjn3ro1_250.gif
17KB, 216x161px
>>4028701
Hardly recently. It gained popularity with each version, the way SF usually works. But it attracted a different crowd from Marvel's more twitchy gameplay.
>>
>>4028740

Your attitude is why they will win you retard
>>
>>4028740

Islam isnt a race. Enjoy the slow death of Europe and the rise of your Islamic masters
>>
File: Toronto.jpg (292KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Toronto.jpg
292KB, 1920x800px
>>4028860
Bigotry needs to be called out for what it is now more than ever.

>>4028863
I am already enjoying the benefits of a well functioning multicultural society.
>>
>>4028884

>he thinks multiculturalism is working

What reality do you live in?
>>
>>4028934
The reality where I interact with people of different cultures, ethnicities and religions every day and everyone is overwhelmingly just good decent people.
>>
>>4028939

>lying on the internet
>>
>>4027089
DC version is missing the aegis reflector unblockables and some oro combo interactions. Ps2 and Xbox ports are the better of the set if you have to play on console otherwise mame/fightcade/fba is your best option overall
>>
>>4028950
It makes me genuinely sad that you think this is lying. You will spread all the hate you possibly can, because that's what's in your heart and you're convinced everyone else must be the same. But they're not!
>>
>>4028981
Wouldn't the PS3/360 ports be best overall as far as console goes?
>>
>>4029230
I don't know about you but I find it to be an utter lagfest still on a 250Mbit line on the Ps3. I would assume Fightcade is the way to go nowadays
>>
>>4029281
I still prefer the console ports, though. Feel more authentic, emulation is just not the same.
>>
>>4029291
When it comes down to the difference between a good online experience where you can play many different opponents and a shitty one where you're stuck just fighting AI, the loss of a bit of perceived authenticity is well worth it.
>>
>>4028991
Im not the one spreading hate. Non european natives are.
>>
>>4027123
>>4027176
Not even Japan cared about SF III prior to 3rd Strike. New Generation was outperformed by Vampire Savior and 2nd Impact was outperformed by Alpha 3.
t. I looked up the Gamest awards and posted their results here.
https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S2321710
>>
>>4029295
It's just not the same, man. Emulators are cold.
>>
>>4029291
If it makes you feel any better the PS3 version is literally just emulation with some fancy window dressing.
>>
>>4027089
PS2 3rd Strike is closest to Arcade version (it just runs a little faster, so its harder to hit confirm)

DC version is bad, unless you're a casual and don't care and just play single player

New Gen and Double Impact don't have communities that play them, they are dead games because of Third Strike. Although, I guess they are interesting if you're a casual singleplayer guy. But there are less characters and the tiers are much different.

Sean is top tier in New Gen (not kidding)
>>
>>4029568
>It's just not the same, man. Emulators are cold.

What exactly do you mean though? How are they cold? Are you playing a game to feel warm?
>>
>>4030692
Stop wasting your time, that guy's an emulation-contrarian just for the sake of it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.