[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best handheld for emulating NES/Genesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: nintendo_ds_lite.jpg (27KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_ds_lite.jpg
27KB, 450x450px
What's the best handheld for emulating NES/Genesis games these days?
>>
>>4027035
GPD Win
>>
>>4027035
muh dik
>>
>>4027048
He's not joking OP. Penises are pretty good at emulation these days.
>>
>>4027035
psp or an UMPC with a controller attached.
>>
3ds because "muh pixel perfect grafx"
>>
New 3DS
>>
>>4027035
3DS
>>
>>4027035
Vita
>>
Dingoo
>>
>>4027035
N3DS and Vita
>>
>>4027035
Those two systems? Vita. 3ds might tie it.
>>
>>4027035
Id go with 3DS but only on the basis that it is Nintendo selling the games in their store thereby creating the emulation for it.

PSP emulation is good till you get to more complex games like the SNES and the major downside is control on it as it is hard to play N64 without the C buttons.
>>
>>4027041
/thread
>>
>>4027035
your phone. light comfortable and actually portable.
>>
>>4028634
And actually no hardware buttons
>>
>>4029062
Buttons are overrated, it's nothing that a touch screen can't accomplish.
>>
>>4029063
Whatever you say, hover-thumbs.
>>
>>4029063
What I noticed on phone emulators is that there is a bit of input delay, this is more noticable when you turn on vibration on input. This isn't present on none of the PSP emulators
>>
>>4029063

tactile feedback?
>>
>>4029072
Input delay is a largely a meme, though, it doesnt exist.
>>
>>4029078
I didn't know it was a meme, I said it because I noticed it when I was comparing GBA emulation to my psp, even though on phones SNES emulators are far better
>>
>>4029063
touch screen can't accomplish real buttons
>>
>>4029078
try gething 16 hit combos in mother 3 on an emulator and tell me input lag doesn't exist
>>
>>4029108
That's more of a fault of bad timing emulation, though. It has nothing to do with lag or else you would be able to adapt.
>>
>>4027035
not this
>>
>>4027041
FPBP
>>
Just hold the nes/genesis system and CRT in your arms and use a super long extension cord. How weak are you? Lift you faggot.
>>
>>4031508
>and use a super long extension cord.
>>
>>4027532
THIS IS THE ACTUAL ANSWER.

The DingooA320 is a great quality tiny little machine INTENDED for emulation. Best way to go for anything pre-psx.

[spoilers]its great for cps2 emulation too[/spoiler]
>>
>>4027035
New3Ds and PSP.
>>
>>4028420
Nintendo was never good with emulators. Even their DS emulator for Wii U was confirmed to be someone's open source project they repackaged and sold.
>>
>>4031536
Maybe if you're only dealing with the two consoles mentioned in the OP. Anything more powerful and it shits itself.
>>
>>4027524
>>4027787
>>4028401
I second the Vita on the basis of it's D-Pad alone.
>>
>>4029063
>Touchscreen
If you're b8ing
>>
Use your phone and a PS3 phone clip. If you have an IPhone then you fucked yourself there, but for a decent Android phone this method is great.
>>
Where can I buy a Dingoo?

The old GBA micro sized one
>>
>>4029063
>>4029078
lmao
>>
>>4027035
PSP, but it can't into SNES.

Android chinkpads:
If you also want SNES, MAME and old but obscure platforms - cheap sub-50$ JXD consoles do the trick.
If you aslo want PSX, N64 with some Dreamcast and more advanced MAME - ~150$ GPD XD handles that well.
If you also want old PC games, best emulators, obscure systems as well as Gamecube and some PS2 - GPD Win
>>
>>4031553
???
i cant find anything about this
>>
Any fairly recent flagship spec android phone with a decent clip on controller is going to outperform almost every stand-alone option out there with almost every emulator except for a GPD Win (and ps1 emu on a PSP, but that should go without saying.)

If you have a flagship phone made in the past 3-4 years, just buy an 8bitdo controller and an xtander, or a ps3/4 controller clip if you already own one of those.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.