[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just loved this game, so charming i almost choked when Lucia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
37KB, 480x360px
I just loved this game, so charming i almost choked when Lucia went back to Blue Star leaving poor Hiro alone though, but then came the epilogue, lovable characters and NPCs, and one of the hardest final bosses I've fighted.
That's all, also Lunar thread (just don't spoil me more about Lunar 1 i played Lunar Legends on the GBA ten years ago and now i want to play the SSC on the emulator)
>>
>>4026641
Fair warning: be prepared for people to jump in this thread and shit on Ireland, Working Designs, and the merits of direct translation vs cultural translation. Some people just have to make sure their hate is known to everyone.

On topic, you kind of spoiled yourself anyway. Playing these two games in order makes you appreciate a certain scene in EB a little more. Still, enjoy the first game, though there will be some limitations you might not enjoy, depending on which version you'll be playing.
>>
>>4026641
I want to play Lunar 1, is it worth to emulate the GBA version? From what i can see, the psx is the most complete one, but i can emulate gba on my ipad
>>
>>4026687
>GBA version?
No, it's a very abridged, very easy and dumbed down version that's missing most of the scenes from the original.
>>
>>4026687
Let's be honest here, what made Lunar was the Working Designs localization and every version other than the Playstation and Sega CD ones are gonna miss out the point entirely.
>>
>>4026687
For what i've hear and read the gba version it's like a lite version of the real game, it lacks a lot of content and that's why i want to play the complete PSX version. You can emulate PSX on a ipad and if you want the original Sega CD version just emulate it on a pc.
>>
>>4026708
>what made Lunar was the Working Designs localization
You've got to be out of your mind. I've only ever played the series in Japanese and it's one of my favorites of all time.
>>
I always like Lunar The Silver Star Story a lot better than the second one. Maybe it was actually being able to control Luna when she was in your party or the sides characters, but overall I thought it was a better experience.
>>
Its in my top 5 games of all time. Good choice and nostalgee anon.
>>
Also EB on Sega CD has a scene where Lucia is tied up and suspended from a wooden cross by the fake goddess and gahellon. Its was kinda sexy, and the scene plays out differently in the remastered complete version.
>>
>>4027231
I don't really care for the characters. Prefer stories like Lunar 2 where the characters aren't all kids.

Dark Althena is super hot though.
>>
>>4026664
>tfw nonWD'ed Sega CD versions
Comfy/10. If only they could fix the translation too. Last time I played I did in Japanese
>>
>>4026894
You're missing out on epic 90s popculture jokes, bro
>>
>>4027337
There is literally a year difference between the two main characters. Hiro was 16 in the original version and 18 in the complete version. Alex is 17. Also Kyle isn't a kid, either, and I felt that he had the best personality of the game
>>
>>4026687
>I want to play Lunar 1, is it worth to emulate the GBA version?

It's just as easy to emulate the PS1 or SCD version.
>>
>>4027607
Searching for bios and cues on a tablet is kind of a pain, doable, but a pain.
>>
>>4027612
So youre too lazy to spend a few minutes setting up an emulator to play it properly, so instead your just going to spend 30 hours playing a subpar version?
>>
>>4027621
Yeah man, if I were an overachiever I wouldn't be playing brainless animu rpgs to begin with.
>>
>>4027627
Yeah I'm sure all it is just that youre an underachiever. We all know if you really tried and actually applied yourself people would all recognize your greatness, but you just can't be bothered. You definitely aren't just generally incompetent.
>>
>>4027632
>generally incompetent.
That's generally what people say of Lunar too, surely we are a match made in heaven
>>
>>4027643
But of course I mean, if you were into putting effort into things you would probably play on real hardware anyway not on a cellphone.
>>
I like the second form of Zophar more in the PSX version and it's one of my favorite final boss designs in general. So mystical, beautiful and evil.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.