[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raspberry Pi Emulators I'm new to it all, what images

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5698.png (50KB, 511x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5698.png
50KB, 511x642px
Raspberry Pi Emulators

I'm new to it all, what images are people using?
>>
retropie
thats probably the only answer you'll get
>>
>>4023348
Ok cool,
>>
Yeah, Retropie is the predominant way to do RPi emulation. I personally enjoy the ease of it and it does what I need it to.
>>
>>4023446
Been looking into HyperPie, looks amazing
>>
I use retropie but there have been a lot of people on here talking abut retrobox? I think its called. Never used it myself they say its better I was going to try it out once I use my pi again cause everything is horrible out of date. Im using retropie currently. Don't listen to the idiots who say the raspberry pi sucks because they're too stupid to change the SNES core and play with the default one with like 100ms lag
>>
>>4023515
Yeah, I've had almost no issue with games before the PSX/N64 on my RPi3. Just some tweaks on certain games, but nothing major.
>>
>>4023536
I have a pi 2 and it works well enough too, I know some emulators are in the testing stage cause the thing is always being worked on and tweaked. Some idiot loads up one of those half done emulators then comes to /vr/ to bitch about how much the pi sucks, pisses me the fuck off. Don't get one if you don't know how to use a real computer and go back to your iphone
>>
>>4023334
installed retropie on a raspbian minimal image I was using for other shit (don't do this, just use a plain retropie image, I just didn't have an extra SD card lying around, had to fix a bunch of settings to get rid of hideous lag, disabling threaded video helped a hell of a lot)

works fine enough on a Pi 2
kind of wish it was fast enough to use Genesis Plus GX instead of PicoDrive (PicoDrive's sound emulation sucks), and trying to play Space Harrier in MAME sucks (it works, with loads of frameskip and the controls will be an eternal issue without an actual flightstick), and it's too slow to play the 32X version
haven't even bothered trying PS1 on my Pi 2, I know it's fine on my friend's Pi 3
>>
>>4023334
Pi is too weak for accurate emulations
>>
This shit is cancer

*hides thread*
>>
>>4023334
I just use Lakka which is like RetroArch optimised for Pi or something. I don't need a fancy frontend.
>>
>>4023515
All the emulators/cores on retropie are a little laggy. Not all games require lightning fast controller input though.
>>
RPi is garbage at emulation. Don't fall for the meme. Get a Wii for CRT emulation, or just build a HTPC for HD emulation.
>>
>>4023334
Funny how you retards make the same threads for years. Must suck to be (you).
>>
As someone who notices even the tiniest bit of lag, I don't understand the negative comments about Retro Pie. I had a bit of input lag, adjusted my settings on my TV and RPi accordingly, and now it's flawless.

I've tested about a hundred games on it so far, all pre-N64, and had a problem with literally two of them.
>>
What about recalbox?
>>
>>4024807
I know right, I think these are the flash cart kiddies that dis retropie. It is probably the best deal especially at $40.
>>
File: 1435773527864.jpg (163KB, 445x417px) Image search: [Google]
1435773527864.jpg
163KB, 445x417px
RetroPie is super flexible but has a bit of a learning curve
Lakka is cool but since it's raw Retroarch, it suffers from some issues like only accepting a set list of ROMs and the like.
Recalbox is basically a prettied up and preconfigured RetroPie but for some odd reason I've had issues getting it to recognize certain controllers. Might've just been the build I was using at the time though
That's the extent of my knowledge
>>
>>4024874
A wii with a broken disc drive is $15
>>
>>4023515
>I use retropie but there have been a lot of people on here talking abut retrobox? I think its called. Never used it myself they say its better I was going to try it out once I use my pi again cause everything is horrible out of date. Im using retropie currently. Don't listen to the idiots who say the raspberry pi sucks because they're too stupid to change the SNES core and play with the default one with like 100ms lag

Recalbox
>>
>>4024891
Wii emulators really aren't as good as you think they are.
>>
>>4024891
Lol the wii meme, wii struggles with n64 emulation more than raspberry pi I'm pretty sure. Can't play banjo tooie on the wii. Can play it on the pi. Plus you have dreamcast and ps1. All kinds of other shit. I think they just put out a 16 player bomberman type game in the ports. I'm not saying it's perfect. But I had problems more problems when I emulated n64 on the wii.
>>
>>4024921
Do any Dreamcast games run decent on the pi?
>>
>>4024921
My problem with the Wii is that it cannot even do 480p or 1080p videos without them being extremely compressed
>>
>>4024807
People who complain about lag on RPi use a Wii with a bluetooth controller attached to an adapter...
>>
>>4025190
Bluetooth uses radio waves. Radio waves travel at the speed of light. Is that too slow for you?
>>
>>4025236
It's more the encoding and decoding which slows things down.

Wired controllers don't tend to do that.
>>
>>4025469
Emulation tends to add that too. I've even noticed it on official re-releases of games.
>>
>>4023334
Buy a PC.
>>
>>4024914
the only particularly good one is genesis plus gx, really (which stopped being a wii-centric emulator some time ago)
>>
>>4023334
Buy an old pc. Way cheaper and easier to work with than a Rasberry Pi
>>
>>4024807
SNES is a smidge laggy on RetroPie. Other consoles are better.
>>
>>4025164
yes check the compatibility lists google dreamcast retropie. it is on the github page. The link will take you to a google docs document. It won't let me post the link on here
>>
File: DSC_0074.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0074.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Op retropi 128g enjoy ... Torent
>>
>>4025675
Pi3 is super fun as snes emu
>>
I use Raspbian and play Quake 3 or Jedi Knight on my CRT sometimes

Very cool.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.