[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my first roguelike game and I'm kind of liking it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

This is my first roguelike game and I'm kind of liking it. Shit's pretty cute and addicting although it's a pain to die and restart from the first floor of the dungeon.
What do you guys think of it? How does it fare with other roguelike?
>>
I don't know why, but for some reason, I think this thread is gonna be full of shitposts
>>
>>4022770
>roguelike
There really needs to be a better term for this when talking about games that aren't literally like Rogue. How long did it take for take for the "doom clone" term to just drop from use?

>>4022776
oh yeah, and I'm not helping
>>
>>4022876
I heard the game being described as such but am actually not sure what it means beyond a specific type of dungeon crawling.
>>
>>4022876
We should coin the term Torneko-like or Shiren-like
>>
>>4022876
>>4022893
"Mystery Dungeon" is usually used to describe them.
>>
>>4022770
I think it's pretty similar to Chunsoft's Mystery Dungeon games.

So try out Shiren, Torneko, or those Pokemon Mystery Dungeons.
>>
>>4022876
No. Rogue-like works perfect. It is what literally everyone on steam or similar calls it. Games with similar die-then-restart mechanics are always going to be called that. Doom clone hasn't worn off either, strafe just came out and is called that.
>>
>>4022972
>I think it's pretty similar to Chunsoft's Mystery Dungeon games.
It is called Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon in Japan
>>
I know this is stupid, but
>Shiroma
>Shiro Mage
>White Mage
This blew my mind
>>
>>4023080
Yeah but it's not developed by Chunsoft despite being the same brand.
>>
>>4023238
Isn't it? I thought the Wii game was the only one that wasn't developed by Chunsoft.
>>
>>4022770
It has some surprisingly complexity for a what appears to be a kids game. Still a very simple Roguelike, but it has some unique ideas.

Also I don't know where else you'll find a 2-player co-op Roguelike, so hey. It's pretty fun if you still have friends or siblings who have the attention span to not look at their phone every 5 seconds and properly play an old game with you all the way through (I don't).
>>
>>4024428
>(I don't)
Aawww
>>
I totally want to buy this game. Looks fun.
>>
>>4022876
This is what the term Roguelite described before the kids ruined the term. This exact type of game is a Roguelite.
>>
>>4026204
No it's not, you can actually save your loot in this game. It has light Rogue elements AT BEST.
>>
You kids don't know what Rogue means.
>>
>>4022770
Play Rogue it's super fun
>>
>>4022876
To be fair, I'm sure games like Heretic or Duke Nukem still qualify as Doom clones.
>>
The best way to describe these type of game is casual rogue.

I remember that this game got incredibily annoying after clearing Sid's tower.
>>
>>4023014
>It is what literally everyone on steam or similar calls it
So should it also be called an "anime game"?
>>
>>4026368
>casual rogue.
It's fitting, Final Fantasy is basically Casual Ultima anyway.
>>
>>4022770
OP I love this game. I love it so much that during my last trip to Japan I searched high and low for the original game and found it.
>>
>>4026285
I'll not argue against or for those specific games, but we can also use the term First Person Shooter and anyone will know what it means and it describes the games perfectly well.

>>4026204
"Kids" ruined and -made- the term. It only came about with the fucking early access roguelike indie retro crafting souls-like trend shit a couple years ago and it still sucks because it references a specific game almost no game under the term resembles.

that said uhh chocobo dungeon is ok. it's cute
>>
>>4026572
>>4026368
>>4026223
>>4026204
>>4022893

I'm with either Rogue-lite or Autism-trigger.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.