[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When everybody played Spyro/Crash, i have played Croc. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: Croc 2 1.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Croc 2 1.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
When everybody played Spyro/Crash, i have played Croc.
When everyone played Twisted Metal, i have played Vigilante 8.

So practically i remember PSone for it's less known games, buy yet as memorable as the hit titles at the time.

Even made a little tribute to my favorite croc, if you know familiar with a game https://youtu.be/YTs88eSI5gU

I definitely now have played all the hit titles, and love them.
But what other less known games have i missed abd should give a try?
>>
Ok, i can be way off on the popularity of this game, but here it goes.

I loved playing Army men series! Don't remember a single kid playing it though. Everyone was buy playing quake or something, but i loved burning down those plastic soldiers.

That and worms, were my favorite. Check it out.
>>
>>4017392
Croc and Vigilante 8 weren't out when everyone was playing Crash, Spyro and Twisted Metal
>>
I suck then. Completely missed out on big release titles.

I think my first ps game was resident evil, the original one.
Then i got stuck playing GTA, which made my PS a GTA playing console.
>>
>>4017691
Resident Evil was a great first game to have. None of my friends played Crash or Spyro at all we were edgy teens. Twisted Metal was THE multiplayer game for a long time, V8 was a much later game.
>>
>>4017454
Not everyone buys games at the same time. This becomes more true the further back in time you go, when games would sell for a lot longer before sales dropped off completely. Everyone playing the same games in the same weeks is a more modern thing. It's totally possible that he played Croc when his friends got into Crash and Spyro.
>>4017425
The Army Man games were extremely popular among my friend group because they were violent, but in a cartoony way that was more acceptable and that parents didn't mind, which meant we could share the game with more people. I see them in almost every used game store I visit, so they were very popular in my rea at least. I loved them at the time.
>>
>>4017840
I guess that must be why Crash, Croc and Twisted Metal didn't get any sequels.
>>
>>4017880
You've never bought or played an older game even though it already has a sequel? What are you even doing on /vr/? Games don't stop existing as they get older. Sequels create more interest in the originals, not less.
>>
>>4017890
The only time "everyone" is playing a game is when it's new. Perhaps OP meant "all my friends" and this anecdote takes place at some date in the 21st century where all the little kids are playing Playstation and whatever game they want although Twisted Metal seems odd for that. Maybe OP was just richer than his friends and got to play new releases while they were stuck with greatest hits or maybe he's just a bonafide fedora tipping contrarian.

Vigilante 8 is definitely better than Twisted Metal 3 though, especially in progressive scan on Dreamcast so that's what all my friends were playing largely because I fucking made them.
>>
>>4017392

Speaking about Twisted Metal, I always had a soft spot for its underwater cousin Critical Depth, liked it more than TM actually.
>>
File: 1409184332986.jpg (152KB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
1409184332986.jpg
152KB, 1033x798px
>>4017890
>What are you even doing on /vr/?
He's tripfagging like the retarded ingrate he is and always has been. Just move along.
>>
>>4017425

OP said less popular games not shovelware.
>>
>>4017932
I'm sorry. I should have let you know more often just how much I appreciate your posts of anime reaction images. Drop your address and I'll send you a fruit basket.
>>
File: 55542_front.jpg (75KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
55542_front.jpg
75KB, 640x468px
>>4017923
"Everyone" = "my social circle" for a kid. We knew what he meant. No need to be a dick about it.

>>4017932
>>4017959
You're both shitting up the board. No one gives a fuck who you are, so stop the ego trip.

>>4017392
OP, I had pic related instead of Mario Party. Unlike your examples, this isn't a good game. It's mostly memorable because I loved the characters. It's just good enough to scratch that itch until you can get a real Mario Party game.
>>
File: 37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-6.jpg (92KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-6.jpg
92KB, 801x601px
Another crazy blockbuster game i remember playing was Syphon Filter.

I believe it was well known, even today there are discussions if sony should bring it back for PS4.

But when i was a kid, i was the only one playing it and following the story.
>>
>>4017392
>>4017425
I used to own both the Croc games (for PC) and the Army Men games (for N64). I actually ended up picking up Croc 1 and both of the Sarge's Heroes games for PS1 when I finally picked one up (found it at Goodwill with a few other games and controllers).

I can't really get into Sarge's Heroes anymore, though, the game just... I dunno, it doesn't feel fun at all to me now. I've tried it on both PS1 and Dreamcast; maybe I need to find a copy for the 64. Air Assault/Air Attack is still fun as all hell, though.
>>
>>4018191
And while you had Syphon Filter, I got C-12 Final Resistance.
>>
>>4017959
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>4017691
I really didn't like gta on the ps1 that much. Driver was more fun
>>
>>4018305
My condolences.
>>
File: 1480311376873.jpg (15KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
1480311376873.jpg
15KB, 480x354px
>>4017923
Why do you even post here? I don't think I've ever seen anyone respond to you except to tell you to fuck off, literally 90% of the board hates you.
>>
>>4019496
It's his ego. He thinks he's improving the culture of the board by encouraging people to use tripcodes and creating recognizable personalities.
>>
>>4017392
>When everyone played Twisted Metal, i have played Vigilante 8.
Where I lived TM fans played a lot of Vigilante 8 2nd, too, and those of us who had PCs played Carmageddon.
>>
File: Future_Cop_L.A.P.D._[NTSC-U]-1.jpg (106KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
Future_Cop_L.A.P.D._[NTSC-U]-1.jpg
106KB, 600x595px
This still remains one of my favorite games from that entire generation.

I would spend hours playing the versus mode and co-op with my best friend. Apart from people who actually played with me, I've never met anyone who remembers the game (though I understand now it's got a sizeable cult following).
>>
>>4017425
I loved the Army Men games as a kid. I had most of them, even the weird PS1 ones.
>>
>>4017392
I played all those games when I was a kid, but Croc was the first game I ever owned so I played it the most and still love it. I never played Croc 2 back in the day so a few years ago I went back to play it after 100%ing the first game and honestly I was kind of disappointed. The level designs weren't nearly as good and I wasn't really impressed with the whole dialog system and weird characters showing up. It was like they were trying to be like Spyro 2 but not doing as good of a job.

As far as lesser known titles go I would recommend a look at The Unholy War. It's a neat little fighting game mixed with a strategy game. I've never seen anyone talk about it.

>>4017425
My brother and I would always play the canyon level where the tan had a big concrete pyramid and green was just a a bunch of cliffs/walls overlooking the entrance. It was fun trying to position our soldiers in just the right way to prevent each other from capturing the flag. Mortars were just hilarious to hit someone with.
>>
>>4017392
I member how PS1 had marketing slogan about 3 or 4 drastic graphical improvements .
Vigilante 8 was first game of last gen of "drastic" improvement to graphics.
And, honestly ,it looked kinda high res compared to earlier titles.
Anyone has some insight into those 3 generational leaps of graphics on ps1?
>>
>>4018191
Jesus Christ, syphoon filter looked much better than this pic,I really have to calibrate my nostalgia googles.
>>
>>4020129
damn i remember a friend having it and playing it all the time. I loved it but forgot about after since I was pretty young
>>
>>4018191
If your method of killing someone isn't with a taser until they set on fire then your not playing properly.
>>
>>4020659
I spent literal hours in the demo doing this to people. I didn't even bother renting the game as a kid because I knew I could load up on "shocking people until they catch fire and die" action from the demo.
>>
>>4017392
>croc
more like crock of shit.
>>
File: 2234887-loadedfront4zq.jpg (78KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
2234887-loadedfront4zq.jpg
78KB, 950x950px
>>4017392
Try Loaded. It's an overhead shooter, kind of like Robotron or Smash TV but instead of open arenas you have big maze-like levels. It's very over the top, enemies scream and explode in bloody chunks, there's blood everywhere and your attacks are brutally satisfying. There's various characters to choose from and power ups that kill everything on screen. It's almost cartoonish in its level of violence, kind of like Carmaggedon and the like, but the gameplay is solid and very fun.

There's also a sequel called Reloaded but I haven't played that one
>>
>>4020643
Interesting you mention that. I remember reading on the official magazine about one big graphical improvement, maybe around the time Metal Gear Solid came out. If I recall correctly it was something about Sony unlocking hidden functions of the cpu or something like that. Could just be marketing bs but I have the feeling there really was a significant improvement across various games at around the same time, too much of a coincidence for it to just be the various studios getting used to the hardware. Maybe a revision in the development kit?
>>
>>4017392
The camera in Croc makes me sick. It just flings about way too quickly.
>>
>>4017425
i remember one of these games having co op missions where you can do split screen. it was awesome.
>>
File: 51866-StarWarped.jpg (37KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
51866-StarWarped.jpg
37KB, 480x300px
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.