[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any SMSfags able to help? Phantasy Star just boots into pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (111KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
111KB, 500x388px
Any SMSfags able to help?

Phantasy Star just boots into pic related (word for word).

Y's just boots into a black screen that goes:

>beep
>beep
>beep
>boop
>beep
>beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- (recurring)

System isn't broken since my Sonic game can run. Am I missing something? I hope these 2 games aren't broken or anything.
>>
>>4013304
Did you make sure the contacts were clean?
>>
>>4013361

I cleaned them earlier with rubbing alcohol and the swabs didn't pick up much mess.

I thought maybe they were EU but apparently even EU games run fine on an american SMS so that's not the problem.
>>
Okay, I figured it out. Fuck me man.

I opened it up and the EPROM is completely missing from PS, as if it was ripped out. What a load of shit.

It's just this really tiny board with nothing on it except a "MADE IN JAPAN" brand.

There isn't even any fucking room for a battery or SRAM slot, etc. It's such bullshit.

Y's looks fine but refuses to boot.

And not even coincidentally these 2 came from the same fucking seller.
>>
File: 20170522_231424.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_231424.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Look at this bullshit.
>>
>>4013439
Fucking hell man, that sucks.

If you have no recourse to get your money back, you could always blow the updated/translated Phantasy Star onto an EEPROM and stick it on that board.
>>
That's fucking horrible. Been trying to get my hands on one. Now I'm nervous to even try
>>
File: 5235Carts.jpg (53KB, 610x450px) Image search: [Google]
5235Carts.jpg
53KB, 610x450px
>>4013439
Wow. They didn't just give you the wrong game PCB, they took the game's ROM off the fucking PCB too. Bottom of this pic is what the PS SMS PCB is supposed to look like.
>>
>>4013439
that's the rudest fucking thing I've ever seen, hot damn
Seriously, who the hell fucking pulls the ROM off a board and sells it?

Shit, what game is that board even from, anyway?
It sure doesn't look right at all.
>>
>>4013476

But I imagine the board needs to be bigger due to requiring SRAM and a battery. Not sure if this board is salvageable.

>>4013478
One thing I learned from this is if you buy something, immediately open it and test. I've done this with my SNES stuff all the time but never thought it'd be necessary with SMS.

>>4013507
>>4013616
That's just fucking ridiculous. I don't even know what my board could originally be. All it says is 1987 on it, and SEGA somewhere.
>>
>>4013963
Seeing as how the PCB doesn't even have room for a fucking logic chip, it was probably something early in the SMS's lifespan, like Black Belt.
>>
>>4013439
Yeah, making pics so badly out of focus and *sharing* them is pretty bullshit.
>>
>>4013439
Epic jewery. I lold
>>
>>4013439
Haha, what the hell? Why would anyone do that? May the seller be buttfucked by a rhino with AIDS.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.