[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Crash Bandicoot retrospectively the most under rated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1990.jpg (162KB, 637x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1990.jpg
162KB, 637x481px
Is Crash Bandicoot retrospectively the most under rated series of the 90's?
>>
File: laughworthy.gif (1001KB, 299x415px) Image search: [Google]
laughworthy.gif
1001KB, 299x415px
>>4011324
>>
>>4011334
What's funny about this senpai?
>>
>>4011335
How inaccurate it is. I even *like* this series and still think you're wrong.
>>
>>4011324
>under rated
are you retarded or did you mean to type over rated and fucked up?
>>
>>4011342
Retrospectively is the key word here.

The series was popular in the 90's but these days nobody talks about it and it's more or less forgotten. The remake of the first 3 games is going to be lit but I'm positive almost nobody is going to buy it because crash has been swept under the rug in favor of more "memorable" characters from the time.
>>
>>4011324
How underage are you? Crash was synonymous with the Playstation and 2 & 3 are among the highest rated/selling PS1 games. Crash 1 these days is even getting more positive reception due to its "old school" difficulty.
>>
>>4011351
>thinks no one talks about crash
>calls crash "underrated"
>"lit"
you must be 18+ to post on this baord
>>
>>4011441

Look when he says NOBODY he doesn't mean literally nobody. The 30 something dad gamers will buy it for themselves and their kids but it's probably not gonna do to well with the modern audience
>>
>>4011324
Overrated, if anything

Sonytard made me hate the series even more than i already did.

In a world where certain games already existed i couldn't undertand what were so great about the whole series on PS1 (CTR was great, i'll give you that)
>>
No, I actually agree with OP

Because of the mishandling of Crash post Naughtydog, people who weren't around at the time forget that the games were edgy, cool and good

I swear this board is more contrarian, smug and elitist than /lit/
>>
>>4011324

The most overrated.

Crash games are shallow trash compared to the Marios and Nights of back in the day.

Crash is more in league with stuff like Gex, Croc, Pandemonium than he ever was with Mario, way out of his league.

But most of what Naughty Dog has made is honestly way overrated.

Now, as for an actual underrated 2.5D platformer that is actually good - Klonoa.
>>
>>4011680
>edgy
>cool
>as if it were a good thing

Jesus Christ Denton. People loves to forget that being a mascot with 'titude was the worst thing that could happen to a game character.
>>
>>4011829
What are you talking about? The Sonic franchise is doing so good!
>>
Its the best platformer on the psx
>>
>>4011543
90% of his post screams underageb&, but you picked the one sentence where he almost makes sense. He's still wrong, though.
The game is going to be a budget re-release, most online gaming forums seems hyped for it, and nostalgia is huge in gaming right now. It'll do fine, like all the other "HD Collections" and "remasters" Sony and friends have put out.
It doesn't have to be a smash hit. It's designed to breathe a little life into the IP, not to be a smash-hit AAA revival.
>>
>>4011324
Crash is overrated. I like the games too, just they really are too highly praised. I need to mention this right now. Crash was doing a new perspective on Mario 1, while Nintendo was doing a new perspective on platforming games in general with Mario 64. I know partially it was how weak the ps1 was, but partially because after Crash 1, ND couldn't reinvent the series so fast. Which is why we got Jak at a later point from ND.
>>
>>4011351
No one will buy it because of the 30fps cap.
>>
>>4011845
Ape Escape > MediEvil > Evo's Space Adventures > Jersey Devil > Spyro > Croc > Gex > Crash
>>
Crash 1 and 2 are the best Sonic games.
>>
>>4012481
>Evo's Space Adventures
they are kind of like 3D sonic games.
>>
Dat fucking save system though, even worse than Donkey Kong Country
>>
>>4012603
i like it. forces you to get more play time out of it rather than collecting a couple thing for 10 minutes and then turning it off.
>>
>>4012605
>I like intentionally inconvenient design choices. It weeds out the normies.
god bless /vr/
>>
>>4011324
Not sure if trolling...
Crash was the playstation's mascot. With that said, how can one possibly begin to think it was an underrated series?
>>
>>4011324
What? The series was popular as fuck, crash 2 got 90+% from all the mags and sites.

Really?
Under rated?
>>
>>4012838
Means in the modern context. Kids and dudebros today only play cooowadoogy.
>>
>>4012873
The general audience doesn't play older games when there are yearly updates in modern day franchises.
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>4012924
Nobody plays crash anymore or knows what he is.

Its underrated nowadays while mario 64 still gets attention.
>>
>>4012931
It's not underrated, it just doesn't appeal to a massive audience.
I don't personally know of anyone who has ever played ROTK2. But that doesn't make it underrated.
>>
>>4012931
You're an actual idiot. Crash and Spyro get discussed just as much as Mario 64. Spend more time talking to gamers and less time with your head up your ass.
>>
File: upclose.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
upclose.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>4011324
Crash isn't underrated, faggot. It got sequels well into the previous console gen, was the de facto Playstation mascot and is getting a remaster next month.
>>
File: 1447284888332.jpg (10KB, 268x262px) Image search: [Google]
1447284888332.jpg
10KB, 268x262px
>>4011351
Nobody talks about it, yet there are threads nearly weekly here and on /v/ and there's even going to be a remake.

Yeah, totally forgotten series.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.