[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Japanese version of Biohazard labels Chris and Jill's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

File: easy vs hard 2.jpg (39KB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
easy vs hard 2.jpg
39KB, 716x402px
The Japanese version of Biohazard labels Chris and Jill's profiles with "easy" and "hard".

Jill is literally "easy mode".
>>
File: easy vs hard.jpg (38KB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
easy vs hard.jpg
38KB, 716x402px
>>4010935
>>
Reminds me of those Gameboy Sailor Moon games where the game asks you if you're a boy or a girl and answering girl makes the game easier.
>>
>>4010935
So Chris is hard and Jill is easy. What else is new?
>>
Chris only has 1 advantage, which is HP. I heard he was supposed to have advantages in speed and damage done, but that's not true.
So, in a sense, Jill is Easy because:
- you have more slots;
- Barry can help Jill out of hard situations (like shotgun room or Plant 42), while Chris must fend for himself most of the time;
- Jill knows Moonlight Sonata, while Chris must wait for Rebecca to remember it;
>>
I knew this already.
>>
>>4010938
she's such a qt in that low res pixel pic.
>>
>>4011114
>>4011118

We all knew this. But this is confirmation it was an intentional design choice, rather than just something that happened.
>>
>>4011117
You forgot that she has the lockpick too, so she doesn't have to find/carry keys for some of the doors as well.
>>
>>4011268
Yea, being the master of unlocking has its benefits in life.
>>
>>4011117
I did some testing a while back, and came up with this.

Normal mode:
Jill: 96 HP
Chris: 140 HP

Beginner mode:
Jill: 150 HP
Chris: 180 HP

Arrange mode:
Jill: 70 HP
Chris: 100 HP

HP values are the same in the US, but the damage you take from enemies is increased by 20%.

Enemy HP is determined randomly when you enter a room. I didn't get to test this out much, but zombie HP seems to range from 19 to 99, and Cerberus goes from 59 to about 122.

Jill's handgun does 12 damage to zombies and 27 damage to Cerberus on normal and arrange. 18 damage to zombies on beginner. Knife does 8 to zombies (14 on beginner) and 30 to Cerberus.

Chris does less damage with the handgun, but I didn't test it out all that much. 9 damage to zombies, as opposed to the 12 from Jill's handgun. The silver M92F's critical hits do 50 damage for Jill, didn't test it for Chris. Shotgun does 43 to 53 damage to zombies, depending on distance.

In RE2, Leon and Claire have the same amount of HP (200), and their handguns do the same amount of damage, despite the difference in magazine size. In the JP version of the game, damage taken from enemies is reduced when your HP falls to 120 or less. The exact damage reduction varies by attack, ranging from a 20% reduction on Hunter lunges (100 damage > 80 damage) to a 33% reduction on zombie bites (30 damage > 20 damage). I didn't have a chance to test it extensively. This low-health damage reduction was removed from the US version.
>>
>>4011301
Interesting
>>
>>4011301
>Hunter lunges

Should have been Licker. My bad.
>>
>>4011301
In RE2 and 3, one green herb heals 50 HP, a combination of two heals 100, and three combined (or a green+red) heals 200.

RE2 and 3's handguns have variable damage depending on distance, just like the shotgun in pretty much every RE.

In RE2, the handgun does 14, 15, or 16 damage per shot to zombies, doing more damage the closer you are. The knife was horribly nerfed in RE2, only doing 3 damage per swipe. The Brad zombie has a whopping 250 HP, when most zombies in RE2 don't even reach 100.

I also compiled a list of damage values vs. Nemesis in Biohazard 3. Not sure if the values are different in the US.

Nemesis HP
Easy: 600 HP, falls down at 300 HP
Hard: 800 HP, falls down at 400 HP
Nemesis' HP can't be reduced below half until he falls down. Excess damage is wasted.

Damage vs. Nemesis
Knife: 10 damage
Handgun(Normal): 15/17/19 damage (distance)
Handgun(Enhanced): 25/27/29 damage (distance)
Merc Handgun: 15/17/19 damage (distance)
Eagle 6.0: 15/17/19 damage (distance) 65 (critical hit)
Shotgun(Normal): 30/35/45 damage (distance)
Shotgun(Enhanced): 45/50/60 damage (distance)
Western Custom: 30/35/45 damage (distance)
Magnum: 65 damage
Assault Rifle: 8 damage
Grenade Launcher: 55 damage
Flame Grenade: 70 damage (direct hit) 1 damage (flames)
Acid Grenade: 65 damage
Freeze Grenade: 85 damage (direct hit) 1 damage (ice)
Mine Launcher: 5 damage (direct hit) 30 damage (explosion)
Mine L.(Homing): 40 damage (direct hit) 30 damage (explosion)
Gatling Gun: 16 damage
Rocket Launcher: 405 damage
>>
>>4011330
>Nemesis' HP can't be reduced below half until he falls down. Excess damage is wasted.

So I shouldnt shoot him while he's crouching? What about while he's getting up again?
>>
the /r9k/ memes are real
>>
>>4011336
That's fine. What I meant is if Nemesis is at 410 HP, and you hit him for say, 65, he'll be reduced to 400, and fall down.
>>
>>4011330
Thanks for all that dude.
>>
>>4010935
No, it means that Chris is literally hard, and Jill is literally easy.
>>
>>4011530

Jill makes me hard though and id love to be in a Jill sandwich.
>>
>>4011301
Where did you get those numbers from and more importantly, which version of which region did you test?

AFAIK difficulty in RE1 is a mess. Not only it differs from region, but also from release as well.

A while back I wanted to test all versions of all regions but since I didn't know a way to dig through the game code back then, it would have ended up empirical and innacurate.

>Enemy HP is determined randomly when you enter a room. I didn't get to test this out much, but zombie HP seems to range from 19 to 99, and Cerberus goes from 59 to about 122.

You're talking of the Arrange mode of Director's Cut, right? I don't believe this is the case in the original RE1

>>4011330
> Not sure if the values are different in the US.

I'm 100% convinced they are. Nemesis having more HP and Jill less in RE3, or if it's not HP that differs, it could be dmg values, but something's different for sure.

I did a knife only run of BH3 but I'd given up in RE3, because of the clocktower fight against Nemesis.

Did you have a chance to test the Nightmare difficulty of RE2? For instance they did something to zombies, each die from a random number of bullets between 1 to 35, but I don't know if it's the pistol dmg that's randomized or the zombie HP.
>>
>>4010935
This has been known since release, pal.
>>
JP version Hunter not use one hit kill to you if your lifebar not orange or red.
US version Hunter can kill you every time them want.
>>
>>4011301
Sup, Steve.
>>
>>4011840
>US version Hunter can kill you every time them want.
I think is HP related, not colour related. So you can die with Jill being green but not with Chris since he has more amount of HP.
>>
File: file.png (22KB, 251x375px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
22KB, 251x375px
>>
>>4010935
2bh when I played I played as jill first and I thought her shittier knife and less health made it harder but its kind of bullshit because the biggest part about chris is having to deal with really shitty inventory space AND needing keys and when you dont know mansion layout this is a much bigger deal, and you can still just do shit faster as jill.
>>
>>4011117
I dunno about RE1 but in REmake Chris has a much better knife as well
>>
Pretty sure this is in my non-japanese DS copy
>>
>>4010935
Just like in real life
>>
>>4012619
In REmake, Chris is easy mode.
>>
>>4011340
>girl character is even *named* as easy mode

Roasties literally btfo
>>
>>4012613
this
>>
>>4011117
Jill also
>Has the grenade launcher, while Chris is stuck with a lousy Flamethrower
>There's less enemies on her game
>She can take the shotgun early
>She can skip the Sword Key entirely, and doesn't need small keys.
>Barry helps Jill, while on Chris' game, it's him that has to help Rebecca

On REmake, the difficulty differences were a bit evened
>Chris gets a better knife, better defense items and gets more critical hits
>There's the same amount of enemies on both games
>Chris has a lighter as his personal item
>If in the original he didn't move any faster than Jill, in the remake he does
>Jill can no longer skip the Sword Key
>>
File: Chris_Live_Action.jpg (23KB, 587x398px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_Live_Action.jpg
23KB, 587x398px
>>4010935
Ever notice how Chris in the ID card looks nothing like FMV Chris?
>>
>>4011581
>Where did you get those numbers from and more importantly, which version of which region did you test?

I got the numbers by tracking damage values in Cheat Engine while the game was running on my PC. That's how I was able to find HP, damage dealt, damage taken, etc. I tested the original Biohazard first, then Biohazard Director's Cut. The HP values (for normal mode) were the same between both, and damage values seemed to be the same, as well. I did some minor testing in RE:DC, which is when I discovered that you take 20% more damage in the US release.

>You're talking of the Arrange mode of Director's Cut, right? I don't believe this is the case in the original RE1

Enemy HP is randomized when you enter a room in all versions of RE1, 2, and 3. Japan and US. In fact, it's randomized each time you enter a room, so you could enter a room, spawn a zombie with 99 HP, then leave, come back, and the zombie could have as little as 19 HP.
>>
>>4010935
Common thing back then. Princess peach was basically easy mode smb2 in usa.

That wouldnt fly post 90s
>>
>>4011581
>I'm 100% convinced they are. Nemesis having more HP and Jill less in RE3, or if it's not HP that differs, it could be dmg values, but something's different for sure.

I'll test it out one day, when I have some free time. I do know that Jill's HP is the same between the JP and US versions; you just take more damage in the US. Also, some fun stuff involving damage numbers:

Explosive canisters do 100 damage to Jill at mid-range, but 300 if you're too close, which is an instant kill (she only has 200 HP). The magnum does 600 damage to zombies. I used Cheat Engine to boost a zombie's HP into the thousands to test weapon damage. A headshot with the magnum will still decap them, but a body shot only decaps if it reduces a zombie's HP to zero (which will always happen, outside of cheating).

>Did you have a chance to test the Nightmare difficulty of RE2? For instance they did something to zombies, each die from a random number of bullets between 1 to 35, but I don't know if it's the pistol dmg that's randomized or the zombie HP.

Unfortunately, no. I haven't tried out Nightmare mode. I want to eventually, though.

>>4011941
hey bro
>>
>>4010935
So who was normal?
>>
>>4011132
Is that a render or a photo?
>>
File: B1.png (222KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
B1.png
222KB, 640x960px
>>4012956
Photos.
>>
>>4012967

"Green Vest and Collar courtesy of MS Paint"
>>
>>4011301
>>4011330
Good stuff.
>>
>>4011142
>But this is confirmation

Are you implying there wasn't confirmation before this thread was made? Get real.
>>
>>4012889
>>4012905
Nice. Now that I'm into romhacking a little, perhaps I could help. Although PS1 games are usually trouble because of compression.

You should make a FAQ of it while specifying which version (and which region of which version) you used.

So you tested Biohazard PC? I'm convinced that Resident Evil PC, unlike Resident Evil PSX, uses the original Biohazard values unchanged, but I could never prove it.

I'm also convinced some versions of some regions hold surprises as far as RE1 is concerned. You should try not only RE:DC, but RE:DC Dualshock as well, as well as RE:DC PAL version. The PAL versions as well, and the Saturn versions. I always thought the PAL Saturn version felt harder but maybe it's just me.

>Enemy HP is randomized

Not for everything right? Just zombies?
Also it could be fun to look at the code behind it to find out the % of chance behind this. What I mean is, if there are 3 different values, it's not granted each has as much change to be used
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 242x208px
Most. Useless. Thread. Ever.
>>
>>4011142

Uh, did you think that this was a mystery? Do you think that this is new information?
>>
>>4013834
>So you tested Biohazard PC?
No, the PS1 versions in an emulator.

>Not for everything right? Just zombies?
I didn't get very far with testing, but it looks like every non-boss enemy has randomly-determined HP.

And yeah, I should compile all this. I've already separated my RE1, 2, and 3 findings into separate files, but I dunno if it's really FAQ-worthy. It'll be more of an info dump than anything.

And let me tell you, finding HP values in RE2 was a bitch and a half. For whatever reason, the HP values are displayed in the data as if they were multiplied by 65536, and have a small random number added to them beyond that. RE1 is the only one that has nice, clean numbers to work with.
>>
>>4014998
>the PS1 versions in an emulator.
How does this work, which emulator?

I 'only' know NES romhacking. I know how to use the debugger, ram/rom search, and I know some 6502 ASM. Are all the data hidden behind crazy compression methods?
>>
>>4014998
>but I dunno if it's really FAQ-worthy.

You can definitely make a FAQ out of this and post it on GameFAQS, make sure your data is solid, organize it and slap a title on it like Enemy Damage Guide
>>
>>4016010
>>4014998
Wait before posting it. I want to help. I remain convinced some versions of the game in some regions hold some secret differences in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>4013908
> as opposed to useful /vr/ threads
>>
I GOT A SHOTGUN
>>
>>4010935
>>4010938
>Chris
>Hard mode
He's given more HP, so why would it be hard. Jill had less HP and better weapons because the enemies she fought were stronger. Because she had the lock pick, she had opportunity to find ammo and health from exploration. By being forced to have 6 items and no lock pick, Chris was forced to explore more ammo and able to find more herbs, which make the game easier. Try harder next time.
>>
>>4016084

THE PAIN IT HURTS, THE PAIN IT HURTS

I'LL FIGHT WITH MY DEMONS TILL THE DAY I DIE

THE PAIN IT HURTS, THE PAIN IT HURTS

NEVER BELIVE IN THE LIEEEEEE!!!
>>
What is the best version of the original RE1 (not the gamecube remake)
>>
>>4010935
Cats go meow also OP, did you know that?
>>
>>4016649
PS1 Director's Cut.
It has the auto-aim option that they removed for the western release.
I think the Director's Cut is the version on PSN.
>>
>>4016712

I always wondered why I got so many headshots on directors cut.
>>
>>4016715
The shotgun is allways a headshot if the enemy is close enough in every version of the game except in REmake.
>>
>>4016715
That's because the Beretta in arrange mode can cause random decaps.
>>
File: magnum.png (230KB, 551x418px) Image search: [Google]
magnum.png
230KB, 551x418px
>>4016725
>>4016732
Also the Magnum causes decapitation with every shot.
>>
>>4011330
I did some testing back in 2014, and Nemesis has 100 more HP in the international version and his attacks do on average 10 more points of damage. Most attacks from all enemies in general do more damage, for example zombie bites do 20 points of damage in the Jap version and 30 points otherwise.
I might post some of my research tomorrow if I remember to do it.
>>
>>4011114

Hehehehehe
>>
>>4016003
I just used ePSXe to run the games, then opened up Cheat Engine, and loaded ePSXe's process. From there, I would have it scan values, shoot a zombie, search for values that decreased, and so on until I found a match. It's simple but tedious, especially in RE2 and 3 where the values are all wonky.
>>
>>4016757
We all knew this. But this is confirmation that it's intentional that the Magnum causes headshots every time, rather than something that just happened.
>>
File: tmp_20547-images(30)1593644710.jpg (64KB, 585x524px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20547-images(30)1593644710.jpg
64KB, 585x524px
>>4016712
What about this version?
>>
>>4017415
>Port of a 1996 game not Retro

The rules permit the discussion about such ports, so fuck you
>>
>>4017413
Gimmicky
>>
>>4013908
Me on the left
>>
>>4017439
That was an unnecessarily hurtful thing to say.
>>
>>4017824
In that case 4chan clearly isn't for you.
>>
>>4017413

Great for portability but it's too easy because of the upgrades made, even in classic mode.
>>
File: tmp_14156-images(32)1851962343.jpg (23KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14156-images(32)1851962343.jpg
23KB, 554x554px
>>4017824
I do apologise for the rudeness, I just hate when I post a remaster or newer port for and old game the famous NOT RETRO pops up like Nazis finding hidden Jews, I mean people here even even mentioned the remake , Jesus sometimes just spelling a post 1999 game here is the same as saying Voldemorts name out loud in Hogwarts
>>
>>4018042
Don't apologize to outsiders.
>>
>>4018042
all of this hoopla because one anon right or wrong says two simple words

the picture painted by you is quite problematic
>>
>>4010935
>Jill is literally "easy mode".

This is literally a bump.
>>
>>4018042

Is that Jill in two costumes or did they re-use Regina to make RE3 Jill?
>>
>>4020556
That's Jill's costumes in RE3.

>>4020559
By this logic the Doom general isn't allowed on this board, OR you'd only talk about DOS / Win95 Doom and maps/mods made for it before 2000.
>>
>>4018042

Modern ports are allowed to be discussed as well, this has already been long established. Some people just really want to be an annoying shithead.
>>
>>4018042
Dude dont apologize to virtue signaling dweebs.
>>
File: lLUb55K.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lLUb55K.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>4018042
>I do apologise for the rudeness
>>
>>4017413
fixed some issues with auto reload and is still fun to play.
>>
>>4012835
Anyone else desperately wish the RE franchise would have stuck to it's b-movie parody roots and live action cut scenes?

I hate the retarded animu route it has taken and the CGI fest movies (the ones with Mila) are such wasted opportunities. They could've paid homage to Commando and Predator but no. they had to fuck that up too.
>>
>>4023483
I don't think it was a parody. If it was, Illbleed did it better.
I enjoy the Mila movies, although they are bad adaptations.
>>
>>4010935
Is that John Romero?
>>
File: zombiekicking.jpg (18KB, 338x253px) Image search: [Google]
zombiekicking.jpg
18KB, 338x253px
>>4017413
it's pretty damn decent.
has the original game and a new version with touch screen stuff.
they upgraded the character models, and it has some neat but odd little additions.
the most important thing though is that you can poke jills butt.
>>
>>4023483

No, because I've mainly played RE 1 and 4 for GameCube and both were excellent as they were. Live-action kitsch would have been worse than the story scenes in either of those games. I love my sassy Leon.

The story in the other games I've played has been boring and of course the movies are gonna be bad. Best not to expose oneself to any of those works. Capcom will never fail to over-milk a successful franchise, so you know there are going to be lesser entries in any of their series. You just have to stick with the good ones I guess. Or maybe go to Japan and try to find the CEO of Milking at Capcom and assassinate him.
>>
>>4024602
oh yeah this room.
i know there are a couple of moments like this room that have spooky events, but since i was always too cautious i usually ended up ruining them for myself.
the lack of stuff like this, files becoming less a thing in each game, and the inability to investigate random crap in the background really makes me sad how things have changed for RE
>>
>>4011114
Uhuhuhu
>>
>>4011114
Very sly, anon.
>>
>>4010935
First time REmake/RE1 player here.

I'M STUCK.

I hate asking for shit like this but it's better than just youtubing. I've exhausted all Armor key opportunities. In inventory I have Sheet Music (combined two of them), Wind Crest, Emblem, Wooden Mount and Broken Shotgun. I also have Jill's gigantic tits. I've gotten three of the death masks. Saved that Richard prick with the serum.

WHAT DO?????

Thanks.
>>
>>4028952
in the hallway with the first zombie you encounter, there should be a room at the end of the hall with a piano.
use the moonlight sonata on it.
>>
>>4028993
ah, ffs. I thought that I needed three pieces for it for some reason. alright thanks bud.
>>
>>4028997
yeah everything should fall together after that.
the wind and other crests are for an optional weapon later on so keep an eye out for the others
>>
>>4029005
cool thanks
>>
Dude playing REmake for the first time here (and haven't played RE1 before either). I'm having fun, just reached the part where the game went all Deep Blue Sea on your ass. Pretty cool.

Anyway as a kid I played through RE2 and Code Veronica, enjoyed both. Also played through RE4 a few years ago and that became my favourite one. Probably still is because I'm a more action/gameplay orientated gamer, but my god I love the atmosphere and art style of REmake. It's fucking fantastic. I'm playing through the remaster and I'm just amazed at how pretty it looks. Graphics wise this is most definitely a timeless game. The best thing about it is there's no disconnect from the 3D character you control and the prerendered 2D backdrop. It's so well made the character doesn't obnoxiously pop out of the background like its out of place (the Blade Runner video game suffers from this).

Anyway, as I really don't remember much about my RE2 or CV playthroughs from when I was a kid, it's hard to see where I rank this one among the others. However there is one definite concrete fact I've observed while playing this game, and that is that Claire > Jill. Jill has great tits but Claire is way 2 qt. And let's not forget dat ass from that one FMV clip..
>>
Jill is more fun
>>
>>4029606
JIGGLE PHYSICS
>>
>>4010935
>Jill is literally "easy mode".
OP is literally "slowpoke" and "retard" all comined into one huge "faggot".
>>
>>4029606
how? apart from the boob fizzicks.
>>
>>4029606
i don't know, she's always pretty serious.
she seems like she's married to her work.
claire is more of a good time gal.
she's a slut tho
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.