[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I run this in the current year? Amazed there's no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: SimCity_2000_Coverart.png (208KB, 282x354px) Image search: [Google]
SimCity_2000_Coverart.png
208KB, 282x354px
How do I run this in the current year? Amazed there's no word on any sort of port or reverse-engineering.

I was dumb enough to let my parents throw out my win95 PC some time in my late teens.
>>
>>4010910

https://www.gog.com/game/simcity_2000_special_edition
>>
>>4010910
What is WINE? Btw, no one has ever asked "What version of *nix do I need to run [insert game]?"
>>
>>4010950
Oh cool so the number is about the same as the amount of games developed for Linux that anyone actually cares about interesting.
>>
The DOS version runs well with DosBOX.
>>
>>4010950
instead they ask "what version of wine do I need to maybe be able to play [insert game] with an acceptable amount of odd glitches here and there?"
>>
>>4010917
This will not run on Windows 8 or higher.
>>
>>4011808
>what version of wine

The latest always works unless it's a new game.

It's pretty funny watching people try to complain about wine. It's much much better than actual windows backwards compatibility.
>>
>>4013267
That's cool, just let me install this OS that is totally useless for both my job and about half of the other shit I use my computer for just to emulate the handful of old games I can't run without a VM. Wow, awesome, I can run 5% of the things I want to run without hassle in exchange for the other 95% barely working at all.
>>
>>4013308

Your McJob isn't relevant to your OS selection.
>>
>>4011727
>DOS

that's not the superior Windows version and you know it.
>>
>>4013309
If I had a McJob I might be more open to using a ricer OS with zero support for the sake of dickwaving about how computer savvy I am but unfortunately I actually use my computer for my design job. Wild concept, I know.
>>
>>4013342

McJob, don't worry, your boss doesn't care about your computer.
>>
>>4013401
Haha, zing, wink wink, am I right?
>>
>>4010910
You need to tell us what OS you're running so that we can give you useful options.
>>
>>4010910
Play the Playstation version. It has a superior soundtrack.
>>
>>4010950
Is there a version of WINE for Windows? Everyone seems to be going on how compatibility for old stuff tends to be better than running it straight through Windows itself.
>>
>>4014332
dgvoodoo2 fixes most things already since it wraps older directx versions.
>>
Luckily, yours truly wrote the guide to getting the Windows version to work on 64 bit machines.
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SimCity_2000#Installing_on_64-bit_versions_of_Windows
>>
>>4013401
>>4013431

Both of you are fucking faggots.

Cut that shit out. It's excruciating.
>>
>>4010950
Arch
>>
>>4011819
Works fine for me.
>>
>>4010910
>I was dumb enough to let my parents throw out my win95 PC some time in my late teens.
Then buy another one then
>>
>>4010910
VirtualBox running Windows 95. I doubt you know how to pull this off if you have to ask, though.
>>
>>4017618
I'd rather exhaust my options before setting up a virtual machine just for one game.
Being able to set up a VM (ie. follow extremely basic written instructions) is a really odd thing to be smug about, by the way.
>>
>>4014331
This.
>>
>>4014331
isn't the gameplay slower
>>
>>4011819
>>4010917
it works, you just need top win95 folder from that CDROM
and a fanmade installer for new windows
https://www.weasyl.com/~oneandonly/submissions/41208/simcity-2000-installer
or just google sc2000 reg file too
>>
Try a virtual machine.
>>
File: thumbsupkid.jpg (22KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupkid.jpg
22KB, 398x500px
>>4020998
That worked, I skipped over it a while ago because I tried another installation method that just made a broken install. Looks like the game works fine without any need to run compatibility settings or anything.
>>
>>4013342

>Linux
>Ricer OS

I'm sorry, what?
>>
> DOS version
> No African Swallow speed.
Right.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.