[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cagey Inafune ruined Mega Man 8. It was his first job as Producer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Cagey frog man.gif (430KB, 347x429px) Image search: [Google]
Cagey frog man.gif
430KB, 347x429px
Cagey Inafune ruined Mega Man 8.

It was his first job as Producer after Fujiwara left. So what does he do? He hires his art protoge Hayato Kaji as director. Now Kaji is a good artist, but he has zero experience with directing. Handing off a major series like MM to some amateur is a mistake. "Directed by an artist" makes a lot of sense. He never directed another game since.

We got the blandest biggest turd of a game ever that was so bad it killed the classic franchise. It would be 11 years until they got a proper sequel. Kaji should have refused the job. Surely there was better planners or directors at Capcom. Imagine an alternate timeline where it was the classic series that excelled on the Saturn/Playstation and we got 3 solid games.
>>
So who was responsible for ruining MM7?
>>
>>4008916
Kojima... I mean Inafune...
>>
>>4008916

Even at it's worst 7 is lightyears ahead of 8.

That being said, Fujiwara was producer so he ultimately gets the blame. The rest go to the planners:

>Yoshihisa Tsuda, Ryo Miyazaki, Riccardo Cangini, Monji , Masayoshi Kurokawa

Tsuda works for Inti-Creates now.
>>
>Yet another Inafune thread
Fuck off, the thread you made in /m/ is more than enough
>>
File: megaman8-16.png (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
megaman8-16.png
18KB, 320x240px
What the hell?!

MM8 is fucking great.
It's better than 5, 6 and 7 that's for sure.

Compared to these 3, it has much better level design, much better enemy and bosses design, much better weapons, much better story. It also has a gorgeous art direction, a fun story (the only MM game in which I cared for the story) and the animated cutscenes are quality, and it's fun to explore to bind bolts.
>>
>>4008913
>We got the blandest biggest turd of a game ever that was so bad it killed the classic franchise.

That's spoken by someone who looks at the dates without remembering how things were back then.

Nobody cared about 2D anymore since the release of the PS1/Saturn. Only the most hardcore of the "hardcore gamers" did.
It's a miracle we got MM8, MMX4/5.

Also that's not even true because MM&B got released after 8.
>>
>>4011591
>>4011596

>NESfag has the most autistic and wrong opinions on everything
>>
>>4011591
>It's better than 5, 6 and 7 that's for sure.

No, it is objectively not.
>>
>>4008916
7 is the best in the series you philistine.
>>
>>4011714
>>4011814
Explain to me how much better in terms of gameplay the level and enemy design is in MM5. Also how much better the boss design is in 6.
I'd really like to know.
>>
>>4011857
>I'd really like to know.

I'd really like to know why you haven't thrown yourself off a cliff you obnoxious shit for brains.
>>
File: MM8.jpg (329KB, 770x789px) Image search: [Google]
MM8.jpg
329KB, 770x789px
>>4011591
This nigga knows whats up. He just forgot to mention that the OST is fucking stellar.
>>
>>4009180
There's an Inafune thread seemingly every other week here. Why?
>>
MM8 is definitely not the worst in the series, that probably belongs to 5. Unmemorable OST and pretty lame robot masters. I don't hate any game in the series but 5 i think is the weakest.
>>
>>4011591
Looking at this pic I remembered how pretty and smooth Megaman 8 was, it got some arcade-level production values - Just like Megaman X4.
You can see that the budget dropped hard with X5/X6/X7, it was the turning point where the franchise went from one of Capcom's top franchises to just a second-rate one.
>>
File: MM8-FlameSword-WM2-SS.png (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MM8-FlameSword-WM2-SS.png
20KB, 640x480px
>>4012016
8 and X4 are very, very much alike.

Apparently made by the same team, pretty much. According to mobygames, "35 people" worked on both, and that's only based on the given credits at mobygames.

I have a friend who doesn't like MM8's art direction because it's "lego world". I personally don't get it, I find it gorgious.
>>
File: mm8.jpg (49KB, 468x314px) Image search: [Google]
mm8.jpg
49KB, 468x314px
>>4012047
>"lego world"
Although they are probably talking about the vibrant color scheme as well.
>>
>>4008913
>blaming the producer
I hate how much everyone focuses on the producer these days.
>>
>>4012643
/v/ and /vr/ both have a schizophrenic definition of what a producer does. When it comes to Inafune the good games he made working as a producer are labeled as "the producer has nothing to do with it" when it comes to the bad ones the producer is the man guilty of everything bad.
>>
>>4012643

Who do you think hires the team? It's the producer. They're the project managers.

Who do you think was responsible for hiring Keiji Inafune's art protoge to director? It's obvious Inafune chose him because he's his friend, rather than he's a good director. He's directed nothing in the past. Capcom had tons of planners/directors to choose from.
>>
File: cut.png (95KB, 1294x970px) Image search: [Google]
cut.png
95KB, 1294x970px
This thread made me feel like replaying MM8

I'm doing a "no shop playthrough" for the initial 8 stages, that way I can collect the 40 bolts, unlock the 2nd page of the shop, with all the bolts at my disposal, and thus have a save where I can choose do play the fortress either without having bought anything, or buying whatever I want.

This game rocks. Sure, it's no MM2-3-4 in terms of gameplay, as it's a bit slow placed, but it's tons of fun.

also weapons are much better, more useful, than in 5-6-7.

and the Saturn version is great.

My only nitpick is that HP/weapon energy/rush is refilled half way through a stage, and there are too many checkpoints. As a consequence, you can play carelessly. If a romhack could fix this it'd be wonderful.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.