[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this looks legit? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yellow-Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: $_57.jpg (244KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
244KB, 1600x1062px
Does this looks legit?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yellow-Zelda-Test-Cart-/142388507555?hash=item21270433a3:g:fpYAAOSw-K9ZH45I
>>
>>4008256
I doubt a test cart would have a nice label.
>>
No. The crumpling of the label just screams "Peeled off and reapplied onto a repro orange cartridge."
>>
File: IMG_20170520_215111704.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_215111704.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
Nah. Both NES Zelda games are gold coloured. I think some are standard grey, too. None are yellow
>>
it's legit. check out the rest of the add. eBayer for nearly 15 years too.
>>
>>4008282
it's a test cartridge. They are yellow!
>>
>>4008279
The is though. The Zelda Test Cartridge, which was something owned mainly by repair facilities, was a yellow cartridge. Of course they're rare and worth a couple thousand today. But the one OP posted looks fake.
>>
Even if it was the price tops would be $1700
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nes/zelda-test-cartridge?q=zelda+test

Too risky to spend that much money on it if you're not 100% sure it's legit.
>>
>>4008289
TIL. I figured test carts were the same colour as regular ones
>>
>>4008296
the yellow is cool! I like the black FamicomBox carts better. But the most sexy cart of them all is the Asian Version of Metroid. Sweet artwork and that slightly cleaner looking shade of gray. Hnnnnnng!
>>
Theres some info on it on this guys site. its a very weird and dated site but it has some (anecdotal) and potentially valuable insight on this yellow cartridge. http://www.limbofunk.com/zelda-test-cart.html
>>
It sold! Damn son collectors have some serious cash to burn :O #Jealous
>>
"Private Listings screams fake sale by the seller intended to drive up the perceived market price of their item and/or instill in potential buyers a "second chance, better go for it" mindset when it gets magically relisted due to a NPB.
>>
File: IMG_20160806_224020.jpg (2MB, 2731x3414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160806_224020.jpg
2MB, 2731x3414px
Who got it -_- ?
>>
>>4008343
Its not really burning it, if they keep it for years these things will only become rarer and therefore more expensive so it's a long term investment.
It may not be the best way to invest money but certainly not the worst, plus if it's your hobby/passion then it's fine by me.
>>
>>4008381
Yeah but as the number of people actually growing up with the console decreases it will get harder and harder to find people who have enough interest in the console to not just emulate those games let alone pay some kind of crazy sum of money for a collectible cartridge.
Liquidating it will only get harder, the longer you keep it.
>>
File: stages_bubble.png (57KB, 720x482px) Image search: [Google]
stages_bubble.png
57KB, 720x482px
>>4008381
>It can only go up!
>>
>>4008405
Yeah no. A /biz/ graph about cryptocurrencies doesn't apply to a collectable with a finite supply.
>>
>>4008412
Once again, you are forgetting about interested as stated here:
>>4008397
It might be finite but the more of the people actually interested in the console pretty much die of the harder it will get to sell off.
Additionally -> no demand -> price dwindles

It's as if you were to put up a rock up for sale for half a million dollars because it's "unique".
Nobody will buy it because nobody gives a fuck about it. In case of the NES cart people might've cared about back in the past but not anymore.
>>
>>4008419
Well the scenario you're describing Is still decades down the line. For now, retro prices will go up
and up
and up
and up
etc
>>
>>4008440
Eh, even nowadays a considerably big part of the reason for at least normal retro games rising in prize is
the currently ongoing "retro craze" or whatever you want to call it where there's still new people getting into those old games. I can imagine once that stream of new consumers dries out and the already existing new ones lose interest (I'll go ahead and assume at least some of them will because of blind bandwagon-jumping), that'll be the first time a good amount of stuff will go down in price again as these people try to sell their games off again.
I think at least this first hurdle will not be too far off into the future.
Well, I guess this first case won't directly affect die-hard collector's items though so that's that.
>>
>>4008359
OP
>>
>>4008463
There will always be a generation to admire the ones before them, before it can cool down the kids of the correct retro craze faggots will be in the retro craze themselves

The fact that the items are rare and get only rares rises the price futher
>>
Wow I want one of these yellow carts but I'll never be able to afore it :(
>>
The Zelda franchise is still going strong so even kids today who started on BotW in the future may want these as hardcore collectors. God knows what these will go for in 20-30 years!
>>
>>4008475
Most of this shit isn't rare though. The most popular games, the one everyone wants to play again, are actually the least rare.

There's going to be the freak rare games that deserve the price like Nintendo world champions or little Sampson, but shit like earthbound or Chrono trigger going for more then $50 shouldn't be a thing when the demand is less memey
>>
>>4008256
tfw a rugrats movie plays when you start it up
>>
Judging from the other photos on the listing, specially the back label with no embossed numbers on it I say it's a legit copy. Good find.
>>
>>4008962
Rare is something that is not widely available.
Over time the amount of those thing will decrease and they will be even more rare.
>>
>>4008256
Who bought it? I want to laugh at them.
Fucking retards.
>>
>>4009364
Jealous much cuz u have no money huh?
>>
>>4008256
>it doesn't even come with the map

how is he gonna beat the game???
>>
>>4009495
My Amiga alone costs over 3000 dollars you pleb.
>>
>>4009997
oh rich man on the internet, must be true.
>>
>>4010649
>spending 3000 bux on a hobby is being rich
either you're real poor or underage
>>
>>4010838
You're the one bragging as if $3000 item is a luxury thing, Im just dumbing things down for you to understand.
>>
>>4011354
>call someone poor for no reason
>get told
>start shitposting
k
>>
>>4008256
why tf would you want a test cart anyways
>>
>>4011385
autism
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.