[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to play Final Fantasy I USA NES that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a way to play Final Fantasy I USA NES that isn't busted?

As in the spells work and the luck stat functions as intended?
>>
By getting a Final Fantasy cart and playing it on your NES?
>>
>>4005984
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_bugs
>>
Ok, What if I asked for the best version of Final Fantasy 1 to play instead?
>>
I feel the FF Origins version is the best. It retains the difficulty of the original NES version (all the ports afterwards seemed to be nerfed) but changes it so you'll automatically attack a different enemy upon defeat, instead of whiffing at the air it had recently occupied... though if you're an anal sperg purist, there's even an option to turn that back on too.
>>
You can go to romhacking.net and patch a ROM with any number of bugfixes. If you're into hex editing, you can fix them yourself. Or you could play the Origins version which is otherwise the same as the NES one, besides graphical updates and bug fixes.
>>
>>4006008
The whiffing is a good feature as it encourages the player's full attention on battles opposed to mashing A for every goblin horde.
>>
>>4006006
Then the answer would be the same, the NES version. The game mechanics being utterly broken are part of the game whether the developers intended it or not.
>>
>>4005982
Play the NES ROM with the FF Restored patch. It only fixes stat/magic bugs and leaves the whiffing intact. It's really quite good, and comes with options to disable individual changes.
>>
>>4005982

Sup Keeg?
>>
>>4006006
Either the Famicom version or the PSP version, depending on what you want.

The iPhone version is the same as the PSP version but with poorly compressed music and some leveling glitch.
>>
>>4005982

download Final Fantasy Restored.
>>
File: IMG_0287.png (106KB, 662x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0287.png
106KB, 662x594px
>>4006113

>wanting to be forced to provide your full attention for every random battle
>>
>>4005982
Good timing, OP.

Having realized that I have never beaten FF1, I've decided recently that I want to play it. I'm going to just go with the original NES version unless you guys tell me that one of the later ports is superior
>>
>>4006557
FF Origins for PS1
>>
>>4006242
Psp version has shit graphics
>>
What about Dawn Of Souls?
I heard the difficulty overall is easier and anybody can use heal? So white mages are useless

and last question:
FF2,4,5 on the GBA. They good?
>>
>>4006557
I prefer the PSP for both 1 and 2. I don't care what others say, those ones are the ones that worked for me when I wanted to replay them back in 09/10.
>>
>>4007278
FF1 for the GBA is piss easy because they replaced the charge based magic system with MP, fixed spells like Temper, included autotargeting (there may be more changes idk)
FF2 was made easier, but the original was also easy if you knew what you were doing (or incredibly difficult if you didn't)
they removed stat decreasing, increased weapon/spell level gain and let you save anywhere (even in dungeons)
FF4 GBA has more content and lets you switch characters, but it's so full of bugs you're better off sticking to the SNES/PSP version or the DS one for the challenge
5 seems to be ok
>>
>>4006446
this shit. drives me up a wall. was playing final fantasy 4 advance the other day and every few steps i kept running into a random enemy.
>>
>>4007278
Any class can heal in any version of the game with the heal staff. Dawn of Souls just adds an item that can also cast heal2/healara, but that's not until the game's final bonus dungeon and by that point the damage output of enemies is high enough that you'd still want a White Mage.
>>
>>4005982
Wonderswan is a port of FF1 with updated graphics.
it has fixed spells, looks like a slightly worse GBA version, but it's difficulty matches NES

Other than that Patches and/or mods
>>
>>4005982
What you're probably looking for is Final Fantasy Restored. It's probably the closest to a general fix all bug without forcing a ton of custom bullshit on the game as well. It has a lot of customization and allows you to pick the changes you want.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1631

>>4006006
Final Fantasy Origins is the closest to the original vision of the creators out of the remakes.

If you want to play it on the GBA or anything like that I heavily recommend Mod of Balance. Mod of Balance (2.2 specifically) re balances the game around the new features of the GBA release making it a much more enjoyable game instead of a stomp. If you want to make things different, try downloading the latest version which has more classes and is balanced around that instead now.

http://www.jeffludwig.com/finalfantasy/
>>
>>4005982

PS1 version is closest to the original experience but with fixed bugs and enhanced graphics. The other ports are far too easy.
>>
>>4006805
Does it have the terrible loading times that the "Final Fantasy IV/Chrono Trigger" PS1 ports have?
>>
>>4007741
No. They're impressively streamlined infact.
>>
>>4007416
I haven't tried Ludwig's FF1 mods but his Wizardry and M&M mods are great. I'll have to check this one out.
>>
Does the PSP port have the lower difficulty and MP-based combat system like the GBA port?
>>
>>4008813
Yes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.