[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be honest, I like repros and the idea of it, but who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (352KB, 1003x562px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
352KB, 1003x562px
I'll be honest, I like repros and the idea of it, but who would buy this instead of the original? This is a waste of a romhack. FF6 Advance's OST sounds way better than the SNES version's.
>>
>who would buy this instead of the original?

The same kind of people who would pay $200 for Earthbound. Hipsters and bandwagoners who never bothered to gain any knowledge on retro games besides 'I like pixels lol such a geek'.
>>
>>4004916
>FF6 Advance's OST sounds way better than the SNES version's.

Are you trolling? Did you play the GBA version first or something? The ultra shitty sound is one of the main flaws in that port. Are you seriously saying you think it actually sounds better??
>>
>>4004932

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E5W0vKrxdQ

Just listen to this versus the SNES version - SNES version sounds worse.
>>
I've seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Hyperstone Heist repro just arrived at the seller from aliexprees and labeled as "NEW" having offers at 80-90$
>>
>>4004937
I can't play youtube on this thing, but I played FFVI Advance on a GBA and the music sounded like dogshit.

Also even outside of my experience you are literally the only person I've ever seen say anything positive about it. Are you sure it's just not the way you heard it for the first time?
>>
>>4004937

you're deaf dude, the SNES sounds a lot clearer.

This is due to the SNES having superior sound capabilities.
>>
Fake Pokemon cartridges have turned me off the idea of GBA repros.
>>
>>4004916
maybe if it was super cheap, I guess
>>
>>4004916
I like the idea of people doing them for romhacks. Sometimes they will get creative with the design which is always nice.
>>
>>4004916
How good is Etsy, are they reputable?
>>
>>4004951
Very easy to spot, though. Been buying falsely advertised copies from Chinese based American distribution fronts for years on ebay. I file claims, get my money back and never return them. Ripping off chinks $10 at a time.
>>
>>4004916
>FF6 Advance's OST sounds way better than the SNES version's
I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of someone who could actually believe this and it's just boggling my mind. Like what kind of defect of the auditory processing system would someone need to have to think this. I just don't get it. FF6 is like what it would sound like if speakers could vomit.
>>
File: 1414667511941.jpg (42KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
1414667511941.jpg
42KB, 450x320px
>>4004937
>That compression
>>
>>4004932
>>4004937
>>4004945
>>4004948
>>4004970
I actually love how the Game Boy Advance version sounds but if I had to choose between either the Super Famicom soundtrack or the Game Boy Advance soundtrack, I would easily go for the Super Famicom soundtrack any day.
>>
There are people who've been brought up with MP3 compression over shitty headphones and absolutely love it.

They're so used to eating shit, if you make them listen to a vinyl on an actual good sound system, they'll find it worse.

I wish I was joking. I have a friend like that. He's a singer, a talented musician, and I can tell you he has good hears, and yet as far as technical sound quality goes...

These are the kind of people who like the GBA sound.
>>
>>4004989

aren't vinyl compressed sounding too?
>>
>>4004916
I don't understand the point of that. Just buy a flash cart and play the ROM. There's literally 0 point in "collecting" physical copies of rom hacks.
>>
You could get one of these for 5 dollars on AliExpress instead, and I still don't see the point.
>>
>>4004975
Nobody asked you, faggot.
>>
>>4004989
>not listening to bootleg recordings of The Gerogerigegege with your apple earbuds compressed to 48kbps
>>
>>4004975
Remove your trips.
>>
>>4004989
People who defend vinyl don't deserve to hear.
>>
>>4004989

>vinyl on an actual good sound system, they'll find it worse

Vinyl is an objectively inferior to regular CDs if you care about preserving the sound as closely as possible. You have no place to criticize others for being nostalgic about shittier sound mediums.
>>
File: 3f6JnCe.jpg.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3f6JnCe.jpg.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>4004916

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>4006476
>Vinyl is an objectively inferior to regular CDs
You have to be 18 to post on this site, kid
>>
>>4009594
Nice hipster post.
>>
>>4005017
"Compressed" and "uncompressed" are terms that literally do not apply to vinyl because it's not a digital medium.

It's similar to compressed music because it changes the sound and degrades over time, which is why that poster is fucking retarded, but still.
>>
>>4009594
CDs on an actual good system are pretty fucking great anon
>>
File: compare-cd-lp.png (134KB, 698x646px) Image search: [Google]
compare-cd-lp.png
134KB, 698x646px
>>
>>4009637
what is dynamic range compression?
>>
>>4006476
>>4009594
You both should shut the fuck up until you get your own power lines to ensure the purest sound possible.
>>
>>4009676
Depends on the release and the master they use. Some CDs aren't compressed to hell. Some vinyl is.
>>
>>4009637
>believing this
someone has never mixed audio in their entire life
>>
>>4009637
>"Compressed" and "uncompressed" are terms that literally do not apply to vinyl because it's not a digital medium.
>It's similar to compressed music because it changes the sound and degrades over time

I honestly can't tell if you're genuinely a fucking retard or someone looking for a response. Congrats either way.
>>
do the mother 1+2 repros on ebay contain the sound fix, color fix, and translation? or just the translation?
>>
>>4012854
Not the one I bought a few years ago. Also you should be buying those things on AliExpress, not eBay.
>>
>>4004916
For that money you could just get a flashcart.
>>
>>4004937
That must be why there's a snes rom hack with gba sound...
>>
>>4005157
I want to buy a super bomber man 1-5 flash cart
>>
>>4012940
You shouldn't be buying these at all because it's fucking illegal.
>>
>>4004916
please kill you self
there's a reason why they went with the SNES's OST in all of the remakes
>>
File: autism.jpg (44KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
44KB, 277x296px
>>4013268
>>
>>4013372
>not wanting to go to prison over a stupid romhack is now autism
Christ /v/ what isn't autism these days?
>>
>>4013374
this is /vr/, please go back
>>
>>4013424
No shit I'm saying she's from /v/ for screaming autism at the mere notion of not wanting to be a lawbreaking criminal buying bootleg software off the black market. Learn to read before you post again, kid.
>>
>>4013428
>kid
>>
>>4004937
I have only played the SNES version but I feel this is missing notes like a symbol crash,
>>
>>4004916
>>4004937
This is one of the few cases where the SNES version can be said to be objectively better. The GBA version actually has a multitude of incorrect notes in various songs, notably the boss theme and chocobo theme.
>>
File: 1487545542949.jpg (231KB, 680x885px) Image search: [Google]
1487545542949.jpg
231KB, 680x885px
SNES : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMd6V1IOJ5k

GBA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vbEy2F4oW0

The gameplay was fine in the GBA version, but you shouldn't deny the SNES version's music is far better.
>>
>>4013705
gaddamn, maybe they should have just stuck an FM synth on it. I played KH:CoM recently with headphones and it was pretty painful, being mostly samples of music and voice from KH1.
>>
The only thing better about FFVI GBA's music are the "voice" samples (e.g., the opera), everything else is inferior to the original.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.