[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had the AVS, but got rid of it because I'm juts not in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: post-1-0-90745400-1477197965.jpg (130KB, 1215x920px) Image search: [Google]
post-1-0-90745400-1477197965.jpg
130KB, 1215x920px
I had the AVS, but got rid of it because I'm juts not in the market for HDMI NES right now. I have an HDMI Modded N64, and HDMI modded Gamecube.

I am in the market for HDMI SNES and HDMI Genesis.

Why can't I find one?
>>
The N64 requires modification even to get RGB and the Gamecube requires a fairly expensive external digital encoder. The Genesis and SNES just output RGB natively from their multi-out ports so you can just plug them into a quality upscaler and get HDMI without any modification. Now is the time to buy an XRGB before they go out of production or make the decision to wait and see if a 4K version comes out that's as good or better
>>
>>4004279
I am not doing converters anymore. They're a bunch of bullshit. I want straight HDMI.
>>
>>4004286
With the exception of the HDMI NES all of the HDMI modded consoles are going to be comverting analog RGB to digital HDMI. If you want to have a lot of consoles hooked up via HDMI it will be more economical to buy a single high quality upscaler. I assure you, Framemeisters are not bullshit.
>>
>>4004302
Framemeisters are expensive as hell.
>>
>>4004312
How much did the HDMI mods for your N64 and Gamecube cost you? Buy a good upscaler once or buy little upscalers inside every console as you go, I guess but the Framemeister will give you the best results and you only have to buy it once.
>>
>>4004314
Sorry, but I'm not OP.
>>
>>4004279
>The N64 requires modification even to get RGB
The French N64 doesn't.
>>
>>4004318
Oh. Well, I mean just using a CRT with your original consoles and decent cables and/or using quality emulation on your big progressive scan displays are both cheaper and just as valid if not more so
>>
>>4004254
What a monumental waste of money.
>>
>>4004326
+1 to using original consoles and decent cables on a CRT
-1 to emulation
>>
>>4004286
>I want straight HDMI.

Then you want emulation. Because honestly that's the best way to get what you're looking for.
>>
>>4007215
That's not really the best way, no, emulation sucks absolute dick, and I don't want to buy a computer and hook it up to my surround sound/projector system right now.

Unless there are affordable emulator consoles, the basic retrons look like garbage, or look like they read games like garbage, anyway.
>>
>>4004314
The UltraHDMI for my N64 was about 200 dollars, no scart cables, no converters, nothing to worry about, and the GCVideo HDMI for my GameCube was about 200 dollars - 100 less than the component cable, and no worries about upscalers or converters.

For anyone calling it a "monumental waste of money," we're on a board with systems that have games that cost upwards of 50-100 dollars a piece.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.