[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So basically I fucked myself over by trying to play bad version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

So basically I fucked myself over by trying to play bad version of the game.
Now the game is ruined for me and I will hold negative attitude because of it.
There should be at least some list of recommended way to play classics on modern machines.
Why are we not doing this?
>>
>>4002875
>Why are we not doing this?

Because 80% of /vr/ are autists who insist you play everything on authentic hardware using aging CRTs.

Play RealMYST btw.
>>
Myst is garbage. I'll never understand why it was so popular.
>>
>>4003008
>RealMYST
Well you and everyone else in steam comments is saying this but I got it from gog thinking what could possibly go wrong and had a bad time.

>>4003014
My opinion is very negative at this point and I would rather not trash talk the game to shit.
>>
I was thinking of purchasing this version. Tell, my friend, what issues did you find with this version?
>>
>>4003060
>Difficulties launching the game
Was starting with black screen and jumping audio so wasted quite of bit of time to find out Quicktime codecs are required.

>hint system that doesn't actually hint at anything
its basically retarded,"calculating your situation" my ass

>Very basic control system
To the point of a fault and I am not new to point and click adventures.
Having no visual indication that you pressed something is also bad since the audio is unreliable and you are not sure what is going on.

>resolution
So low that I could not read a single thing in the books because the letters are in italic

>broken puzzles
The fucking Clocktower puzzle.
The valve and the tower watch face are not on the same screen on this version while this is fixed in real myst.
Do yourself a favor and pirate all the versions first to see which one works.
>>
>>4003086
Quicktime issues are the only valid complaint here.
>>
>>4003227
>gameplay differs from version to version
Yeah the only issue is middleware.
>>
>>4003229
RealMyst is not a "version" of Myst like they just patched it or some shit. The clock tower issue is a minor interface annoyance and doesn't make entering the solution difficult at all.
>>
>>4003239
>like they just patched it or some shit.
*thinking emoji*
Hmmm why would they would do that?
>>
>>4003241
I think you are missing what I am saying but that's fine. Possibly a language barrier, not important.
>>
>>4003038
If you didn't enjoy RealMyst, then you won't enjoy Myst period.
>>
>>4003227
what about the poor point&click interface that op is claiming? so it is just a bad install or is there a version of myst with clearar control system?

i wanted to try myst the other day but delayed it when confronted with too many choices
>>
>>4003275
Dont be stupid that guy is being contrarian for some reason,meaning he is enjoying making people suffer.
Download the game its only few megs and see for yourself.

>http://pcgames-download.net/2014/05/myst-masterpiece-edition-gog-torrent-mega-uploaded-uptobox/
>>
>>4003269
>If you didn't enjoy RealMyst
Never got to play the thing.
I guess I will give it a go this weekend.
>>
File: rhem3_machine.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rhem3_machine.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
>>4003275
I don't know what that guy is talking about with "having no visual indication that you pressed something is also bad since the audio is unreliable". It's always pretty clear in Myst whether you've pushed a button or flipped a switch or whatever. There are no puzzles in the game that require you to guess "wait, is this button pushed or not?"

Maybe he's talking about how Myst doesn't have a very dynamic cursor? i.e. it doesn't change the icon to let you know which things are clickable when you hover over them? It only changes on the sides of the screen to let you know when clicking will make your view rotate. It's true that Myst lacks this convenience, but Myst is not a "hidden hotspot" type of game--it's usually pretty obvious when something is a path, button, drawer, etc. You click on the things that look interesting, it's not that hard.
>>
File: riven_dome.jpg (447KB, 1664x1208px) Image search: [Google]
riven_dome.jpg
447KB, 1664x1208px
I think Myst loses quite a bit when you make it realtime free-roaming 3D. There are some areas in the original that are unnecessarily confusing and wouldn't be in real life (the Channelwood treetops for example), but you lose the aspect of having each frame being a carefully composited image. You're also much less likely to see issues with the textures and models when you can't stick your nose right up against the wallpaper. I don't think any realtime 3D game has matched Riven's aesthetics, including Obduction.
>>
>>4003360
>but you lose the aspect of having each frame being a carefully composited image
Yeah, instead you get to explore. In realMyst you can look around things that interest you. In Myst, "Neat image."
>>
>>4003290
>Links to a game magazine
>implying they arent just making stuff so it can boast Myst sales
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.