[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue pill me on how to get over "Greatest Hits" editions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4134.png (42KB, 314x130px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4134.png
42KB, 314x130px
Blue pill me on how to get over "Greatest Hits" editions. I need my blue pills. I NEED MY BLUE PILLS!!
>>
>>4000975
Grow the fuck up? Only children get upset over childish things.
>>
Right after you redpill me on original releases.
>>
Gran Turismo 2 non greatest hits print is impossible to 100%, one of the events just will not count as cleared.
>>
>>4000975
red label / greatest hits often contains bug fixes
if you care about the game more then the box it comes in then you will buy whatever is the cheapest.
>>
>>4000979
That's not true. There's a part of me that twitches slightly when I look over my PS3 collection and see the red cases. The cases within cases of the DS greatest hits. The little gold crown on Wii U games is the easiest to handle I think. But still slightly annoying. Not to mention no manuals in those Wii U greatest hit games.
>>
>>4000983
I thought it was because the dummied-out drag races still counted as events to the completion percentage
>>
File: 25-02-2017-23.27.jpg (237KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
25-02-2017-23.27.jpg
237KB, 960x720px
>>4000975
Black label has more value for collecting, but green labels were like rereleases with patches build in, sometimes adding new substantial features (Jet Moto 2), or adding Dualshock support (Crash Bandicoot 2). So if you're grabbing and iso, always go for version 1.1.
>>
>>4001084
I just realized I can't fucking type but there you go.
>>
I actually shelve my greatest hits Playstation games in a separate group from my non-greatest hits, just like I do with longboxes. Looks fine that way.
>>
Just dont give a shit its that easy
>>
>>4000975
Stop being a fucktard and caring about the packaging.
>>
They used to bother me in the past, but not so much anymore. It's only NTSC-U/C PlayStation discs that came in those puke green packaging and they're inherently less valuable than their NTSC-J counterparts anyway.
>>
You can't get over autism.
>>
File: 1486331222484.jpg (50KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
1486331222484.jpg
50KB, 500x698px
>>4000975
Black label shit is a way to spot a hipster. Later releases are almost always the superior version. Crash and Spyro games even got extra music along with bug fixes.
>>
>>4001567
*purist
>>
>>4001567

Or maybe, y'know, people who bought the game at release and didn't feel the need to buy the re-release?

Damn kids, thinking everyone is so young that they couldn't possibly have obtained the original, non-GH/PC/whatever version back when it was the only version available.
>>
>>4001631
>Or maybe, y'know, people who bought the game at release and didn't feel the need to buy the re-release?
Unless you were rich there's no way you bought every game before a green label release. And the green label releases were so cheap it wasn't even worth buying used.

>Damn kids, thinking everyone is so young that they couldn't possibly have obtained the original, non-GH/PC/whatever version back when it was the only version available.

Clearly you're a kid or just a retard.
>>
>>4001641

Oh please, your post clearly made it sound like there was always a choice to be made between the two versions (which is only true if you weren't of game-playing age when the console and games were current) and that the only reason to have "black label" releases is for, uh, hipster reasons.
>>
>>4001658
You seem to have autism. Just going off you having a problem with taking everything as an absolute.
>>
>>4000975
>>4000996
From what I heard the PSX had a handful of games that had fixes in the GH release such as jet moto 2, Gran Turismo 2, FF Anthology, ect. From what I gather some PSX games don't play on the PS2, but the GH version does and people then consider that a "fix". If you play on a PSX you really only should get a mere handful of GH games for actual glitch/bug fixes. GH cases are nasty but better than PS2 ones.
>>
>>4002135
Speaking of PS2, a few GH version games have game-breaking bugs if played on anything other than genuine PSX hardware (usually lengthy RPGs such as Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears, etc, but there could be more).
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.