[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm in the market for usb controller adapters for PC.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: superretroport1_large.jpg (27KB, 440x282px) Image search: [Google]
superretroport1_large.jpg
27KB, 440x282px
So I'm in the market for usb controller adapters for PC.

Which ones are the best? Every time I go to retrousb's website they're out of stock of pic related, and every other one looks like cheap and reviews complain of input lag.

Any suggestions? Thanks. Also, while I'm at it, what are the best ones for Sega Saturn and N64?
>>
Those $2 blue V-shaped ones from China work fine as far as Playstation controller adapters go.
>>
>>3998105

I'll look into it
>>
>>3998087
There's no best, they are all just dpinut based adapters, just get the most cheapest and generic one you can find and it will work like any other
>>
File: 1494722385352.gif (594KB, 239x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494722385352.gif
594KB, 239x270px
>>3998126

Then why do some reviews talk about how some don't work? Poor build quality? Female ends not properly taking the male ends?

I mean I get where you're coming from, that was my default take on the matter but from what I can tell after spending time looking into it not all adapters are created equal anon.
>>
>>3998167
It's true that you take a risk when you buy cheap chinese stuff but in this case they're SO much cheaper that if you want to drive your risk way down just buy two or three (from different suppliers so they don't all come from the same production run). It's still much cheaper than a name brand one, the chances of all three having quality failures is probably as low or lower and chances are you'll end up with multiple good ones you can install in different applications or give as gifts.
>>
>>3998228

>give as gifts
>implying anyone I know gives a fuck about retro games and aren't all just League of Legends/Overwatch fags

Thanks anon. I'll pick up that treno one for playsation and a mayflash for everything else because I have the money to blow.

I am having a hard time finding a Sega Saturn adapter for my Saturn controllers though.
>>
what's a good usb adapter for snes controllers? or should i buy one of the chinkshit usb clone controllers off aliexpress
>>
>>3998340
https://www.amazon.com/SNES-Controller-Adapter-PC-USB/dp/B002IXZ5DE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1494946905&sr=1-1&keywords=mayflash+snes

I'm looking into this one because it has two player support. I want to play shit like Goof Troop, ya know?
>>
>>3998346
oddly enough i was just looking at this one less than a minute ago. i was also looking into getting one of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-x-Retro-Super-for-Nintendo-SNES-USB-Controller-for-PC-for-MAC-Controllers-SEALED/714715_2051991309.html
>>
>>3998361
>https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-x-Retro-Super-for-Nintendo-SNES-USB-Controller-for-PC-for-MAC-Controllers-SEALED/714715_2051991309.html

Yeah I'd never use that personally. I bought a SFC controller off ebay for 12 bucks and it was in perfect condition. Japs keep their shit in near mint its crazy how nice they keep things.
>>
Is there one for the Dreamcast?
>>
>>3998375
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Dreamcast-Controller-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00K7YK0YA/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1494948044&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=mayflash+dreamcast

yes
>>
mayflash ones worked good for me for snes and n64. for nes i got this one in the red package. worked good too.
>>
>>3998378
I mean the other way around.
>>
>>3999341

what?
>>
>>3998087
IMO gamepads like the logitech rumblepad, F350 etc, work well for all standard controller systems (nes, snes, gens, ps, etc)
for me I only have a USB adaptor for the n64 which is almost impossible to properly map to a gamepad
>>
>>3998167
There is literally nothing on the hardware level to be different between them.
Some are just cheaply built, but it's a fucking adapter and not a controller.
>>
>>3998276
Why would you need a playstation adapter when logitech controllers are practically identical and around 15 bucks?
>>
I would like to know more about these adapters myself. Is there any input lag when playing with these with a standard controller or is it just like playing normally via usb?
>>
>>4001039
Just no. Stop this bullshit now. Stop being poor and get an X1 controller. Which has, by far, the best dpad for retro gaming. Then get a GC mayflash adapter for dolphin and a N64 adapter because that controller is shit for mapping.
>>
>>4001056
>X1 controller. Which has, by far, the best dpad for retro gaming

what the actual fuck
>>
>>4001056
>stop being poor and get....
>not actual system, crt, and legit/burned copy of game
wtf is up with your logic?
>>
>>3998087
The best are the DIY ones that support fast and asynchronous polling and handle multiple types of controllers. People make these and sell them. They're more expensive but if you want to use several different types of controllers one can be as cost effective as several shitty ones.

>>3998167
Because some are cheap chink shit

>>4001056
Top kek kid. Project much?
>>
>>4001072
have you ever used one? The X1 controler fixed everything wrong with the 360s d-pad. it's clicky and accurate and awesome, and it's a fantasitc controller besides that too.
>>
>>4001056
>>4003165

OP here. I have an Xbox One controller. I enjoy it for modern games, but I'm sorry, it just doesn't cut it for my retro gaming needs. Whatever works for you though, anon.

>>4001046

There is very minimal provided you've taken all the necessary steps to reduce it. I've even used HDMI with Mednafen and compared it to both CRT on real hardware and Framemeister on my LG HDTV. The difference is not significant. Only those with the highest of standards would give a shit.

>>4001039

I am old enough to have gone through a few logitech controllers, but my transparent PS2 controllers that I bought for 50 bucks back in 2003 or whatever are still in damn near perfect condition and blow the logitech pieces of trash out of the water. I'd rather use those, thanks.
>>
>>4003165
The X1 dpad is fucking awful for retro gaming. The only thing it's useful for is navigating menus or swapping weapons in modern games. It's definitely not meant to be the focus.

The best dpads I've come across are the SNES controller, or the Wii Classic controller dpad.
I haven't tried the Switch Pro controller, but I've heard it's really nice as well.
>>
>>4004205

Switch Pro controller and Saturn controller are my personal favorites.
>>
>>4004342
>Saturn controller
Which one? Fuck, if the kid in the you tube video didn't say you're gonna be fucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 325x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 325x229px
>>4004772

>if the kid in the youtube video didn't say you're gonna be fucked

what the fuck are you even talking about, anon?
>>
>>3998087
i have one of these, they're great. no problems whatsoever, and it works great paired with Joy2key for games that just won't recognize it.
sorry they're out of stock. have you tried e-mailing the site staff/owner?
>>
>>3998115
take note that the USB cable on them is fucking awful, and they're much better with PS1 controllers because they don't read the PS2 controllers' analog button sensitivity (so you have to push a tad hard on the buttons)
I have three lying around. I need to replace the cable on one of them, another is fine but I've barely used it, and I replaced the cable on the third one like four or five years ago and it's been fine ever since.
>>
>>4004830
Talking about a kid who watches kids on the intarwebs
>>
File: Never_let_go.jpg (557KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Never_let_go.jpg
557KB, 2592x1944px
>>3998087
There are a lot of PS2(1) to USB adapters around. Back around the PS3 launch I remember reading the Pelican adapter had the least lag (lower left).

For Sega Saturn, I used to use a cheap USB adapter, which was the only one available. I think these days it is under the Mayflash branding. I felt it lagged a bit, but I am able to compensate a bit. I am cursed with hands that only accepts authentic Saturn controllers and that adapter was the best I could get at the time (I am the losing P2):
https://youtu.be/Mjh5V3LHTFs
>>
File: 1494705671564.jpg (97KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1494705671564.jpg
97KB, 872x685px
>>4005873
>>3998105

Well, I got one of these blue v shaped pieces of shit and for it to register the controller you have to HOLD the male end into the female end. Its not secure.

So I don't recommend them. Avoid. I'll look into finding a better one. I don't mind paying more than 8 dollars for one that doesn't do that crap.
>>
>>4007030

>Pelican adapter

Been searching for a while, can't find one.

I can only find a few, that blue V piece of shit being one of them. There is a Kozmodo one available but no idea if its worth a shit.
>>
>>4007714
I have not tested the lag on this adapter, but it has a N64 port and PS2(1) port to USB. However, I heard sometime back the only one that works with the Hori Mini 64 controller is the bliss box, which I think you may want to look into. I would love to try one of those out too.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.