[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am getting a Super Famicom this week, and was wondering what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Super Famicom.jpg (174KB, 1005x480px) Image search: [Google]
Super Famicom.jpg
174KB, 1005x480px
I figured this would be the best place to get a definitive answer. I have been checking different sites for information on it since I really do not want to fry the thing with the wrong supply. I have been told that I shouldn't be using the normal supply, and that I should use a Genesis Model 1 supply. Is that correct? If so I was wondering if a generic 1602 or 3025 would work.
>>
>>3996951
Doesnt the seller just throw one in?
>>
>>3997004
Well yes they had the original super famicom power supply, but I have heard that it can cause issues due to the difference between US and Japanese power outputs. I am not the most knowledgeable in early gen power stuff unfortunately.
>>
File: center-negative-300x137.png (20KB, 300x137px) Image search: [Google]
center-negative-300x137.png
20KB, 300x137px
Center negative 9v power supply that outputs 1,000 amps.
>>
>>3997030
>1,000 amps
Either you are using ',' as the radix, or your house would burn down.
>>
>>3997041
Sorry, meant milliamps.
>>
>>3996951
Just get a [your country] > jap power converter from a travel store or some shit.
>>
>>3997064
So like a US to Japanese stepdown converter?
>>
>>3997083
Literally, just check the ratings on the SNES and a candidate AC adapter. If they match, and the jack fits, you're good to go.

Otherwise you'll let the magic smoke out.
>>
>>3997024
Been using the original SuFami Power Supply for years without any problems in the U.S.
>>
>>3996951
9V DC Center Pin Negative, 1000mA. Do NOT buy a fucking step-down converter.
>>
>>3997083
>So like a US to Japanese stepdown converter?

You don't need that, the difference is negligible. Power supplies are designed to be able to work in a certain range of voltage, not on a fixed voltage, for many reasons - one is voltage ripples, another is so they can have 1 design working in multiple areas.

If you plug in a 100V power supply in a 110V mains, it will run just fine. Maybe it'll run 10% hotter and less efficient (ie. draw more watts), but it will work all the same. The same shit has happened over here in Europe when the mains was normalized to 230V (was 220V before), old shit ran a bit hotter and that was it.
>>
UK fag here, I've been using a regular Mega Drive wall wart for my Super Famicom for years.
>>
>>3996951
If you don't have the Japanese plug a Sega Master System adapter will work. Otherwise the Japanese plug is fine, 100v isn't different from 110
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.