[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rpgs where you can name your party? also theres minimal dialogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4270.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4270.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
rpgs where you can name your party? also theres minimal dialogue of party members. examples: dq1-3, ff1-3, saga 1-3, mother 1-2, metal max

also who else used to put their crush as a party member?
>>
>>3992038
I named Frog Kunt in Chrono Cross one time because I thought it was a funny word but didn't know what it was. My friend borrowed it and he told some other kids and they thought I was a weirdo. I've used the default names ever since.
>>
SMT 1 lets you name your MC, his bitch and the alignment heroes.
>>
>>3992038
First time playthrough is always with default names, second go around is where you start to fuck around.
>>
File: Untitled.png (134KB, 750x643px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
134KB, 750x643px
>>3992038
I don't change names except in Dragon Quest where your hero is always an avatar for yourself, also in Final Fantasy I and III i use an abbreviation of my real name and then the rest of the party are named after Capcom main characters from fighting games like in FF1 i would go with:
My name
Ryu
Batsu
Dimitri or Dmitri because to many letters.
But in FF3 i would go:
My name
Terry
Ryo
Haomaru or Hamaru.
>>
>>3992038
>crush as a party member

I used to do this with Rinoa in FFVIII
>>
>>3992038
>also who else used to put their crush as a party member?

As a kid, I named Aeris after my crush and Tifa after my cousin who usually played with me (at her request).
Since I always used Tifa in the party, Cloud (named after me) eventually romanced her.
Those scenes in the Gold Saucer and ESPECIALLY the Northern Crater were super awkward to watch together.
>>
>>3992375

Haha I put a random 69 into some Zelda II name once, for a similar reason. The number popped into my head because I had recently seen one of the Bill & Ted movies. Later I learned why it was supposed to be funny that Bill and Ted had that number on their minds. Oh well, it's still a perfectly respectable number.

I definitely made a party of hot girls from school in The Oregon Trail once. I also masturbated at least once while thinking about them going on their journey down the trail. I think my fantasy had a bit of a ryona flavor, since the girls would always be getting broken legs and typhoid and stuff. I am neither proud nor ashamed of this.
>>
File: 1490401318974-vr.jpg (32KB, 602x531px) Image search: [Google]
1490401318974-vr.jpg
32KB, 602x531px
>put bf's name in a party
>break up before you finish the game
Not a great idea.
>>
>>3993037

Did you still finish the run?
>>
>>3992038
I just go with the canon names and for games like DQIII I do a name generator since I don't have friends to name my party after.
>>
>>3992404
> i use an abbreviation of my real name
Pleased to meet you cuNT.
>>
>>3992436
>continue the game a 1 year later and see crush name
>crush rejected you to a dance at prom night
awkward
>>
omanko
>>
Phantasy Star 2.

There's a lot about PS2 that I like - the way it works is very "organic" and logical. You don't just name your party members, they come with names but ask you if you'd like to give them a new name when you meet them. You can only save your game at a "Data Memory" centre, and dead characters can only be revived at Clone Labs. Later in the game you can quicksave anywhere but only by using a collectible Visiphone to contact Data Memory from whatever dungeon you happen to be in. I like it when there are in-game explanations for arbitrary mechanics like being able to come back from the dead and start again from a save point.
>>
Pokemon did this op

Also Digimon World
>>
Wizardry Series
Might and Magic series
Gold Box and EotB games
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.