[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play old squaresoft game that was never released in the west

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: rudras.png (1MB, 917x502px) Image search: [Google]
rudras.png
1MB, 917x502px
>play old squaresoft game that was never released in the west that everyone says is good
>its a mediocre slog
I really need to stop falling for this.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 168x168px
>have bad taste
>blame others for it
>>
Treasure of the Rudras is a game with cool ideas, but it's not great. It's just got some interesting systems in it to go along with its very nicely animated sprites. I don't think I've ever seen anybody praise it super highly.

You should try Live A Live, OP. It's got way more variety.
>>
>>3991245
I really wanted to like it because the mantra system is great, and I love the sprites, but the story is too bloated and the pacing is terrible. Too many walls of exposition that tell me a bunch of shit I already learned in another scenario. May just be the translation though. I dunno. Maybe I'm just burned out on games with random encounters after all these years.
>You should try Live A Live
I tried it out a long time ago but never could get into it. Might give it another shot.
>>
>>3991259

If you do, I'd recommend trying the Prehistoric chapter or the Martial Arts chapter first. Maybe even the Ninja chapter, but it's pretty tough.
>>
>>3991247
I've played through beginning to end twice. It's finished. I have no idea what you're on about.
>>
>>3991240
People always hype up shit that never got an official release because they feel like they're part of some special elite for playing it. Seriously if you play any fan translated crap you're nothing but a pretentious asshat who should gtfo already cause no one wants to tolerate your bullshniz anymore.
>>
>>3991469
doesn't the hack completely break the sutra system? any japanese speaking bros here could confirm this out?
>>
>>3991272
The Ninja chapter is really neat, but it's plagued probably the most by Live a Live's biggest problem: absolutely ridiculous hidden secrets that you're almost guaranteed not to find without a guide. Then again, if you're not a ridiculously anal completionist, this isn't really a problem.

It's even worse in Touhou a Live
>>
>>3991495

The secrets make it fun to replay and give you extra challenges to try, though.
>>
>>3991541
Cut him some slack. It takes a lot of effort to tweet about Trump all day.
>>
>>3991485
>if you play any fan translated crap you're nothing but a pretentious asshat who should gtfo
Wew lad.
>>
>>3991240
Nothing more fun than backtracking through the same places ten times in three different scenarios with an unreasonable encounter rate with enemies that give piss poor experience and the occasional random miniboss out of nowhere.
>>
>>3991245
>Live A Live
God, this is far worse than ToR. several generic rpgs but ey!, they are a lot!.
>>
Treasure of the Rudras is goofy as hell. It's an interesting JRPG but not the greatest ever.

Live-A-Live and Bahamut Lagoon on the other hand are masterpieces.
>>
>>3994507
Bahamut Lagoon was my first NTR

I hated it
>>
File: games.jpg (237KB, 1032x640px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
237KB, 1032x640px
>RPG only gets released in America (besides Japan)
>is hailed as the coming of christ
>>
>>3994521
What is frog looking at?
>>
>>3994603

oh shit...

dat ass
>>
>>3991242
Ha
>>
>>3994634
Her ass is on the other side you blind retard reprobate he's looking at the titty
>>
>>3994521

her panties are showing!
>>
>>3991240
Your own fault for playing Square Shit games.
>>
>>3994521
More like FFVI. Literally the first game I think of when I think of undeserved hype because the competition at the time was fucking terrible.
>>
>>3991240
>I really need to stop falling for this.
No, don't. I think you did great. You got a recommendation, went out there, tried the game and formed your own opinion. That is great. Truly a rare sight in /vr/. Please don't change. Ofcourse you'll get some really bad games, but do not stop looking for the good ones.
>>
>>3994514
Yeah that was pretty cucky but at least it was a creative twist for the time
>>
>>3991485
I agree that most games that didn't get localized, probably did for very good reason.

North America really did get most of the good shit.

There were a handful of really good games we didn't get, but most Japanese exclusive releases weren't localized for a reason.
>>
>>3997795
The only Final Fantasy I couldn't finish. After playing other JRPG's and finally working my way to that I just got bored and realized I could play another JRPG that did things way better than FFVI.
>>
File: SD3.jpg (84KB, 940x587px) Image search: [Google]
SD3.jpg
84KB, 940x587px
>IT WAS TOO GOOD FOR THE WEST SO WE GOT SOE INSTEAD

Turns out it's a buggy, broken slogfest
>>
>>3991240
>realizing that all retro JRPGs are a slog without muh nostalgia and free time.
Yep.
>>
>>3991240
"Falling for this" is collecting US Super Nintendo boxed carts when Japanese SuFami boxed carts are 8000× better looking
>>
>>3999416
I wish I knew what they were thinking with that.

>Let's make a sequel to SD2
>Except let's make it reaaaaaaally slow
>And then let's make it really easy, but enemies have padded HP so you'll want to kill yourself for the early game unless you picked Hawk and Kevin
>>
>>3994521
Slap Stick was released in America, is great and yet nobody cares.
>>
>>4000681
It was decent
>>
>>3997795
>>3999353
In Japan it's one of the least popular FF titles.
>>
>>4000810
Source
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.