[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just looking for some opinions/feedback on Retrons. Want to clear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Crystalis.gif (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Crystalis.gif
5KB, 256x224px
Just looking for some opinions/feedback on Retrons. Want to clear up some of my battletstation room by replacing a couple/few systems with a 'all in one' device.
>>
I love them. So does my wife.
>>
They're good for recording in HD, if you record your gameplay, but there is minor input lag. It probably won't be noticeable, unless you're a speedrunner.
The cartridge slots are very tight, and it feels like you're going to break your cartridges when you pull them out. The cartridge readers are also a bit finicky, but they usually work pretty well. Those are the negatives.
Other than that, I enjoy mine.
>>
They're dumb. You're dimpinge a rom from a cart into an overpriced emylator. Just plug a pc into your tv
>>
My wife and her son love my Retron 5!
>>
File: 1436203450641.png (922KB, 1104x974px) Image search: [Google]
1436203450641.png
922KB, 1104x974px
>>3988413

>My wife's son loves my Retron 5.
>>
It saved my marriage
>>
Retron 5 consoles are just shitty android emulators. They require real carts and DO NOT WORK with flash carts AT ALL. They also have a death grip on carts and can wear their pins out faster.
If you want an emulator box just build a small PC or get a Raspberry Pi. It'll be cheaper, have better emulation, give you more systems, be more powerful and have more options, won't require you to buy expensive carts.... it'll be better in every way.
Don't waste money on a Retron 5.

The other Retrons are cheap hardware clones. they're okay by cheap-clone standards but they're still not great. They're a decent choice if you can't afford the real thing but they're less accurate than any emulator. The only upside is they don't have any input lag. If you're spending money for real carts, don't play them on shitty clones.

Either use the real thing or use emulators. Don't buy shit clones unless you're too poor for real hardware.
>>
File: 1451335437844.jpg (50KB, 375x508px) Image search: [Google]
1451335437844.jpg
50KB, 375x508px
>>3988460

>The Retron 5 saved my marriage.

Dude... WTF?
>>
>>3988384
>>3988463
I ask because my NES is on it's last leg, I have originals carts and want to continue to use them. If I was fine with just emulating, I'd not bother.

>>3988357
Thanks, I've heard this and that the controllers are piss, but I have plenty of NES, SNES, etc controllers in great condition.
>>
>>3988653
> If I was fine with just emulating, I'd not bother.

The newer Retron devices are emulators. They real-time dump the cart rom and run it through open source emulators.
>>
>>3988438
>>3988470
first time on /vr/ champ?
>>
>>3988653

Well you should probably just get another NES then, or (if possible) fix the one you have (maybe like by replacing the pin connector say, if that's what's dying in it).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.