[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it even work with the ps1? I never played it and I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: Diablo [U] [SLUS-00619]-front.jpg (40KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo [U] [SLUS-00619]-front.jpg
40KB, 600x596px
Does it even work with the ps1? I never played it and I thought it'd be cool to have the game on the go and emulate it through my psp.
>>
if i had to guess it probably works but is not the ideal way to play it
>>
i>>3988180
I've watched some reviews of the ps1 version on youtube and one of them says the control works great but I don't know whether or not it's just a sort of bloated statement simply because of the fact it works on console. Loadings seem to be the issue although I suppose it doesn't distract too much from the actual game
>>
>>3988201
The PC version has load screens too. IDK which is longer, though.
>>
It does.
What I didn't like is that it took 10 freaking spaces off the memory card.
>>
I've played it on an actual ps1, and later on my phone with an emulator.

It's good, maybe a little clunky on the ps1. They handled its transition very well. Didn't work did good on my phone (long load times, awkward controls). I think it would work good enough on your psp.
>>
>>3988175
The main appeal of Diablo PS1 was couch co-op, in pretty much every other respect besides maybe controls it's worse than the original. Sort of like the modern PS4 port of Diablo 3.
>>
i had no problems with it except for one thing.
warrior is basically screwed because you get knocked out of your attack whenever you are hit, and since you are likely to get swamped easily, you are basically stunlocked to death.
that's something that was fixed in the pc version.
>>
It works but it's half the resolution of the original PC game.
>>
It's so weird and almost feels like a totally different game and yet it did see a surprising amount of play on my couch back in the day. It has larger text to deal with the lower resolution but is still a little grainy. Probably works okay on a handheld.
>>
>>3988175
It does work, mappable controls including a shift/combo button. It even has a 2x speed option so you can get through the town quicker. The only real issue is needing to wait on save times, and you have to save twice (character + world progress). Saving also takes a lot of memory card blocks but it won't be an issue if you are using virtual memory cards.
>>
>>3988796
It's clunky as fuck and the load times are awful. It also pretty much takes up an entire memory card, but like >>3988796 said, if you are emulating it that won't really be a problem. You also can't keep unique items when you start a new game with another character, but that may have been a thing that happened on PC as well. Other than that, it's pretty fun. I played through it again a couple years ago and it was pretty fun.
>>
The brightness is an issue. It's hard to see on a PSP.
>>
>>3988180
I dunno. Direct control with a D-pad and an attack button sounds a lot better in theory than the awful RTS-like clickfest controls the PC version has. A lack of direct control is what kills the game, I can't help but imagine the PS version being better.
>>
>>3988981
This.
Diablo 1 on PSP is ultra-hard mode.
>>
I grew up with the ps1 version, it's great
>>
>>3988175
it works but the graphics are really bad.
i recently ran though the ps1 version before playing the pc version

also while the ps1 version is fun, you can't keep "unique" items in subsequent plays, so keep that in mind when picking loot.
>>
>>3989382
The resolution is half of the PC version.
>>
>>3988175
It works. Played through it a couple of years ago and had fun doing it.
>>
>>3988981
>>3989123
This is like the opposite, the PSP Pops has a brightness setting that lets you bump it up to +2 and it makes a big difference.
>>
>>3988228
Diablo 3 is actually better on consoles. It's only missing seasons.
>>
>>3988207
Nice try, but it was 11 for a "save state", and 1 for just saving your character.
>>
>>3990007
Diablo 3 on consoles does have seasons besides PS3 and Xbox 360 which don't get patches in the first place.
>>
>>3988538
This. Get to seventh level with warrior
Swamped by demons dead
Nothing you can do about it.
I was really enjoying it up to that point.
And I played on my psp go
Avoid
>>
>>3989032
Gotta agree with this, the genre is so mich better without all the bullshit clicking, even d3 console version is generally seen as a better port due to being able to use a controller
>>
>>3988538
This was patched on PC? I'm pretty sure my first time ever touching Diablo (in its abondonware life) I played warrior first and it was just perma stunlock with butcher.
>>
>>3988538
You're not suppose to pull the entire room when you play the warrior. You have to use doorways and corners to your advantage or you won't be able to thin crowds. Even more important when you get to Hell and have to fight Doom Knights. On a standard play through which you normally don't find overpowered items you can take about two Doom Knight on at once, maybe three if you actually found some decent gear.

This isn't Diablo 2, and this sure isn't like all other loot grind games after Diablo 2. Mob management is very important because you just lack area of effect attacks as a warrior.
>>
>>3990724
Like I said
Walk into 7th floor
Mobbed by 14 enemies
No where to go
Literally nothing I can do
Game is broken As Fuck
>>
>>3990876
Get gud faggot.
>>
>>3990683
it was fixed with the expansion i believe.
>>
>>3990724
there's not much you can do about it sometimes except save after every fight.
you can take a few steps from the stairs and suddenly three knights come and start wacking you, every second swing being cancelled, then while you are dealing with them a succubus or two will slide in and start pot-shotting you.
>>
>>3990876
thats just RNG, floors are random and Diablo is basically built like a roguelike with realtime action, sometimes you just get thrown a shit floor and gotta try again
>>
File: Diablo.png (329KB, 457x767px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo.png
329KB, 457x767px
>>3988175
pic unironically related
>>
>>3989409
more like 1/4
>>
>>3991169
Making those Succubi walk the exact same speed as your player character was the biggest dickmove they could have possibly pulled for the Warrior. When you chase them through half the floor, you'll inevitable end up activating 10 Knights and 20 more Succubi, which, guess what, will also casually walk away at a leisurely pace. It's absolutely infuriating.

Unless you have a corner to drive them into, the only way to deal with them as a solo warrior (without tele-killing on way higher levels) is is by activating them and waiting behind a corner so they'll walk right in front of you so you can stunlock and dispatch them one at a time.

It slows the pacing to a crawl and is no fun at all.
>>
>>3988538
>>3990569
>>3990683
>>3990724
>>3990876

There are items with faster/fastest hit recovery effect and they are really easy to find. Moreover you can just stay at 1 hp forever and use mana as your hp with mana shield and boom - you have free fastest hit recovery. Read about some shit before you say something is broken.
>>
>>3990569
>>3990876

You should consider a new hobby.
>>
>>3988175
There is a clone item bug in europe version.
>>
>>3992298
>grind for an item to circumvent this broken ass design
lol
>>
it works but its an awful port. PC master race
>>
>>3990876
Strange how I had no such problem when playing through the game last year. I thought it was a game mechanic like any other, nothing game breaking to the least.
>>
>>3992298
You'd have to pump energy to do that as a warrior or get lucky with shrines, none-the-less you have a 50 energy cap so you just won't have a big pool of mana to work with unlike the Rogue, and especially the Sorcerer.

Also you cannot stay at 1 HP forever if you are ever planning to level. What you are suggesting is more of a sorcerer strat that abuses something the developers overlooked and expect people to know it.

It is about foot work, and corners. As you already know you don't always get the items you want and often have to juggle them about when you descend each floor.
>>
>>3993072

>broken ass design

Try hitting anyone when 5 or 6 guys beat the shit out of you, from my point of view fighting multiple oponents in games is broken.
>>
>>3993136
>awful port

Wrong.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.