[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know of any games aside from pic related that are like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

Do you know of any games aside from pic related that are like ethereal fairy tales in video game form? Please no bully.
>>
File: astyanax.jpg (109KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
astyanax.jpg
109KB, 1280x719px
I've been in to astyanax lately, there's an annoying/helpful fairy too.
>>
>>3986683

Ethereal fairy tale is an odd way to describe Ocarina of Time...

If you can be more specific...
>>
>>3986696
He probably means how magical and mysterious the universe in OOT is. The goddesses, the triforce, the sacred realm. You only hear of those things, but you (Link) never sees any of that himself. I always pondered about the Sacred Realm in OOT when I was a kid, wondered how it was, if it was even a physical place.
>>
File: 1493612593753.png (64KB, 754x455px) Image search: [Google]
1493612593753.png
64KB, 754x455px
>>3986696
He means a game that feels like it's been lived in but still summarily depicts some moral like good vs evil in quintessential form. We have gone full circle. After an overstayed welcome of artistic hipster games, we have finally opened our eyes and want to go back to simpler days from a more civilized age.
>>
File: lomcactus.jpg (52KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
lomcactus.jpg
52KB, 564x423px
>>3986683

This is fits the description for me
>>
>>3986792
Yeah that's a good one, as is the rest of the Mana series. Mana also carries the sense of a world that's waning and all that's magical is fading away or departing like in LotR. I also had the Changeling PnP game in mind, though I personally view it as a moral coarseness and corruption of the period rather than leaving childhood and growing into banal adulthood.
>>
SO many WRPGs if you can get yourself into them. Games like OOT are Japanese interpretations of western style stories but Nintendo is really good at making things accessible.
>>
>>3986771

I think it would just be nice if people acknowledged that morals existed, and that a few of them are very much mandatory.

That's it.
>>
>>3986817
>“Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable.” ― G.K. Chesterton
>>
>>3986828

My experience has been quite different.
>>
>>3986816
>Games like OOT are Japanese interpretations of western style stories
You mean Chinese. Zelda is inspired by "Journey to the West," the same thing DBZ is based on. Hence, Dragon Balls and Triforce granting your wishes.
>>
>>3986842
Having an item that grants wishes doesn't mean a game is based on or inspired by one in particular of the thousands of fairy tales where an item grants wishes. Also, an item isn't a story. And an inspiration isn't and interpretation. Dictionaries. I miss the days when children used them.
>>
>>3986842
Source on Zelda being inspired in JotW?
>>
>>3986920
I never implied otherwise. I just listed an example. Do you know what "example" means? Also calling you out for being wrong about it being western influence.

>>3986925
Iwata Asks about Ganon coming from the Zhu Baiji.
>>
File: 5927630_f248[1].jpg (12KB, 248x325px) Image search: [Google]
5927630_f248[1].jpg
12KB, 248x325px
>>3986976
Zelda is very obviously a Japanese interpretation of Western style fantasy settings with some Eastern concepts and characters inserted for various reasons.
>>
>>3986976
You never implied anything you outright said it. I know what example means. Clearly it's one of those many words you don't know the meaning of if you think it has anything to do with how wrong you are. I never said it was "western influence" or anything of the sort. I only said you were wrong. Words kiddo. Learn what they mean and you'll look less stupid.
>>
>>3986759
redpill me on sacred realm
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Mystic Ark has a weird surreal atmosphere. So does 7th Saga, but with a more traditional fantasy setting.

Maybe the point-and-click game Loom.
>>
>>3987072
Place created by the 3 goddesses, where the Triforce lies.
It's a holy place connected to Hyrule, but at a higher level, like a "heaven".
Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm when Link opened the door of time.
But the "Sacred Realm" seems to be not a physical place, but rather a "mirror of the heart". Ganondorf's heart was evil, so he turned Hyrule into a dark world.
The Sages and Zelda, in a desperate move, sealed him in the Sacred Realm, now turned into a dark world.
Ganondorf escapes the Sacred realm in Wind Waker.
>>
>>3987072
>Gods created the world and left the Triforce where they departed. But that's still in the world of Hyrule. -(OoT & TP)
>using the Triforce, Hyrulean royalty created a peaceful era that goes on for a long time. -(TP)
>many many wars happen -(ALBW)
>seven sages finally have enough and create a place called the Sacred Realm -(ALBW)
>after many ages the Sacred Realm is forgotten, just the way the Royal Family wants it. -(ALBW & OoT)
>somehow Ganondorf finds out about it and makes Link open it. -(OoT)
>Ganon corrupts Sacred Realm by touching the Triforce. -(OoT)
>Link beats Ganon and is sent back in time by Zelda closing the road to the Triforce, but it remains split and presumably the Sacred Realm remains corrupted in the Child Timeline because of it. -(OoT)

That's all we know. There is some speculation that the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm in Skyward Sword because it fits an adage from the ALttP manuals that says "In a realm beyond sight the sky shines gold, not blue. There the Triforce's might makes mortal's dreams come true." But it's unconfirmed. I haven't played through BotW yet, so I don't know how that fits.
>>
File: rm4.png (1MB, 1072x428px) Image search: [Google]
rm4.png
1MB, 1072x428px
Play the Mega Man Legends series. They're the PS1's closest games to Ocarina
>>
>>3987017
this
So is Fire Emblem desu
It's part of the charm of both series, it's like looking at something through the distorting lens that is another persons cutely flawed perspective, and realizing there is nothing wrong with what they are seeing
>>
>>3987238
I always thought this, too. Same vibes, grand adventure-sort of feeling, but a different setting.
>>
>>3987968
He never said that OOT predates MML though.
Anyway, there's nothing "fairytale/ethereal" about Mega Man Legends.
>>
>>3988279
>Los Angeles
Sorry, I don't go to nigger places and I'm also a hetero male, good luck with your next try.
>>
>>3988279
I wish I could be this edgy one day.
>>
>>3988497
Don't worry. You're too old for this. They're probably underage and use this website as the closest chance they have to ever being adult.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.