[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the things I love about games is when there's this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Titlebar.jpg (52KB, 800x180px) Image search: [Google]
Titlebar.jpg
52KB, 800x180px
One of the things I love about games is when there's this fully-realized setting with all these little details and you can tell it's something the creator spent a LOT of time on, probably even independently of working on the game.

Britannia in the Ultima games (especially the Enlightenment trilogy) just has so much love put into it. It feels like a real place. And back in the day there were the maps and such that came with the games. I think one even came with an ankh.

I adore the Wing Commander series with its focus on different ship types and the preferences of the various pilots, as well as the ongoing war and its implications for people, and all the little things they did that probably didn't sell them a single extra copy but ensured that those did play the game would come back to it again and again. Like the ranking system in the first game, or the flavorful-as-fuck manuals.

Spiderweb Software is another great example. One dude makes those games all by his lonesome (he hires artists and musicians; his wife handles the website and business side of things) and the places feel so real despite the graphics not being incredible.

I love Fallout, but it doesn't quite hit me the same way; I'm not sure why.

Anyway, what are some other good /vr/ games where you get to experience something rich and filled with detail, and where the more time you invest the more there is to get out of it? especially if one person or a very small group created it.
>>
File: albion-7.jpg (103KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
albion-7.jpg
103KB, 720x480px
Albion is such a lovingly crafted RPG. I think it should be a lot more well known than it is.
>>
>>3986085
OP here. It's on my to-play list. I'll move it to the top. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
File: PatrickNagel-Rio.jpg (82KB, 702x700px) Image search: [Google]
PatrickNagel-Rio.jpg
82KB, 702x700px
>>3986048
Planescape: Torment? There's a helluva lotta world-building in there. I know it's based on a pre-existing setting, but I think the game ended up reflexively changing things about that setting because of how involved the developers were.

Were the Might & Magic series as involved in world-building? Each game had new geography, but there was a meta-setting that the games were collectively embedded in.

I remember the Soulblazer/ Illusion of Gaia/ Terranigma series had very detailed worlds that you would explore. Well, Soulblazer not so much, but it was a fun action game. the other two were much more epic.
>>
>>3986547
Might and Magic 6-8 take place on the same planet as HoMM 1-3 and has a pretty fleshed out background.
>>
>>3986085

Cat nipples, you mean?
>>
I'm actually surprised Spiderweb Software don't get talked about more. I've played the Avernum / Exile series on and off for years since at least the late 90's. I remember as a kid downloading the demo's and spending hours in that.

Anyways as far as the question. I really don't know. Baldurs Gate maybe? I actually can't think of anything that's like the Avernum series. At least /vr/ like.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.