[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kongo Jungle >Hey this is a nice greeting to the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: donkey_kong_country.png (1MB, 1125x800px) Image search: [Google]
donkey_kong_country.png
1MB, 1125x800px
>Kongo Jungle
>Hey this is a nice greeting to the game but it's way too easy
>Monkey Mines
>Hey, besides that one bullshit level Stop & Go Station this world is at just the right difficulty
>Vine Valley
>GodDAMN, fucking offscreen shit and insanely hard gimmick levels like Orang-utan Gang? This game better start getting better
>Gorilla Glacier
>Oh for fuck sake! Every single one of these levels is bullshit, alright let's just get past this world so we can head to the last world and beat the game once and for all
>Kremkroc Industries
>Goddamn, scary to think that the minecart stage was the BEST one. Everything else was some gimmicked up shit or an underwater level way too hard for it's own good. Well at least we're at the final b-
>Chimp Caverns
>There's MORE to this fucking game and it starts off with the shittiest gimmick level in the game? Fuck this, I'm out.

Miyamoto was right, Super Mario World felt rewarding with it's gameplay and discovery meanwhile Donkey Kong Country feels unfair with gimmick levels that only happen once so you need to completely relearn the game just for one stage and exploration only rewards you with more bananas which go to extra lives that will inevitably get eaten up by the bullshit gimmick levels. Not to mention the copious amounts of offscreen bullshit (Go play Orang-utan Gang if you don't believe me) that the only way you could counter it is by playing the level beforehand or watching a guide that will cost you a Kong when it wouldn't in Super Mario World because you usually have a half dozen movement options at your disposal to avoid it, you don't get better at Donkey Kong Country, you just learn it's patterns which anybody can do given enough time. I was at the exact same skill level I started at because I didn't learn anything new about this game, I just memorized the patterns of the levels like it's a game of Simon. Fuck this steaming pile of goat shit
>>
>>3985963
Hop n bop garbage. Smw is pixel perfect platforming
>>
>>3985963
>muh gimmicks are bad!
/vr/ in nutshell, gimmicks are fun, you never know what to expect from a level instead of "ok let's play generic level #27 featuring the same things but in different spots", it's obvious that you can get better a lot faster in a game with little variation of gameplay (like the original non-romhack SMW), not that I think DKC1 is a masterpiece, but DKC2 sure is.
>>
Ive always loved both
>>
>>3986004
Gimmicks are fun when they compliment the pace of the game and the level Tanked Up Trouble (The one I dropped the game on) didn't. Oh yeah, having to wait around on a slow as shit conveyor belt to collect fuel tanks that you must get each and every single one of sure compliments the pace of a fast platformer where you ride around on rhinos. Give me a fucking break. I hate that levels like Blackout Basement, Torchlight Trouble, Stop & Go Station, Trick Track Trek and more completely fuck over the pacing of the game to the point where they're practically different games.
>>
>>3986084
So you're just one of those with ADHD, ok, besides you don't really need to wait in Blackout Basement or Stop & Go Station all that much, only Trick Track Trek fits your dumb criteria a little bit.
>Wahh I can't moving forward all the time non-stop like Mario!
Literally just gid gud, these stages are far from "different games", a different game would be a change to a different genre, it still is platforming, they're just different kinds of obstacles, use your brain and fingers for a change of pace.
>>
>Miyamoto was right

Oh look, it's a Steve L. Kent thread.
>>
>>3985963
>Miyamoto was right

>"And apparently recently some rumour got out that I didn't really like that game? I just want to clarify that that's not the case, because I was very involved in that."

Indeed, OP, Miyamoto was right...
>>
>>3985963
Git gud.
>>
>>3985963
>>3986004
>>3986084
Real games have gimmicks that read the player's mind.
>>
>>3986365
Memorization isn't skill. I'm no better at the game than I was when I started, I just brute forced my way through the levels by memorizing the patterns of the offscreen shit.
>>
>>3986004
Can everyone please stop sucking dkc2s dick so hard plz
>>
>>3985963

DKC1 is way too easy besides a couple of bullshit gimmick levels in the last world.
>>
>>3986638
I agree that memorization isn't a skill, but DKC is not really a game that requires that. You have a wide variety of ways to deal with these things, even if you don't want to take the game slow. If you can't figure those ways out, then you just take it slower. It's that simple.
>>
>>3986651
It has engaging level design and godly aesthetics.
>>
>>3986084
It's an autoscroller level. They are quite common in platformers. Even SMW had them. Stop whining.
>>
I can't think of a single level with offscreen shit that suddenly kills you.
>>
>>3987834
Yeah, DKC did one thing right, and that was giving you plenty of time to react/avoid whatever is approaching you. OP is just a scrub.
>>
>>3985963
play dkc2 for a bit and suddenly dkc will turn into the easiest game ever

and what? mario world literally had a new gimmick for pretty much every non-secret level. i agree that mario world is a better game but cmon now
>>
>>3985963
>Stop & Go Station
The only reason i even beat that level is the cheat at the beginning of it that lets you skip a good part of it.
>>
>>3987834
>>3989189
Then how about Ice Age Valley where there are a few instances where the platforms are too low to see with the slow camera and Poisonous Pond where Bitesizes come at you at lightning speed out of nowhere? DKC is a classic for several reasons -the OST is one of the best ever made and the rhythm makes it an excellent speed game- but the camera can still be a huge turn-off for newcomers.
>>
>>3985963
Git fukken gud, op
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.