[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the likelihood of a 4K Framemeister once the current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

What's the likelihood of a 4K Framemeister once the current model is completely out of stock?
>>
File: wipethismeme.jpg (146KB, 512x502px) Image search: [Google]
wipethismeme.jpg
146KB, 512x502px
>>3985172
4K is a fucking meme. You should feel retarded for even having a curiosity about it. On top of that, nothing /vr/ is going to look good in 4K, so go back to /v/ where trash like this is okay.
>>
I dunno, Micomsoft has been rather tight-lipped on any possible XRGB successor.
OSSC is the way to go at this point.
Aren't 4K TVs still laggy as fuck for gaming?
>>
>>3985216
>OSSC
I'm inclined to agree, although that maxes out at pixel quintupling, which is 1200p

>Aren't 4K TVs still laggy as fuck for gaming?
I didn't know about this issue
>>
>>3985185
this
>>
>>3985185
>4K is a meme
Actually, 4K allows for full integer scaling for 240p without any windowboxing which happens when you upscale 240p/480i/480p to 1080p and keep integer scaling.

If you don't want integer scaling, then the pixels become uneven and there is some shimmering effect when scrolling.
>>
>>3985262
>>3985185
You guys are autistic at best. 2160p looks far superior to 1080p at every screen size. Having more refining of pixels is nothing but a good thing. More resolution and refinement could allow a new framemeister to avoid scanline issues or literally every other issue it has, with the power needed to upscale to UHD, it would have the power to overcome those other issues.

>>3985216
UHD gaming monitors and tvs run great. In fact Samsung/Sony since 2014 have lower input/output delay for their middle-high to high end tvs than what Sony was doing in 2010-current on their 1080p models (under 20ms with game mode off, close to under 4ms with game mode on). Which is unreal, no it is not CRT levels (under 2ms), but if you look at any actual charts of input/output totals on 2160p tvs from 2014-newer you see near gaming monitor levels with "game" modes turned on. For the 8000+ samsung their tvs have less lag/delay in 2160p than 1080p, since the tv has to upscale anything that is not native. Some televisions have no scaling issues and run 1080p the same as 2160p. Others require game mode to achieve their lowest scores.

We are not talking GTG levels, since that is a number most tvs and monitor manufacturers toss around since it makes them look good. We are talking about input/output, a number that you have to rely on second parties to produce since some of the highest end televisions have numbers worse than their second or third best models.

For televisions UHD OLED by LG are the kings of low delay (GTG AND input/output). Followed by Sony/Samsung UHD. Then Sony 1080p. Then Vizio. Everyone else falls in below them by a lot.

If you are really that capable of noticing 3-20ms delay, just get a gaming UHD monitor. But I doubt any of you are since even TAS run fine with delays ranging from 5-40ms.
>>
>>3985292
There is no 4k content. Apart from pc games which you need 17 GPUs to run at a decent framerate.
4k is a total meme and will stay so for at least 5 years.
>>
>>3985216
>OSSC is the way to go at this point.
OSSC IS NOT A SCALER.
OSSC IS NOT A SCALER.
OSSC IS NOT A SCALER.
OSSC IS NOT A SCALER.
OSSC IS NOT A SCALER.
>>
I love how triggered /vr/ gets whenever framemeister or ossc are discussed
>>
>>3985185
4k allows for shadow mask shader emulation. It's simply amazing.
>>
>>3985639
Its because they are poor children.
>>3985701
This is mainly what I'm interested in a 4k Framemeister, since CRTs are slowly degarding and becoming unavailable this will be the future.
>>
>>3985216
ossc is vaporware
>>
>>3985727
Has nothing to do with money you fool. Who would want to waste a good retro console stretching and distorting the screen onto an LCD when you could always buy a nice CRT instead?
>>
>>3985832
>stretching and distorting
>what is integer scaling to 4k

Just go back to your CRT circlejerk thread you are clearly out of your element here
>>
>>3985823
Vaporware means something that never actually make it to release, or never gets past promos and tech demos.

The OSSC is open source, so you can build one yourself if you're not fast enough to buy one when each batch goes up for sale.
Of course, considering that you make the exact same post every time someone mentions the OSSC, I'm gonna assume that you're too retarded to DIY one.
>>
>>3985284
You can just just use the Firebrandx framemeister profiles for perfect integer scaling at 1080p. It'll cut off a few lines from the top and bottom of the image but in most cases it wouldn't even be noticeable. As far as I'm aware, this is detail that would be lost in overscan on a CRT anyway.

http://www.firebrandx.com/framemeisterprofiles.html
>>
>>3985847

>what is integer scaling to 4k of analog source
>>
>>3986190
completely possible and extremely sharp, anon. it looks good. do some research.
>>
>>3986190
Oh, sorry, I forgot that the number of lines was analog and not an integer value.
>>
>>3985859
>implying you could
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.