[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games you prefer playing in Japanese? For me it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 5110_front.jpg (52KB, 499x512px) Image search: [Google]
5110_front.jpg
52KB, 499x512px
Are there any games you prefer playing in Japanese? For me it's Megaman X4. The English voice clips are pretty funny but they got pretty annoying after a while. The Japanese version also has better intro music.
>>
File: file.jpg (60KB, 576x574px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
60KB, 576x574px
>>3982090
I love this intro so much as a kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCJUoHNCe3w

Yeah my friend game me this disk with "Rockman X4" written on it and a picture of zero against a black background and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. This is the cloest picture I could find to it. That song was so pretty.
>>
File: klaymen2.jpg (74KB, 450x446px) Image search: [Google]
klaymen2.jpg
74KB, 450x446px
>>3982090
This has nothing to do with preference but I also remmeber a Japanese Skullmonkeys game that my cousin had and it was so misleading, becuase I had finished the original skullmonkeys but this one had Klayman on the cover doing the "peace" sign and I thought as a kid that it was a number "two", as in that was the sequel- so, put in the game, and its just skullmonkeys. I asked my cousin before playing if it was the second game and my cousin would just say "yes" lol. Good times discovering games in my cousins house. His dad was rich so he had a ton of original ps1 games in gaint towering cd holder, which would look super silly and inconvinent by today's stanrards. I just got tons of bootlegs and pirated copies instead. Best of both worlds.

Okay so I just googled the cover and It was called Klaymen 2 in Japan. Fucking assholes lol. I just wanted a sequel to skullmoneys.
>>
File: rbshura.jpg (120KB, 441x800px) Image search: [Google]
rbshura.jpg
120KB, 441x800px
The Rushing Beat games. Those western releases were simply horrible.
>>
Every game because I am the typical weeaboo hipster faggot on /vr/
>>
>>3982090
Every single game that was originally released in Japanese unless there's some really compelling reason to prefer the English version. I don't like using translations for languages I know. Most of the translations in the /vr/ era were terrible anyway.

Likewise, I'm not going to play the Japanese release of a Western game without a damn good reason.
>>
>>3982610
>"I know japanese and I want to show off" -The Post.
>>
>>3982680
Not that Anon, but learning moon .Ost of the times isn't even necessary since you will find that someone (be it Aeon Genesis, RPGOne, et cetera) already made a translation patch/translated ROM/image of the game.

...Of course, unless you play some really obscure shit, but even so, your reason for learning mūn shouldn't just be understanding a plot in a videogame.
>>
>>3982680
I swear there's one faggot on this board who can read runes and acts like it's the easiest thing to learn.
>>
>>3982816
It is easy. It just takes a long time before playing without having a dictionary on hand is feasible.
>>
>>3982814
Fan translations are mostly total garbage, to be fair. I agree, though, I wouldn't suggest learning it ONLY for old video games. But if you're into other Japanese stuff as well (manga/LNs/VNs/etc.), it's very much worth it.
>>
>>3982680
>>3982816

lol eops
>>
All games that don't require fluent reading.
>>
I'm not sure I understand why so many Americans find watching/reading something in its original language a joke.

Is it because they think "America is the greatest country in the world" like Trump wants them to believe, so they think it's the same for their language?

But now let me turn the question around.

Would you rather listen to an album of Michael Jackson, or to an album of Michael Jackson with the voice of Michael Jackson replaced by some chinese dudes with the lyrics translated as well? Would you even laugh and insult the people choosing the form and think the later is a given?

Movies and animes, and cutscenes in a MM game are anime, aren't very much different.
>>
>>3982090
Usually every single game with more than 5 words in it.
>>
File: 1475431870033.jpg (40KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
1475431870033.jpg
40KB, 576x440px
>>3983119
>playing MMX4 in english is like hearing a famous pop star's song sung by someone else and with the lyrics in another language
>>
castlevania III
>>
>>3982090
Megaman 8 myself. If it was cutscenes only for voices I wouldn't mind but listening to "POWER SHOT" constantly is grating. Though typically I don't mimd much with this.
>>3982519
Actually though there was an exclusive neverhood/skullmonkies game on ps1 in japan only. It was only a low budget air hockey game but still interesting. Guess it had a following a bit there.
>>3983690
One of the few games with no text worth playing the original version. That original soundtrack really is so much better.
>>
>>3983119
It is just easier to play something in your own language and some people in america actually only know english. I find it is usually lazy people who complain about not wanting to read subtitles that have disdain for media in a foreign language. I don't think anyone would really say its a joke though, I think youve misread how people feel about it.
>>
>>3983119
are you serious
there are dubs out the ass in Europe
>>
>>3983686
Well yes, it's very similar. In both cases the work of the original artist is taken out, only to be replaced by a cheap version. The voice may not be as important in MMX4 as it is in a song, but factors not present in the case of a song make things worse, such as the obvious absence of lip sync with the animation.
>>
>>3985387
>The voice may not be as important in MMX4 as it is in a song
>may not

Well that's an understatement if I ever saw one.
>>
>>3982090
>For me it's Megaman X4

ew, no. There is nothing "rock" about that rockman x4 intro.

at least mega man x4 takes a note from mega man 8 with that Q-sound 90s goodness for the intro.
>>
>>3985387
>>3985615
People regularly argue that voices aren't important even in anime.
>>
>>3985642
Well, they're really not. The reasons you'd watch movies or TV shows (anime included) are primarily for the writing, second for the visual spectacle. As long as the VAs aren't grating, they're good enough.
>>
>>3985642
People will "argue" anything to defend their shitty behaviours.

Voice acting is a work and an art form. You get chosen for your job itself, but also your delivery, tone, and your empathy for the characters you're playing.
That's without mentionning translation issues, which are more of a burden in VA than in subtitles because of the lip sync, and that lip sync in question being made for the original language.

Dubbing is always worse by its very definition, and is notoriously bad in animation, with common issues like "let's replace this manly voice by a faggot one because I feel like, I, as a dub voice director, understand the animation and the characters more than the creators themselves" .

>>3985615
In MMX4 as a game, yes, but in the animated cutscenes? No, voices have an equal importance as in a music.
>>
>>3985650
>ou get chosen for your job itself

I mean your voice itself
>>
>>3985647
>Well, they're really not.
Well they really are, unless you are retarded.
>>
>>3985659
And also there is no set hierarchy of reasons why you would watch something. Unless you are retarded.
>>
Yeah all of them.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.