[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people outside of /vr/ hate the Dreamcast? PS2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: dreamcast.jpg (46KB, 602x725px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast.jpg
46KB, 602x725px
Why do so many people outside of /vr/ hate the Dreamcast? PS2 fanboys will go out of their way to shit on it for some reason. I don't get it.
>>
>>3979021
I love the dreamcast, but in my opinion the ps2 was the better system. More massive game library, dual analog sticks. Games like sly 3. Plus Dreamcast had mostly arcade games, there fun at partys, but depth is kinda meh, unless you count Elemental Gimmick Gear.
>>
PS2 only became good long after the death of the system.
>>
>why do fanboys shit on the opposition
Hmm
>>
File: DC vs PS2.jpg (164KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
DC vs PS2.jpg
164KB, 720x480px
DC library is much better; PS2 has a handful of good games and at least 30,000 bad ones, and they know that. I think it's just saltiness that PS2 folks ended up with the weakest system of the generation once the DC vanished, and looking back, they realize they should have bought a DC and then upgraded to an Xbox anyway.
>>
>>3979021
I'm so-so towards the Dreamcast, it's not bad at all and it's library is reasonably large despite less than 3 years, but as a whole it hasn't aged too well

I despise the reliability of the console, all Dreamcast GD-Rom drives are ticking time bombs, even if you don't use CD-R's

I also don't really care for the first party. I'm one of the few that doesn't like Shenmue, and games like Sonic Adventure and "Seaman" are just boring

Platformers are one of my favorite genres, which is really lacking on the Dreamcast, with the port of Rayman 2 being the shining star

It did get some really nice ports though, like Rayman 2, Hydro Thunder, Soul Reaver and Mortal Kombat Gold
>>
>>3979065
The Capcom fighters are fantastic ports too.
>>
>>3979049
Yeah, but there's no reason to attack the DC. It wasn't even a threat to the PS2.
>>
>almost no good first party games
>very few good shooters
>very few good RPGs
>very few good platformers
>literally no action/adventure games
I guess I'm just not really into fighting games.
>>
Ultimate arcade at home experience. Jack shit for everything else though
>>
I never hated the DC up until the fanboys here on 4chan decided to shitpost and spam up until the rules were changed to give the DC a special snowflake exemption.

Now I purposely give out bad repair info to people about the DC(Just turn that pot up ALLLL the way). I look forward to the day when they are all broken.
>>
File: kiryu.png (532KB, 740x432px) Image search: [Google]
kiryu.png
532KB, 740x432px
>>3979021
>fanboys
Stopped reading there.

>>3979050
>talks about better library
>posts graphics comparison
The DC was good piece of hardware, but PS2s library was way better + the best Sega title came out on the PS2.
>>
File: vf4.png (586KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vf4.png
586KB, 640x480px
>>3979105
>the best Sega title came out on the PS2.
Wrong pic.
>>
>>3979105
I just post that picture in discussions like this because it's funny, I genuinely believe the DC has a better library. And Yakuza totally would have been a DC game in different reality had the DC succeeded.
>>
>>3979104
>dreamcast has potentiometers
Where and why?
>>
>>3979109
Ah, not Yakuza. I'm really not that opposed to the PS2 either way, but I'm not a big fan.
>>3979118
Laser pickup, for adjusting the lazer
>>
File: SA.jpg (161KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
SA.jpg
161KB, 640x908px
>>3979105
And the best compilations as well.
>>
>>3979109

My fuckin nigga.

VF4 Evo's tutorial mode is the best tutorial mode in any fighting game to this date.
>>
Is there anything comparable to Zelda on the Dreamcast? I love action/adventure/puzzle games. It doesn't even have to be in a fantasy/medievel setting. It's mainly the gameplay that I enjoy. I like exploring, and finding items, and fighting monsters.
>>
>>3979156
Have you played Soul Reaver yet?
>>
>>3979050
>DC library is much better
Ahahahahahaha! It was nothing but fucking arcade ports and (now) former exclusives.

>PS2 has a handful of good games
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go to fucking bed, lad.
>>
>>3979169
>nothing but fucking arcade ports
imagine having the PS2 as your first console and thinking this is a bad thing.
>Go to fucking bed, lad.
It's 3:45PM. I get that you have deep, deep nostalgia for FIFA 14, but take it to /v/ where it belongs.
>>
>>3979105
>>3979105
>>3979109
>not Shenmue
>>
File: lethalweapon3552.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lethalweapon3552.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm too old for this autism.
>>
>>3979116
>And Yakuza totally would have been a DC game in different reality had the DC succeeded.
yeah in a reality where sega weren't incompetent
>>
>>3979187
>he's still using arcade ports as a criticism
My sides.
>>
It still has the very SEGA mindset of more arcade-y action and feel than its' contemporaries

I don't mind it personally

Not to mention it's missing a lot of big games and titles; outside of Sonic and Crazy Taxi I dunno how much most people would know
>>
>>3979263
>That shitty MS Paint edit
I don't even know how to reply to this level of delusion.
>>
Oh come on.
>>
>>3979191
Eh, Shenmue was a solid adventure game with incredible atmosphere, but I'd hardly consider it one of Sega's top tier games.
>>
>>3979105
>Yakuza
>good

Literally GTA-tier pleb shit.
>>
File: gunvalkyrie2.jpg (402KB, 1024x720px) Image search: [Google]
gunvalkyrie2.jpg
402KB, 1024x720px
>>3979105
>the best Sega title came out on the PS2.
But Gunvalkyrie came out on Xbox, Anon.
>>
>>3979021
>PS2 fanboys will go out of their way to shit on it for some reason.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. People from retro gaming circles love to diminish the PS2, especially Dreamcast fans, since Sony's console is considered by them the responsible for Dreamcast's early demise.

>>3979050
>DC library is much better; PS2 has a handful of good games and at least 30,000 bad ones
lol, not really. I love the Dreamcast, but the PS2 has at least 3x the number of good games.
>>
>>3979021
most of /v/ dont like arcade style games. its the main reason why most of them dislike sonic.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.