[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PGXP is some magic shit. https://www.youtube.com/results?s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

PGXP is some magic shit.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%253D&q=pgxp
>>
Don't like it, I miss the wobbling.
>>
I don't see the appeal.
>>
whatever
>>
PS1 without the wobble is just magic. But I guess this will be the new scanlines fitler discussion.
>>
>>3978014
Text still rooks like shit. Edges of polygons seem to flicker and deform. NG
>>
File: re3jILL.png (340KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
re3jILL.png
340KB, 1280x1024px
I'd rather play the PC version. It has much many more pros than that.
Higher res backgrounds, no loading times at all between camera angles (can even skip doors), easier access for mod/cheats (starting the game with the 2nd shotgun...), access to the Jap version, 2 more costumes.
>>
>>3978246

RE3 is just being used for demonstration purposes you autistic fucking loser.
>>
But how will Lara Croft's boobs wobble now?!
>>
>>3978259
I realized that, OP even said it himself last time he made this thread.

I'm just saying it's a terrible example. Not to mention there is a Gamecube version with no wobble.
>>
>>3978014
Yeah... it's amazing how pretty PSX games are beneath the eye cancer wobble on top. Would the graphics card have been significantly more expensive if they always had the games looking like that from day one?

On a side note, are youtube videos not embedding on 4chan for anyone else?
>>
>>3978014
You could have picked a better example you know... one in which the entire picture is affected rather than just the character model.
>>
>>3978595
>On a side note, are youtube videos not embedding on 4chan for anyone else?
Works fine here, it's just you.
>>
>>3978623
oh my god wtf has happened to me? :(
>>
>>3978784
That's because it's a playlist, dummy, you can't embbed those.
(TEST)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wbnrduhjg
>>
>>3978794
oh, kek

hehe
>>
Omega boost impressed me a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvr4lQtx1pM

ps1 games are meant to be played this way.
>>
>>3978014
the developers intended those wobbles you stupid cunt, it's more realistic
>>
>>3978862
take a chill pill bruv
>>
>>3978862
What the hell is your problem
>>
>>3979000
Jessica, Ugh that bitch.
>>
>>3978014
It does look really great.
>>
>>3978871

the wobbled are way worse in emulation though.
>>
>>3979487

No they aren't.
>>
>>3979496

At native res, it's 1 pixel of imprecision. At 8x, it's 8 pixels. And so forth.
>>
PGXP didn't work at all when I played Metal Gear Solid. I still had perspective-incorrect texture mapping.
>>
File: kUzHfDH[1].jpg (409KB, 1918x720px) Image search: [Google]
kUzHfDH[1].jpg
409KB, 1918x720px
>>3979556

It's not perfect, and it works per game. Some games just use different methods to work the polys. I suggest try it again. They may have changed anything.

You can use the opengl1 plugin and hit the one of the f keys to show you how much its' working. Blue is good, red is not working.
>>
File: PSOGL2_002.jpg (721KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_002.jpg
721KB, 1280x960px
This was taken back in September of last year with what was the latest version of PCSXR-PXGP.

Dunno if they've updated it since then.
>>
>>3979505

If you're upscaling that's your own retardation and you should have to deal with the consequences.
>>
>>3979626
not all games are made equally, if it makes it work right then it's all good
>>
>>3978014
That unironically looks worse than both the pc and ps1 versions.
>>
How do you even get pcsx re-armed to work in retroarch? I have all the required bios files but when i launch a game it just crashes. When i use debug mode it saya gpuinit error but cant find anything about it online.
>>
>>3979649
i dont do that shit, stop pretending you know people because of a post on 4chan
>>
File: 7684296.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
7684296.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>3979631
lol. I'd really like to know just how the mental gymnastics of these neckbeards' minds work.
>>
>>3979702
nope, not at all, but i see youre only here to shitpost

you're really just an idiot
>>
>>3979710
I really wish there was some way to see the mechanism in action, maybe see the world through their eyes for a few minutes. What does a world built of denial look like? When exactly is the filter applied?
>>
>>3979724

>Oh y-yeah? W-well you're j-just a...Just a...a b-big FATHEAD MEANIE P-POOPIE PANTS!!! Yeah! T-that's what you are!
>>
with syphon filter
>>
To be honest it would be far easier to appreciate the difference if there were side-by-side comparisons.
>>
>>3978014
What's the difference?
>>
hump hump
>>
>>3979730
whoa buddy no need for that kinda language here, this is a christian japanese imageboard.
>>
>>3980089
With proper linear texture filtering that would look amazing. Can it be dons?
>>
Try out Terracon with PGXP. It's amazing, even without actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA_e5c3XG80

>>3979573
These polygon views are cool too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n54LN4FGPuU
>>
>>3980971
>Try out Terracon with PGXP. It's amazing, even without actually.

Technically impressive game. But as a game it's pretty poor.
>>
>>3980901
What? I thought this was a Taiwanese puppet drama board!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZvhVHvBL2g
>>
>>3978014
Taking Away PS1 wobble is like smoothing pixels on 16 bit games, it just doesnt look right, it might look cleaner, but removes all fondness i have for playing the game
>>
>>3982267

>muh nostalgia
>>
>>3982270
Exactly, untill "We Do It" Capcom remakes RE2. If i want upgraded graphics on RE's ill stick to the DC "remakes"
>>
>>3982295
That's fine hun, but not all PS1 games have DC/PC ports.
>>
>>3981971
>that Rio de Janeiro map
I was born on this place (on Botafogo), I walked those streets. Driver 2 is weirdly accurate.
>>
>>3978014
wow that looks a lot better
>>
>>3982310
my bad babe, I was honestly just referring to the game he posted. As for the emulator itself, it just makes me miss the charm of the PS1 itself, Wavies and all
>>
>>3982357
A lot better than what?
>>
I consider the wobbles to be part of the experience of playing a ps1, but this is probably good for people who aren't playing for nostalgia reasons
>>
>>3982397
I consider wobbles to be AIDS.
>>
>>3982903
ok
>>
>>3978806
use 4chanx and it will fix that.
>>
Do you have any comprehensible guide, please? I'm still using epsxe because it werks.
>>
>>3983680

epsxe is closed source, so only the dev team can make changes to it.

IceCatHunter made a fork of PCSXR since it open source and you can fork open source projects. He added PGXP and CPU overclocking capability to it. It's just a few menu clicks.

Download:
http://ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
>>
Do the Spyro games work with this yet?
>>
>>3978980
>tripfag

NESfag doesn't use a trip.
>>
>>3978014

Just wanted to say, since you're using Retroarch, probably one of the best features for it is being able to lower the audio latency as much as you possibly can.

Lower audio latency = More precise controls, and less blank frames between actions while the system tries to catch the latency up with what's actually happening.

Makes games like Earthbound and Pokemon actually PLAYABLE without having to use turbo/fastforward
>>
>>3982903
I have parkinson's disease so the character wobbles even when I play modern games
>>
File: 1494560967303[1].png (473KB, 978x618px) Image search: [Google]
1494560967303[1].png
473KB, 978x618px
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.