[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /vr/, after taking some of your advice on my first ever retro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ThanksVr.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ThanksVr.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So, /vr/, after taking some of your advice on my first ever retro purchase I couldn't be happier. This little guy serves me better than I could ever imagine. I am having tons of fun with all the games I used to emulate.

Now I have come to ask questions about another console I'd love to own - The Super Famicom/Nintendo.

First of all, regions. Are the consoles region locked? I am a sucker for the 4 color design of the PAL/Jap console. Also, I hear the PAL plays the game slower, is it true? Could I get a Jap NTSC? Even though my country uses mostly PAL TV's modern tv's allow switching. Will I even be able to hook a SNES/SF up to a modern TV?
Is there any hope of a new edition of the Everdrive that supports the chipped games? If not, do cheap repros of the chipped games exist?
TL;DR Redpill me on purchasing a Snes/SF today. Thanks, /vr/, you guys are the best board
>>
File: 123124125 (46).jpg (18KB, 839x660px) Image search: [Google]
123124125 (46).jpg
18KB, 839x660px
chill dude
>>
I can't be sure that was your intention, but I bet this post is gonna make some people mad

but hey man good on ya hope ya have fun

a lot of this shit you could just google, if not all of it
>>
>>3976731
I just wanted to exhaust all questions to leave no ambiguity to my intentions.
Also I'm still pretty excited and enjoying my GBC.
>>
>>3976734
Why would I make people mad? Is it because I want flashcarts and am okay with repros?

And thanks, mate.

Can't seem to find comprehensive sources of info, and I trust personal experiences from /vr/ more than random shit online that's meant to sell me stuff
>>
>>3976727
Yes, Yes, Yes but mods are needed to play PAL games at their correct speed and to bypass region lock, Yes use RGB

unsure but get an SD2SNES as most chips are supported or can be supported with updates

>>3976737
People don't like spoonfeeding, and threads that are just focused on your question alone kill off other threads with discussion, which is why people don't like it. Best option is to stick to asking in other threads from here on and let this one die.
>>
Remember that European mains output much more power than those used in Japan and the Americas. You'll need a step-down voltage converter or you'll fry the console the moment you plug it in.
>>
>>3976761
Got it, thanks. Sorry about the faux pas.
>>
>>3976727
>First of all, regions. Are the consoles region locked?
Yes.
>I am a sucker for the 4 color design of the PAL/Jap console.
Ditto.
>Also, I hear the PAL plays the game slower, is it true?
Yes. 50hz vs 60hz.
>Could I get a Jap NTSC?
Yes.
>Even though my country uses mostly PAL TV's modern tv's allow switching.
Cool.
>Will I even be able to hook a SNES/SF up to a modern TV?
Yeah, as long as you have composite, s-video, or SCART inputs. So yes for any decent TV.
>Is there any hope of a new edition of the Everdrive that supports the chipped games?
Not any time soon. Several years from now, maybe. the SD2SNES is the best SNES flash cart by far.
>If not, do cheap repros of the chipped games exist?
No. But most of the unsupported games are affordable, and there are only a few good games that SD2SNES doesn't support.
>TL;DR Redpill me on purchasing a Snes/SF today. Thanks, /vr/, you guys are the best board
Don't say redpill. It makes you look like a foreveralone redditor sadsack.
Enjoy your GBC!
>>
>>3977043
Thanks for the advice. Final question, could a Nippon SuFa play non jap region games off a flashcart if I patched them right?
>>
>>3977065
Never tried it, but as far as I know the answer is yes.

The only region locking on SNES is PAL vs NTSC. All NTSC systems (North American and Japanese) can play the same games. The carts are slightly different shapes, so US carts wont fit in a jap system without modification and vice versa, but if you're using a flash cart this won't be a problem.

Patched PAL roms and all NTSC roms should work fine.
>>
>>3977085
You are the bearer of great news. Looks like I'll be buying a Jap Supah and an SD2Snes this summer. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: 18screenshot1[1].png (5KB, 640x400px)
18screenshot1[1].png
5KB, 640x400px
>>3977091
>>
>>3977425
Nostalgia!
>>
>>3977456
It's the only software I know of that can auto-"fix for Ntsc"
>>
>>3977091
Make sure you get a SD2Snes with a super famicom case. Fitting japanese-style carts into a SNES is easy but you'd need to tear up the console (or get a pass-through cart) to go the other way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.