[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Xenogears data got wiped when my PS3 died. I'd really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Xenogears_box.jpg (86KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_box.jpg
86KB, 256x240px
My Xenogears data got wiped when my PS3 died.

I'd really hate to play it all over again.

Is there any way to download a save file of where I was at in the game? If that is possible please tell me how to do it.
>>
Bump. There's gotta be a way, /vr/.
>>
if you got a ps3 with cfw you might be able to retrieve the saves. PS1 saves are not encrypted on the ps3.
>>
>>3976839
I don't know what cfw is. And my PS3 is long gone.

I think it might be easier to download the save on my PC and play it on emulator but I don't even know if that is possible?
>>
>>3976373
GameFAQs has a decent variety of dexdrive save files (.gme) and epsxe has supported them for ages
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/199365-xenogears/saves

Looks like some are normal, some are hacked and some are special (debug room).
>>
>>3977745
Thanks, I think I've found a save of where I was (Sky City Shevat).

Can you run me through how to get it up and running? Never downloaded a savestate before.
>>
File: xenogears Disc2.jpg (8KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
xenogears Disc2.jpg
8KB, 250x188px
>>3976373
Take it as a sign from the heavens not to waste anymore of your time on the game. If you must, just download a text file of the script and read it while this is on a screen beside you. That's about the same as actually playing Disk 2 anyways.

Really though, you should look at this as a divine gift and move on with your life.
>>
>>3978472
>you should look at this as a divine gift and move on with your life.
Kek that's kind of heavy.

I stll want to beat this game.
>>
Xenogears sucks a big limp dick. Terrible game.
>>
>The one time Junya Ishigaki manages to produce mecha designs that aren't mostly shit is wasted on a shit game

Is this what we call "pottery"?
>>
File: xenokino.png (1MB, 1424x884px) Image search: [Google]
xenokino.png
1MB, 1424x884px
>>3978591
yeah, don't listen to the others. It's definitely worth it to finish the game, the most memorable scenes all happen in disc 2.
>>
>>3978472
The inner monologue is an artistic decision like the original last two episodes of Evangelion. It's not like they ran out of time or something.
>>
>>3978728
>It's not like they ran out of time or something.
*cough* *cough*
>>
>>3978723
what is this new meme?
>>
>>3978837

It's just /tv/ shitposting. Much like those frog pics, any post that has the phrase 'kino' in it should be disregarded entirely.
>>
When did it start being cool to shit on Xenogears? Was it around the time that Xenoblade started getting popular?
>>
File: 1386831637217.jpg (128KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1386831637217.jpg
128KB, 500x333px
>>3978472
>>3978602
>>3978719
>>3978728
>>3978746
>mfw these poor mongoloids were too stupid to "get it"
>>
>>3979510
>When did it start being cool to shit on Xenogears?

No joke, about a month after the game was out and it became common knowledge that it felt like they ran out of time and money mid way through and the whole second disk is a dump of all the lore they wanted to weave into the story but fucked up.

Though honestly after tower of babel I was happy to just have Fei sit there and tell me about dungeons instead of making me slog through them.
>>
>>3981427
I really didn't think Babel was that bad. The game had worse dungeons, and much less interesting ones from a lore standpoint.
>>
>>3981431
It's just that the controls are wonky and the thing is fuck huge so one slip at the top because the platforming is ass meant another 20 minutes of bad jumping and random battles. It was meant more as an indictment of the dungeons on a whole though. Most of them sucked.

Xenogears was like an ocean of potential they tried to shove into a teacup. The result isn't bad per say, but it's sure disappointing. And that's hardly a new sentiment.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.