[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any older games you love but are afraid to play again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5146.png (85KB, 199x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5146.png
85KB, 199x333px
Are there any older games you love but are afraid to play again? Afraid that it's really crap and you're blinded by nostalgia.
>>
No, I've already played and revisited all games from my childhood, also, in the end, all games I really liked from childhood are still good, nostalgia can only go so far Also, nostalgia is wrongly used these days, you don't like an old game from your childhood because you have "nostalgia", you get nostalgia because you see a game from your childhood that you haven't seen since you were a kid, that's what causes the nostalgia effect. If you already remember a game, it's not nostalgia anymore. Nostalgia needs that kind of surprise or "Ohhh I didn't remember this!" factor
>>
I'm terrified that Beyond the Beyond is not as good as I remember it.
>>
I still enjoy the games I liked as a kid
I also don't enjoy the games I disliked as a kid, but I'm more forgiving for their flaws and try to see something positive in them
being afraid of playing games is silly
>>
>>3976283
I realized a few years ago that I fucking hate jrpg's now, even though I used to play the shit out of them when I was a teenager.

Story heavy games in general used to appeal to me a lot back when I was a moody teen. I've since made peace with the fact that every story a jap has ever told through a videogame is either cheesy as fuck or a poor retelling of a much better story.

Other than that, anything I liked then I like now. Even the shovelware I only played just because getting new games used to be a rare occasion is still pretty good
>>
>>3976292
Its fucking garbage, sorry anon.
>>3976325
Try playing better games. I agree most are shit but there are some pretty great jrpgs with genuinely good stories. Or just play something not as story heavy, like a DQ game.
>>
>>3976292
It's not, keep your nostalgia intact
>>
>>3976363
I like Megaten still, jrpg's can be fun if they have a decent battle system. But I really don't give a fuck about movie games anymore, which jrpg's typically are. Even a game with a good combat system like Chrono Trigger is too bogged down in dialogue and shit for my tastes now that I only play like an hour or 2 of vidya a day at most.
>>
I remembered loving Azure Dreams and Chocobo's Dungeon 2 back in the day, but they were also the first roguelikes I'd ever played. After being exposed to the rest of the genre, I recently decided to do another playthrough of Azure Dreams only to find that it's absolute shit now.

I'm sure Chocobo would disappoint me too, so I haven't even bothered revisiting it.
>>
>>3976292
I have the same fear.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.