[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adapters in general? Tips and hints, good/shity3rd party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Acuni.png (678KB, 650x483px) Image search: [Google]
Acuni.png
678KB, 650x483px
Adapters in general? Tips and hints, good/shity3rd party adapters. for consoles.
>>
>>3975273
DONT' BUY THAT CRAP! mayflash, retrolink, etc

here:
https://en.retrogamesupply.com/

or
http://retrodcpowered.com/?i=1

or
http://www.retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155950

you are welcome!
>>
>>3975273
>500mA max
What the hell am I supposed to play on this, Bed Bugs?
>>
>>3975451
It would work perfectly fine for a Genesis 2.
>>
>>3975273
>http://retrodcpowered.com/?i=1
Definitely recommend this one. God-tier quality and a very long list of compatible consoles+ combinations thereof. About the only one it can't do is the North American SNES.
>>
>>3975273
Try a bunch. Find good cheap chink shit. Stock up. I did that years ago and have 1-3A shit that still works great. Don't even know or care if the factory still exists.
>>
>>3977586
>$50 for a power cable
holy shit
>>
>>3975273
Buy the ones which support 5v and 9v, with interchangeable tips, the ones with two prongs so you can change the connector polarity if necessary, 2ma minimun. With them you are set for most of the things out there.

Also don't go and buy the cheapest from aliexpress or ebay, buy it from retail brands like hama and such, maybe it come from the same chink factory but at least these brands buy the better batches and do some Q&A as they don't want to be sued for burning someone else's house.
>>
>>3979513
Nah I get that. Plus it's handmade. If I didn't already have all of these power adapters individually it'd be a good deal.
>>
File: Pep-1170x658.jpg (63KB, 1170x658px) Image search: [Google]
Pep-1170x658.jpg
63KB, 1170x658px
>literally all newer technology use cheap chink power supplies
>their failure rate is almost 0

>HURR DURR DONT BUY CHINK SHIT, BUY A 25 YEARS OLD POWER SUPPLY WITH COPPER CABLES SO IT CAN MELT OVERTIME
>>
I have an adapter related question, since I am thinking of getting a super famicom. I was wondering if the standard adapter it has, was safely compatible with US power output or if it would mess up the system?
>>
What's with the moderation here lately? Seems a bit merchant-friendly...

Anyhow, I'd take a modern power supply over some clapped-out original every time.
>>
>>3975273
That looks like an accident waiting to happen.
>>
>>3981843
Should work fine they use the same standard as north America. An NES power supply will work for the super famicom too I think
>>
>>3982281
That is very, very wrong and will instantly kill an FC or SFC. NES power supply is AC, basically all other consoles ever use DC supplies. If you need 9V DC center pin negative, 1A. A genesis model 2 adapter will work for FC and SFC in the US.
>>
>>3982304
In some posts I found while doing a bit of looking into this, they mention using a model 1 ac adapter? Is there a big difference between them?
>>
>>3982327
The polarity is reversed, for one.

Getting that wrong will also toast your console, or at the very least blow an internal component.
>>
>>3982304
You mean model 1. The Genesis model 2 has a different plug.
>>
>>3975273
>good/shity
Well you got shitty covered.

>>3979297
I used the two prong shit for a while but it's a pain in the ass. The tips are always coming off and I have to plug it back in and test it because different adapters have different marking and I had a lot.
In the end I settled on 9V adapters with 5.5mm center negative which works with most things. Then I have some 1-3 cables so I can use a single high ma adapter to connect multiple devices. Then adapters from 5.5mm to other shit like different barrels or whatever the SNES shit is. I have adapters that change polarity so I can power things with different center off the same adapter. Finally I have some buck converters to step the voltage up/down.
It might sound a bit complicated but I have more than a dozen consoles hooked up that run on DC plus CDs and shit. This gives me more flexibility than the retrodc and costs a fraction of the price.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.